Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fortnite

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 25, 2017

Originally a co-operative looter shooter from the studios behind Unreal Tournament and Gears of War, Fortnite became one of the most successful PvP "battle royale" games and later became its own platform for several types of games.

Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet Coming to Fortnite in Limited-Time Event Starting May 8th

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

In case, you needed any other indication that it's probably safe to call Fortnite a big freaking deal: it was announced today that there's going to be a crossover with Marvel's Infinity War. However, it won't be just a simple skin to slap onto your character.

Apparently, there's going to be a limited-time event that's identical to the standard Battle Royale mode except this new mode will randomly spawn an Infinity Gauntlet somewhere on the map. Players who find the Guantlet will not only turn into Thanos, but apparently get access to some new abilities. What the hell those abilities are won't be known until tomorrow though.

I don't even play Fortnite, but I liked Infinity War and this seems like it'll be some great dumb fun.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Pffffffffffffffft.

Real talk that seems like a big deal, yeah. Sounds like it could be fun tbh, especially if it gets other players to team up against them. Actually come to think of it, this all sounds like that demon sword stuff from Lineage 2. Random cursed sword drop that turns your character into a PvP-focused demon knight and sends a server-wide message that you got the one sword in that world.

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
    dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is the kind of ridiculousness I can get behind.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

This sounds awesome. I'm not a fan of standard battle royale but I love when new modes like 50v50 are made possible with 100 players. Hopefully they do more stuff like this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.