Not too sure about this one

DarkbeatDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By DarkbeatDK

100ft Robot Golf has style and humor, but I'm not too sure about the game part. The Unfinished EX they played earlier this year looked very Unity and unfortunately it doesn't look much better in the final product, which is unfortunate, because everything other than the actual game is so rad. Neo Turf Masters is still best golf game of all time, I guess.

I hope the crew takes a look at the game during the launch day PSVR stream or at some other point.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By GabrielCantor

Yeah, I've debated pre-ordering because I'm stylistically WAY, WAY into this game but have 2 main concerns that I kind of have with every comedy game:

1) Is it actually fun to play (for more than a couple of minutes)

and

2) Is it actually funny for the duration? Or is it just a funny concept?

So, definitely gonna wait for a QL on this. Still, there's a part of me that wishes someone used this aesthetic on an non-licensed real-ass Mecha game.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

Yeah, I agree that a lot of the style and humor make it look pretty appealing, but I just don't know if the gameplay is going to be there - it definitely didn't seem to be there in the Unfinished video a while back but that may not be representative of the final product. Teasdale specifically said during that video that he doesn't like or know anything about golf or golf games, so I think that might be part of my disconnect with this game because I actually do like both of those things.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

The evangelion parody and McElroy commentary are on-point. The golf game? Maybe not as much.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Yeah I'm not so sure about playing it either, but I love the character designs and I don't really like regular golf games. I hope it works for me. By the way, not sure if you know this already but they got the idea for this game on a Let's Play of Neo Turf Masters, so I guess there's some heritage there???

Orbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've played a little bit (it's out in PAL regions) and the gameplay isn't amazingly robust or deep but works as a vehicle for the gags and is fun enough to mess around with other players.

I've only played a few missions into the campaign and it has that signature No Goblin low budget, janky charm. It definitely looks better than the Unfinished video but also still looks pretty cheap, but whatever. There's no real music during gameplay, which makes it sound a little barren in spots?

I am enjoying it a whole lot but depending on how much content it is I might say $20 is a bit too much?

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LeStephan

lol love how recognizable Dan's voice still is in that cutscene.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a923fc7099e3
deactivated-5a923fc7099e3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah not feeling this one at all.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The more I see of this, the more I think it's going to get old very quick and not age well at all.

It seems like it's just a series of in jokes and references to current video games media people's interests and in five years time it's comedy material will look very, very dated.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: That totally seems to be the case, still gonna buy it next week though.

Roundabout was actually a pretty good game besides all the jokey stuff, it is a little too bad that this doesnt seem as on point in gameplay department.

Atwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Atwa

Sadly this game looks very mediocre.

To me the golf physics are extremely important in any golf game, even arcade ones. Look at games like Hot Shots Golf and Mario Golf, they have really good, satisfying, easy to learn hard to master golf physics. This game just looks kinda all over the place and tries to trade more in being funny than an actual good game.

Also the voice acting is just bad, its not funny its just bad.

clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wish the gameplay in this game didn't look so bland and generic, as everything else seems right up my alley...

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a funny, charming foot race featuring golf and giant robots. I'm enjoying it a great deal.

@jesus_phish: I think that's..okay? Nothing wrong with something just being fun in the moment.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: It's fine, but it's not for me. It's cool that all the people that this game was made for will probably enjoy it, but unless there's a hidden act 2 to all this, then I don't think I'll get anything out of this and since it looks like it'll date badly I'm unlikely to come back to it anytime.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uh, looks like it would be a good 5 min sketch on some adult swim show but it's kinda hard to watch that playthrough.

loudloudnoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just played this for about twenty minutes and I think I'm done. The gameplay itself is not very fun and seems mostly tedious. I wish the campaign cutscenes were more amusing than they are. The voice acting was bad but not in the way the developers must've intended. I'll give it another shot with the VR headset but man... what a bummer.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing them play a bit of it in the PSVR stream I'm all the way out on this one. Ignoring the VR mode just seeming a bit bad, the gameplay looks weak and unfinished and the audio is yet another shining example of why you don't get your mates to record VO for your game in their own homes and dropbox it over to you. The quality of the sound and delivery ranges from pretty terrible to slightly ok.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#18  Edited By Humanity

It seems like one of those fun ideas you jokingly discuss over a few drinks with friends that was then stubbornly brought to reality despite better judgement.

I can see a simplified version of this being made over a game-jam and being a lot more successful at capturing the essence of what this is trying to do through sheer simplicity. Much like that other explosive golf game made by the Burnout guys, the idea is fun but the execution isn't there. I will also argue that no matter how you dress it up, golf is inherently not that exciting of a sport.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best part of this seems to be the anime characters in the cutscenes, the worst part seems to be everything else.