Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 12, 2013

The fast-paced Musou-style legend of the post-apocalyptic savior Kenshiro returns to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the original manga its based on.

Shin Hokuto Musou Treasure Box

Avatar image for nostalgicshakedown
    NostalgicShakedown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Because Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 is coming out soon, and that this year is the 30th anniversary of Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star), I managed to get my hands on the Treasure Box that came out in Japan:

No Caption Provided

I was actually happy because I ordered this back in December and after a very long wait (about 3-4 weeks) I finally got it.

Here's what it contains:

Copy of the game

The cover has Kenshiro in the center, with Yuria, Toki and Raoh on the left, Bart and Lynn grown up on the right and at the top we see Kaioh. The back cover has Kenshiro, Shachi, Hyo, Juuza, Ein. Kaioh, Rei and Mamiya, showing 3 screenshots from the game. And also it has the 30th anniversary logo at the back of the box and it has a colored manual showing off how to play the game like what each part of the HUD does, what the buttons do etc. One thing I also noticed at the back of the manual was a 16 digit code, which is the online pass for multiplayer (Yes, they added online to the game).

Visual Story Book

The book contains the cutscenes from the game with descriptive text, and also some beautiful art that goes across two pages. The book is split up into three parts:

• The Visual Story - Which is the main story from the game.
    • Column - Which gives a brief introduction to the Dream Mode that's in the game.
    • Archives - Gives details for each of the characters and the group they are from (Hokuto Shinken, Nanto Seiken etc).

(Also is it just me or is Kenshiro's hair white on the front cover?)

Calendar which can be also used as mini postcards

The calendar shows pictures that are from the book showing 2 months per picture, but the picture can also be taken out to be used as a postcard.

Kenshiro USB Stick (4GB)

This might be a gimmicky thing to throw into a collector's edition, but I personally like it and it can also be a figurine as it has some nice details on it (just make sure you can stand it upright).

Soundtrack of the game

The soundtrack is a sample of songs played from the game. I know that some of the songs from the first Ken's Rage game will be in this game too but there are also some new songs as well. It still has the heavy rock theme from the first game so expect more of it in this one too. And I say sample because there are only 9 tracks on the CD, and I know that there are more songs in the game (Probably best time to play it would be when opening the Treasure Box).

Character stickers

I love that they've got all the playable characters as stickers to use. They all have colored backgrounds showing the color they use for their aura as well as some Japanese text saying their respective quotes like Kenshiro's famous line: "You're already dead!" (Thanks to a friend who translated that). Now the big problem is where to use them?

Ken's Shura costume.
    Ken's Shura costume.

DLC Code to change Kenshiro into the manga outfit

There was also as a bonus code in the box to change Kenshiro's outfit from Koei's original cosutme, to the Shura costume as this was what he wore in the manga. And it works for both in-game and the cutscenes, which means that if you want to, you could play as Shura Kenshiro from the beginning of the game, and he would appear in all the cutscenes.

I'll eventually be doing a review of the game so expect that either next week or week after.

And here's a quick montage I made if you want some music to go with the slideshow:

Avatar image for nostalgicshakedown
    NostalgicShakedown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Because Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 is coming out soon, and that this year is the 30th anniversary of Hokuto No Ken (Fist of the North Star), I managed to get my hands on the Treasure Box that came out in Japan:

No Caption Provided

I was actually happy because I ordered this back in December and after a very long wait (about 3-4 weeks) I finally got it.

Here's what it contains:

Copy of the game

The cover has Kenshiro in the center, with Yuria, Toki and Raoh on the left, Bart and Lynn grown up on the right and at the top we see Kaioh. The back cover has Kenshiro, Shachi, Hyo, Juuza, Ein. Kaioh, Rei and Mamiya, showing 3 screenshots from the game. And also it has the 30th anniversary logo at the back of the box and it has a colored manual showing off how to play the game like what each part of the HUD does, what the buttons do etc. One thing I also noticed at the back of the manual was a 16 digit code, which is the online pass for multiplayer (Yes, they added online to the game).

Visual Story Book

The book contains the cutscenes from the game with descriptive text, and also some beautiful art that goes across two pages. The book is split up into three parts:

• The Visual Story - Which is the main story from the game.
    • Column - Which gives a brief introduction to the Dream Mode that's in the game.
    • Archives - Gives details for each of the characters and the group they are from (Hokuto Shinken, Nanto Seiken etc).

(Also is it just me or is Kenshiro's hair white on the front cover?)

Calendar which can be also used as mini postcards

The calendar shows pictures that are from the book showing 2 months per picture, but the picture can also be taken out to be used as a postcard.

Kenshiro USB Stick (4GB)

This might be a gimmicky thing to throw into a collector's edition, but I personally like it and it can also be a figurine as it has some nice details on it (just make sure you can stand it upright).

Soundtrack of the game

The soundtrack is a sample of songs played from the game. I know that some of the songs from the first Ken's Rage game will be in this game too but there are also some new songs as well. It still has the heavy rock theme from the first game so expect more of it in this one too. And I say sample because there are only 9 tracks on the CD, and I know that there are more songs in the game (Probably best time to play it would be when opening the Treasure Box).

Character stickers

I love that they've got all the playable characters as stickers to use. They all have colored backgrounds showing the color they use for their aura as well as some Japanese text saying their respective quotes like Kenshiro's famous line: "You're already dead!" (Thanks to a friend who translated that). Now the big problem is where to use them?

Ken's Shura costume.
    Ken's Shura costume.

DLC Code to change Kenshiro into the manga outfit

There was also as a bonus code in the box to change Kenshiro's outfit from Koei's original cosutme, to the Shura costume as this was what he wore in the manga. And it works for both in-game and the cutscenes, which means that if you want to, you could play as Shura Kenshiro from the beginning of the game, and he would appear in all the cutscenes.

I'll eventually be doing a review of the game so expect that either next week or week after.

And here's a quick montage I made if you want some music to go with the slideshow:

kinapuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kinapuff

That's.. a pretty impressive box they threw together there. Way cool!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.