Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

For Honor

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 14, 2017

A third-person melee-focused arena versus multiplayer game featuring warriors from different periods of time. Initially featuring European Knights, Samurai, and Vikings but subsequentially expended with other warriors from different times and cultures.

January 26-29 Beta Sign Up Live

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

#1  Edited By liquiddragon

I saw some interest in this game so just a heads up. Ubisoft is taking names for For Honor beta for PC, PS4, and XBO. I do believe you need an Uplay account to register.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I wonder if I need to re-sign up for it to be considered. I got a code from a fellow duder last time there was a beta.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@matatat: i believe they said your name is still on the list but no one is guaranteed a spot regardless if they were in before.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of against the game's philosophy but just imagine if an FGC took off for this game.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig: i could see this happening actually.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I signed up for this one and just got my code so check your emails.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got invited back no need to even redownload anything yet, check your email if yoh were in any other alphas/betas.

ianmarkx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ianmarkx

i was in the last 2, no invite yet :(

EDIT: i am able to preload it in Uplay, so maybe i don't need an email?

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I didn't go out of my way to sign up and I got one in my email yesterday. I guess it was because I got into the last one.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OurSin_360

@sammo21: @ianmarkx: I couldn't preload so i guess its the same download and i went to the sign up page and it wont let you sign up if you were in the last test. If you try it says you are already registered.

SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Odd, I was in the alpha, but don't seem to be in the beta. Anyone have a similar situation going on?

kimmendah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kimmendah

Got a PS4 key sent to me yesterday that I don't need since the game didn't grab me. I don't know if the key is personal, but I'll give it away for someone to try. Pretty sure it's only for EU accounts as well.

34Q2-BKNR-EC23

Dafatmofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey anyone willing to trade a code of the xbox version for a pc code? My pc is down for the weekend.

silversaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By silversaint

Anyone who got in able to add me as on of their extra PC codes? Uplay Jeric777

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For anyone that did get into the Beta on PS4, how is it? Does it run well? I've been looking forward to this game for a while, but I'll be building a new pc about a month and a half later, so I'm not sure which version to go for. I generally buy multiplayer games on PS4 because the playerbase sticks around longer, but I'm not sure if this will be any different.

Seauton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Seauton

Kinda bummed....I didn't get into either the Alpha or Beta on PS4. As voiced above share how it is!?

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By mrcraggle

Anyone that wants in on the beta, just pm me with your uplay name and I'll add you and send you an invite. (PC Only)

Dokaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in the beta on PC. Few points:

• Performance is excellent. My system is very good but it has the signs of being a good PC port with proper frame-pacing, decent options etc.
    • The "class" variety at first seems a bit lacking, but once you actually use a character for a bit and then switch to something else, you realize just how different they play. I dominated 3-4 games in a row and switched to the 2 hand wielding viking, and got crushed. They all have very different strengths, a bit like a fighting game in that way.
    • Once you lock in with another player, it oddly feels a bit like the old THQ UFC Undisputed games. It's all about distance, angles and countering, and it feels great. Dodging a viking brute as a duel wielding "rogue" really feels rewarding as they're left exposed. Similarly, if you play correctly, playing a sword and board character against a katana wielding samurai feels exactly how it should; easily blockable attacks, but if you get overconfident, you die.
    • Map variety is a bit disappointing, but I'm not sure if the beta has all the maps.
    • Most of all, the game feels incredibly unique. There's nothing on the market I could possibly compare it to directly (hence the weird UFC comparison). It's definitely not Dynasty Warriors. It's feels like a "medieval combat simulator" in the same way modern sports games simulate sports. It's not trying to be as realistic without compromise. The realism is scaled back for it to be an approachable, easy to pick up but hard to master game.

Overall I thoroughly enjoy the beta (played 4 hours) and haven't even played it with friends yet. My only worry is the lack of map variety and the combat against the "minions" being a bit bland.

hushislushie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If any fellow duders have an extra code for pc, xbox, or ps4 I would greatly appreciate it, use can message me or gb or my uplay is hushislushie. Love you duders regardless!

