Flight Unlimited II flew a different path for the second installment. Instead of aerobatics, it was to be a more direct competitor to Microsoft's Flight Simulator. This time, focusing on 3D mesh environements, photorealistic ground terrain, and real-time communications with flight control.
- Location-based damage system into four areas: tail, nose, wings (left and right)
- Simulates engine and equipment failure
- Customize your flight: weather, time of day, wind, fog, etc.
- Set in San Francisco (roughly 13,000 square nautical miles)
Available Flyable Aircraft:
- Piper Arrow
- Beechcraft Baron
- De Haviland DHC-2 Beaver seaplane
- Fokker Dr.I triplane (introduced by a patch after release)
- P-51D Mustang
- Trainer 172