Alec Holowka passes away (Sensitive Content)

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By shiftygism

Probably should go ahead and lock this.

tomservo50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Christ. Alec left so much harm and trauma in his wake. My thoughts with his victims, his family and his former co-workers.

And I hope this doesn’t put a chill on other victims going public. This industry (heck, our whole society) needs to reckon with the prevalence of abusive figures operating within, and publicly naming abusers seems to be the only thing that gets action to be taken.

Also, whisper networks are not enough to protect victims from abusers. Almost ever individual named over the last week have had their names long a part of the whisper network, but as the number of abuse stories have become public it’s clear they had no problem finding new victims. Publicly naming abusers is for now the only way to seemingly prevent further abuse (for the “go to the cops” crowd, I suggest watching less Law and Order and reading more about the real legal system. A good start is Robyn Doolittle’s Unfounded investigation series on the Canadian justice systems handling of sexual assault cases).

north6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By north6

Be respectful, do not be callous, someone lost their son. I'm certain of only one thing, that you probably don't know what happened, so why you're willing to condemn someone to death is profoundly disturbing.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#59 chaser324  Moderator

Please do not engage with obvious troll accounts that registered just to spew vile shit.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

Terrible situation man this is something else...

Also, I deleted my facebook a few years ago and my life certainly did improve after doing that. If social media is giving you strife you can turn it off.