Avatar image for purplepartyrobot
    PurplePartyRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got in through an invite from a friend on Xbox One. Some thoughts:

• Game runs at or slightly less than 30 FPS. In the 4v4 game mode it turned into a slideshow in a handful of cases. It's a beta, so I hope it gets ironed out at or around launch.
    • The 4v4 mode is pretty fun. The creeps are there largely as a mechanic for the middle point: in order to capture it, you have to push your creep wave towards the enemy side of the point. The other two points are for healing and backcapping.
    • There are nuances to every hero that make them unique. For example, the knight shield class has an infinite (stamina permitting) with lights and focuses on using the heavy charge up, but can't feint like most other heroes can. To contrast, the viking two-handed is all about stunning your enemy and relocating them using throws, being able to literally carry them to a wall for a stun or throw them off a ledge. Thankfully, almost all of the subtle nuances are detailed in "how to" videos for each hero, along with their movesets.
    • I don't know if it was explained anywhere, but if you guard break at or quickly after the enemy does theirs, you'll prevent it from happening like a throw tech in fighting games.
    • Duels are pretty fun. It uses small sections from larger maps and rotates through three sections. Includes environmental hazards like ledges and fire to put enemies into.
    Dokaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Game runs at or slightly less than 30 FPS. In the 4v4 game mode it turned into a slideshow in a handful of cases. It's a beta, so I hope it gets ironed out at or around launch.

That's such a shame. I've been playing on PC at 100+ FPS, and one of the things I really enjoy is the ability to react to your opponents, which I feel is vital to the game as some characters are entirely based around dodging and countering. Really feel like they should have aimed for 60 on consoles, it's basically a fighting game.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Welp, I don't know if you guys are experiencing this but I can't seem to start the game on PC. Says it can't be activated and Ubi doesn't seem to have addressed the issue. It's been more than a day now.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower said:

Welp, I don't know if you guys are experiencing this but I can't seem to start the game on PC. Says it can't be activated and Ubi doesn't seem to have addressed the issue. It's been more than a day now.

I can start the game. It'll run the executable for a few seconds, then close it. I've re-installed a handful of times and verified the game files. No avail. Well, I don't need more things to potentially spend money on right no so all the better for it, I guess.

Brackstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dokaka said:
    @purplepartyrobot said:

That's such a shame. I've been playing on PC at 100+ FPS, and one of the things I really enjoy is the ability to react to your opponents, which I feel is vital to the game as some characters are entirely based around dodging and countering. Really feel like they should have aimed for 60 on consoles, it's basically a fighting game.

It's that and the lack of dedicated servers that are making me have doubts about the game. It looks like the sort of thing that thrives on responsive gameplay, but is being held back.

gaftra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played in the alpha and hopped on for a hot second last night and performance seemed fine to me. The classes that were in before seem pretty much the same and they've included a couple different ones this time.

I actually really like the combat feel in this game, it's deliberate but not too sluggish. It's very much an animation priority game so if that's not your bag you'll definitely hate it.

I actually think the dominion mode feels kinda small. They're very dense but it feels like something should transition about halfway through but it winds up feeling kinda static take and hold. If it were a bit more about pushing your wave of troops across the map instead of jumping between hot spots it might feel better to me.

The levels are pretty fun with the amount of environmental interactions you can have. The number of pits or traps make a bunch of encounters feel pretty cool even against the same opponents.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brackstone: Yeah the fact that its P2P and not dedicated servers seems like an incredibly bad decision especially since now it also has problems with NAT being strict or closed. I was having THAT problem before the one I stated (the game not being "activated" all of a sudden and won't start) so I wasn't finding matches. If this is the state of the game so close to launch plus the fact that its P2P and there's no roll back system in place or some way to compensate for lag if it ever happens, this is not going to last.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is no nda on this one? I haven't been able to play yet but hopefully get time tonight, but not sure if we can discuss stuff about it outside the official site?

