Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Flower

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 12, 2009

A highly-acclaimed game that allows players to control the wind and collect flower petals while exploring a lush, colorful environment. Its innovative gameplay often seeks to create a soothing and relaxing experience through a combination of visuals and audio to complement the narrative.

flower Just Literally Blew Me Away. Oh My Goodness.

• 63 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Finally got my hands on it and boy it was a great way to nurse my hangover.
    Beautiful look. The controls aren't perfect, but it's the best use of Sixaxis ever.
    Everybody with a PS3 should get this game.

But please, don't expect a lifechanging experience. The narrative, well what little it is of it, is pretty derivative. OH GNOES POLLUTION IS BAD!
    Anybody else notice that the city turned into Mirror's Edge at the end?

Again, I loved the game, but as I stated earlier in this thread. Overhyping it was a huge disservice to it.
    I'll put it on par with Auditorium and hope these two games are a sign of things to come in 2009.
    It didn't leave me "speechless" like Braid did last year, but it was close.

Thumbs up, five stars, get it bitches ;)

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By samcotts

This game is stunningly brilliant. One of the best games I've played this gen. The last level was fantastic.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By get2sammyb
    TeflonBilly said:
    "But please, don't expect a lifechanging experience. The narrative, well what little it is of it, is pretty derivative. OH GNOES POLLUTION IS BAD!
    Anybody else notice that the city turned into Mirror's Edge at the end?"
    I don't think it was saying that entirely though. I kinda got the impression they were saying (MILD SPOILERS) - "you can still live the life you're used to, you just need to be careful". I didn't think it was nagging in any way.

Glad you enjoyed the game though Teffy.

And yes... I did notice it turned into Mirror's Edge.

Did anyone try the credits? I only "found" (no, they're not hidden, I'm just a dumbass) them last night.
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By super_machine

This game is great. The only downside is, after you spend some time in Flower  it makes going back to the real world more depressing than usual.

eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By eric_buck

Seriously? Gotta check this out when I get PSN!

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56  Edited By CountRockula
    get2sammyb said:
    "TeflonBilly said:
    "But please, don't expect a lifechanging experience. The narrative, well what little it is of it, is pretty derivative. OH GNOES POLLUTION IS BAD!
    Anybody else notice that the city turned into Mirror's Edge at the end?"
    I don't think it was saying that entirely though. I kinda got the impression they were saying (MILD SPOILERS) - "you can still live the life you're used to, you just need to be careful". I didn't think it was nagging in any way.
    Honestly, depending on the angle you approach it from, it doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the environment at all.  Considering each level is a kind of daydreamy departure from your own seemingly small, dingy apartment, the path the narrative takes you on could be considered a representation of depression, where the two elements really only serve as metaphors.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By Red

I beat the game, but the second-last flower is still dead. Anyway I can make it bloom?

I got really pissed at the second-last level. I was totally "WHAT THE CRAP?" when It actually started to shock me. "This isn't stress relief! How could you mess that up?" but the last level totally brought it back. Great game. Still kinda surprised how short it was...and how much the second-last level blew.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#58  Edited By KamasamaK
    Red said:
    "I beat the game, but the second-last flower is still dead. Anyway I can make it bloom?

I got really pissed at the second-last level. I was totally "WHAT THE CRAP?" when It actually started to shock me. "This isn't stress relief! How could you mess that up?" but the last level totally brought it back. Great game. Still kinda surprised how short it was...and how much the second-last level blew."
    To make the flowers fully bloom, you need to find the three secret flower trios in each stage -- they're green and you'll hear a special sound when collecting them. The second to last looks pretty droopy even when fully bloomed, though. You can tell which ones you've gotten by the large seeds in the pot, which fall from above after you've collected them and completed the stage. By the way, getting shocked doesn't do anything except prevent you from getting the trophy.
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By Red
    Kamasama said:
    "Red said:
    "I beat the game, but the second-last flower is still dead. Anyway I can make it bloom?

I got really pissed at the second-last level. I was totally "WHAT THE CRAP?" when It actually started to shock me. "This isn't stress relief! How could you mess that up?" but the last level totally brought it back. Great game. Still kinda surprised how short it was...and how much the second-last level blew."
    To make the flowers fully bloom, you need to find the three secret flower trios in each stage -- they're green and you'll hear a special sound when collecting them. The second to last looks pretty droopy even when fully bloomed, though. You can tell which ones you've gotten by the large seeds in the pot, which fall from above after you've collected them and completed the stage. By the way, getting shocked doesn't do anything except prevent you from getting the trophy.
    "
    Oh, ok. I didn't really think the secret flowers did anything.
    I just really hated the camera in that level. I'd always accidently get shocked which has the worst feeling. A horrible sound, controller shake, all your flowers burninate. It just makes me Hulk-mad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red said:
    "I got really pissed at the second-last level. I was totally "WHAT THE CRAP?" when It actually started to shock me. "This isn't stress relief! How could you mess that up?" but the last level totally brought it back. Great game. Still kinda surprised how short it was...and how much the second-last level blew."
    Haw haw, yeah that was pretty jarring. I was hungover as fuck and that literally made my heart skip a beat when I'd gotten that game to help me relax.
    *BZZZZZZZZZZZT*
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Flower is really poetic , simply the best game on PS3 so far

Mattzz10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By Mattzz10

This game is just really relaxing, a great game to play when stressful, and probably one of the best impressions left on me from a game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Get2Sammyb, if Flower moved you like that, you HAVE to play Braid.
    I read on a place on the internet that it comes out on PC soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.