Backlog 365: Day 25 - A Boy and His Blob (2009)

phishyphishy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By phishyphishy
No Caption Provided

For Backlog 365 I plan on playing one game on my backlog everyday this year and write about it. For each game I will decide if I want to put it on my "Shelved" list (games that I plan to come back to and play in depth) or put it on the "Retired" list (games that I will delete or sell and move on with my life).

• January 25
  • Xbox One
  • Time Played: 37 minutes

Ok, I cheated. The game that was randomly generated, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, I already played. (And loved) So, instead of rolling again, I said "maybe I should just get a new game." I've really wanted to play A Boy and his Blob since I saw that it was released for next gen consoles. I loved the original, I think mostly because my friends had no idea how to play it and I did. It made me feel really smart. So, I used this moment to break my freeze on new games.

I just don't know. A Boy and His Blob does not have the same feel as the original. It's has stages instead of the single world of the original (at least so far as I've seen). It seems like it might be fun in its own right, but I don't know. I'm actually going to put A Boy and His Blob on my Playing list, because I need to play a couple of hours until I figure out what to make of this game.

Judgment: Playing

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished it. It gets increasingly tedious as time goes on, but I ploughed through it because I wanted it out of the way for The Witness.

However, the payoff with the final jellybean is incredible (not a sentence I'd ever thought I'd write...).

phishyphishy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started playing The Witness because I need to play it before people start to spoil it.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Glad to see it didn't die in the Wii wasteland. Maybe it's a stretch, but Sega released Valkyria Chronicles on the PC months before announcing its sequel. Something tells me B&B's return wasn't accidental, that they still have a future.