#1 Posted by ravensword (4294 posts) -

So, I just got done watching the amiibo festival festival video here (I know, I'm way late) and since I have a working GameCube I thought about maybe tracking down a copy of the original Animal Crossing and see how I like it.

But I'm wondering... what the hell is even this game? From what I've read and know there really isn't a end goal, is there? Is it just like a life simulator or something? Is there a end goal?

#2 Posted by Based (181 posts) -

I mean not really, there are some things that could take a while to do like catch all the fish, collects sets of furniture, or pay off and upgrade your house.

#3 Posted by SkullPanda1 (1624 posts) -

There really isn't an end goal, but it was easily one of my favorite GC games.

The main (if only) advantage that the GC game has is that it does have a few NES games inside waiting for you to find/earn. That said, it's really hard to recommend the GC game if you have access to the 3DS version of the game.

#4 Posted by ravensword (4294 posts) -
#5 Posted by MATATAT (1225 posts) -

I think they're just more of the same. They probably let you do more stuff. I've only played 3DS versions. There are some interesting changes even between 3DS games but I'd still say play whatever is easiest. They're fundamentally the same with some changes around the edges.

#6 Posted by takayamasama (1547 posts) -

The Gamecube one is 100% the best Animal Crossing. Wild World and New Leaf were also good, City Folk was kinda not great, and while they all improved on some thing as games do when the iterate, The Gamecube one has the best charm and the best neighbors and the best feel and NES GAMES IN YOUR HOUSE YOU CAN PLAY FULLY.

#7 Posted by SkullPanda1 (1624 posts) -

@ravensword: overall yes. The lack of NES games is a bit of a bummer but the portability of the 3DS version makes it superior.