Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fortnite

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 25, 2017

Originally a co-operative looter shooter from the studios behind Unreal Tournament and Gears of War, Fortnite became one of the most successful PvP "battle royale" games and later became its own platform for several types of games.

Is Fortnite free?

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BoFooQ

There are multiple listings on psn for fortnite. One of them is just called fortnite and is free. In the description it says you need the founders pack to play game. The founders pack is something else that cost $60. The first thing listed on description is "game access." I would definitely give the game a try if it were free, but I'm glad I didn't download it than realize I was screwed. Will it be free in the future?

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's going to be free sometime next year.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

thanks, so I'll wait

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty shitty how they word it on psn. I downloaded it, and the game started up, but was quickly hit with a "PAY US, YOU SLIME" pop-up immediately.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@corwag said:

It's pretty shitty how they word it on psn. I downloaded it, and the game started up, but was quickly hit with a "PAY US, YOU SLIME" pop-up immediately.

that's insane that it is set up like that. wow.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By lego_my_eggo
    @artisanbreads said:
    @corwag said:

that's insane that it is set up like that. wow.

I wonder if it is some odd limitation of PSN, where this is the easiest option for Sony so they don't have back end problems with there store later when it becomes free. Because i know there are things like pre-order bonuses and such that will tell me "hey you cant buy/download this because you didn't buy this first", why don't they temporarily add that to the main Fortnight game for the time being?

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's super weird. When it was being promoted on psn, it had early access stuff all over it. I think dungeon defenders 2 had a similar issue, where you could download it, but not run it without their early adopter pass.

BoccKob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't decide what annoys me more, that companies are starting to charge money to beta test their free to play games or that people seem to be getting into it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.