Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fortnite

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 25, 2017

Originally a co-operative looter shooter from the studios behind Unreal Tournament and Gears of War, Fortnite became one of the most successful PvP "battle royale" games and later became its own platform for several types of games.

I don't really get trading scams

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I've been playing fortnite save the world and I do enjoy it. I laugh though has I watch the chat window just scroll through trade? trade? he's a scammer, scammer trade....

Has I progress up in level I get better weapon schematics, which allows me to build better weapons. I can level up each schematic to make better weapons. There are a thousand different resources and some are rarer than others and some are the key to building weapons. Where I get confused is, can you trade weapon schematics? I don't think so. Lots of people don't seem to understand level progression in the game either. If level 100 guy drops me his 5 star gun, and I pick it up it doesn't have the same stats. It depends on what level you are on skill tree, if you look at first node in each skill tree they explain this. So there are basically 4 skill levels. Weapons also all have durability, so the more you use it the closer it gets to breaking. I don't think there is anyway to tell durability until you pick it up. I'm sure there are people trying to trade nearly broken guns has new.

Has someone who works together and tries to help others, I have had people above me drop guns for me to use. I've also had people offer to make guns for me in exchange for material needed to build them. In the end I haven't seen any real need for this. If you're smart you level up only 2-3 guns and one melee weapon you like to use.

So what are people trying to trade? are people dumb enough to drop all their good material on ground and trust strangers on the internet? I know, its little kids, they don't know any better. I watching chat now and "can someone help me I just scammed" people are idiots.

It would be nice if they had some sort of trading place or better yet just offered to sell every resource so people could get what they wanted that way. Atleast add something so people aren't dropping stuff on ground.

Having fun, not interested in trading with anyone.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DanishingAct

People trade all ready crafted high level weapons to try them out since the game is so rng based in it's loot. Getting the guns you want with good perk rolls is nearly impossible without dropping huges amounts of cash. People selling accounts are scamming people, weapons trades are generally legit.

craigieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@bofooq said:

Are people dumb enough to drop all their good material on ground and trust strangers on the internet?

As someone who was into Runescape back in the day, yes some people are dumb/gullible enough to do that.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently fornite STW is so broken I can't play. There is non stop lag and its hard to even tell where I going the camera jerks so much. So I've taken this time instead to complain about fortnite. I think the lag problem is coming from the chat which is broken, where global chat runs nonstop even through mission and you can't turn it off. Why people spend so much time trying to trade and scam confuses me. I watched videos of people scamming or claiming to scam scammers and they're all pointless. These kids all have 106 and 130 epic guns, but they're level 20 or below which means their guns do like 2,000 damage. They spend so much time trying to get someone into their game than go through another song and dance to get people to drop their guns. If they spent the same time actually playing game than they might learn that being higher level is better than fighting for guns. Also these people don't have schematics for these guns so once they actually use them, which they probably wont, they can't remake them. The game is actually good at giving you everything you need to play. People make the mistake of over leveling their guns or trying to use epic 130s to get through stonewood. If you keep your schematics to 3 star you only need malchite to craft them which is readily available through canny. Basically you should be using one star weapons in stonewood, 2 star in plankton and so, which means you really don't need 4 star weapons till twin peaks. Of course its helpful to have a few but mostly its unnecessary.

Working together with team is also important. I've enjoyed playing STW and never once tried to trade, I'm now level 60. The mission levels do get very repetitive through canny valley. I have enjoyed building up schematics and slowing filing in full collection book. The daily quests are some of the most fun. I like the simple go smash tvs, clocks or whatever random item; it gives a little something extra to the map exploring. I keep thinking I'm going to stop playing and move on to something else, but than I have 20-30 minutes and think I'll play some fornite and than play for 2 hours. My biggest goal now is to reach twin peaks and fill in fourth skill tree.

In the end I laugh at how people play this game. The other day there was a group who were so determined to run level with glitch. In repair the shelter mission you have to stop after collecting 7 of 8 drones thingies. Than you don't fight enemies, than collect last thingie and mission glitches to end, or something like that. They keep saying something like its much faster, but it really wasn't, cause if you do it right you collect all 8 fast enough to only fend off one wave of attackers. So they maybe saved 2 minutes and didn't actually fight. Wow such fun. I get there are tons of people playing this game and their are always some who look for exploits, but finding people who just like playing game seems hard.

Well just ranting while unable to actually play game. Have good weekend all.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just don't get trading at all i just craft weapons for my friends that ask me for the halloween themed ones a lot for some reason and now that you can choose whatever perk you want for your guns i think trading is dumb so i just keep doing my main quests events and dailys with out ever feeling the need to trade

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.