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games a bummer, combat really isnt made for fighting multiple people at once. 1 on 1 are ok but get boring after a while despite winning all of them. Really its going to come down to the single player for me if its worth picking up because im pretty much done with the multiplayer.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not 100% sure on this one.. I like the premise but a lot of the combat seems too momentum based.. you make one mistake and they kill you instantly. Some of that I'm sure is down to me being new/bad at the game but It almost feels like an FPS where the person who gets the first shot in wins 90% of the time. I also think they need to make the block icon (the one that shows the direction the enemy is swinging from) way more pronounced. In the heat of combat I feel like I don't see that thing nearly as much as I should. I dunno, The game has potential for sure but I'm just not sold on it yet.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ivdamke

@oursin_360: No NDA.

I don't like it. It feels incredibly sluggish and the P2P networking is a nightmare for Australia. I really dislike how you can't direction change during an attack to buffer the direction for your next attack in your chain. It makes the input feel unresponsive and just not fun to engage with. A lot of the other mechanics seem clumsy too, parries aren't as powerful as i'd like for certain classes, bleed effects in duels are pretty ridiculous and certain special attacks seem worthless unless there's a wall nearby for a stun.

I'm sure if I spent more time with it the mechanics would click with me but I just don't enjoy the general feel of the combat at all to want to engage with it much longer. I really wanted to like this game, but this beta saved me money.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OurSin_360

Still haven't played but the revenge move is still in the game right? Honestly that almost puts you at an advantage when ganged up on. If you aren't running in a pack obviously you are going to get ganged up on, you cant run around solo. And if multiple people is an issue play duels, really brings out the games fighting game mechanics its like new age bushido blade almost. (If that mode is in the beta)

I am holding out hope the servers/online will be fixed, look up the ubisoft ping fix if you are stuck on moderate.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I'm with @oursin_360 about Revenge, unless they took it out. It lets you survive 2 on 1 type moments.

I also think the game had combat that lasted more than at least two hits (unless you previously had damage). Classes all make a big difference too. Some attack a lot faster and reach also helps a lot. I personally gravitated toward the Viking with two handed axe because he could change up his swings in a chain and had the reach to land. He could take guys down in a hit or two. I also think they game relies a lot on teamwork which can go either way in multiplayer. But try using that Revenge mechanic if it's still in. Some of the abilities you unlock for your character also make a big difference.

Again, sorry if any of this changed. I just played a bit of this game before.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: It's still the same for the most part, they took a whole class out for some reason but the mechanics are pretty much the same. The control for switching targets is different, but i still find myself being directed to the wrong target when getting ganged up on (with controller). I'm with the Orochi, no real OP special moves but they have good speed and counter ability.

Matchmaking is much better now, doesn't take long to get into a match and i haven't disconnected at all. I do have my Nat set to Open though, so if you are on moderate or strict you may not have the same luck. Seems to be something that ubisoft as a whole has trouble with for some reason. Game still feels good but the whole dlc for classes thing has soured me on this game a lot, I would rather pay for dedicated servers.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This game is awful.

JamMasterMango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have two more invites for PC if anyone else wants to try it out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mystupidmouth: I'll gladly take an invite if you have left. I tried signing up for the beta but never got one.

JamMasterMango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By flasaltine
    JamMasterMango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By JamMasterMango
    ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@oursin_360: I think its especially a bad idea in a multiplayer game that is a risk like this to have DLC classes and maps and anything like that.

I have enjoyed the game some but I'm not sure full price enough. The single player could increase my chances. Personally I like melee games but I generally prefer ones like Mount and Blade in singleplayer.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By OurSin_360

I like this game, but i just can't seem to play it longer than a few matches and then quit. Could really use some more game modes, have they said if there will be more at release? I know their is the mode that was in the alpha but that's still basically 2 modes and then 1 on 1/2 on 2.

@artisanbreads

It's a terrible idea especially when they all play so different, like if Orochi wasn't in this beta I really don't have another class i like as much

JamMasterMango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JamMasterMango
    GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carryboy: Your feats also come into play in the dominion mode plus you have to play differently in that mode compared to brawl/duel. Very different strategies and playstyles.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.