Dragon Ball Teaze

dwerkmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hearing Dragon Ball references on a lot of content lately is making me want to listen to All Systems Goku again. Are we going to get a followup? If so, would you want another Dragon Ball podcast or a watch of another series?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I mean I do want to hear Jeff and Dan's thoughts on Yu Yu Hakusho. Specifically, the Dark Tournament arc.

But I wouldn't bet on them doing another full-length anime podcast. During All Systems Goku, they frequently mentioned having to cram five episodes into a Sunday evening or early morning or something, that combined with all of the unwanted recommendations like the statement I opened this post with probably doesn't help chances.

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@justin258: Yeah, all those recommendations just seem kind of pushy and needless. We all know they should be watching Kinnikuman aka Ultimate Muscle aka M.U.S.C.L.E.

But on a more serious note, I'd like to just hear them discuss anime stuff in a more wider capacity than any of them just mentioning that they're watching an anime. Even Alex is binging on animes now, so some discussion would be cool. Heck, just more discussion on non-gaming stuff that is not the Hotspot.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 17

I think they'd get a big kick out of Dragon Ball Super. You get more of everything they love, but more of the weird/short-term adventure stuff from Dragonball that they only got a taste of in Z.

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I think people just get excited to hear nonfans watch a thing and see or hear how they experienced it. It's especially fun if it's like jeff and dan where the luster isn't gone and they react to the tropes everyone who grew up with it as a kid is used to. So I don't mind the overwhelming suggestions with the knowledge that people are just excited. Not sure where this idea that anime or tv shows strictly cant be recommended in bulk as if the reader has to watch whatever you write out. I see this reaction for every new viewer on a podcast who says A. I watched so and so the first time it was cool. B. fans scream watch so and so if you liked so and so... it's even better. C. Outside fans with no drum in the matter...WTF stop just cancel this thing you fans are toxic suggestions everywhere. D. Podcaster decides to make fun of the fact they got so many suggestions and cancels any attempt to view more of said stuff. Rinse repeat.

Overall, people like All systems goku for the same reason reaction channels are such money makers on youtube. They have a fast turnaround with new content each day...you literally are learning and exploring stuff you wouldn't otherwise and get paid for it. Finally, people get to relive their first viewing experience since none of us can eternal sunshine our brains to rewatch Dragonball like the 12-year-old we once were and grumpy 30 -40-year-olds don't have the same glimmer of hope and awe in two people punching each other through mountains. Jeff and Dan provide the middle ground of knowing it's all silly, and knowing it's a cultural point in history that brought cartoons of that nature mainstream.

If time is a big factor they can watch 2 episodes a week, 40 minutes fit into even the busiest schedules. Eh, maybe not but who knows hell just put any slower sections in fast forward. I'm sure they wouldn't need to do so many episodes a week if they watched more modern stuff with better pacing. DBZ had to slow down for the artist comix.

Id' love for them to tackle more stuff, diving into the super well-liked territory to pick it apart from a nonfan perspective.

PS: If you're looking for Dan's take on My hero, he loves it and saw up to the recent stuff on his podcast. Panning something. can't remember.

burritocreases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff on any classic anime would be dope. But of course Dragon ball would be funny to hear him on, but also would be great to hear him talk about something like Gintama or Bobobo

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do GT you cowards! In all seriousness, All Systems Goku was a ton of fun. It was some of the most fun I had watching anime in a long time. Hearing people who are really not all that into anime watch something like Dragonball and following that journey was such a blast. I'm not sure if they can capture that again, but it would be neat if they somehow could do it again.

jasonefmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Resurrecting this ever-important thread. I love video games but have really enjoyed some of the GB side-content like Armed and Rangerous and All Systems Goku. I am in the middle of a re-listen right now.

Based on their conversations within the podcast at the time, I think Jeff and Dan would benefit most from the balanced adventure of OG Dragon Ball. It has an outrageous story, quality animation, and it fills in worthwhile time periods they have speculated about. It is also of a similar length to Dragon Ball Z Kai so they know exactly the time commitment they would be getting in to.

I would really like to hear them go through Dragon Ball GT as well! It just doesn't benefit them or the audience as much because it's not as compelling as DB or DBZ. It's still outrageous in its storytelling. It has unforgettable moments, but there are a couple rough episodes peppered in and it is frustrating to watch so many good characters get passed over. I do really love the way GT uses Bulma at the end, the way it sends off Goku, and the TV Special.

I don't think Dan or Jeff would be as happy with Dragon Ball Super, they would enjoy it but it lacks a lot of the brutality and damage in the combat that they enjoyed so much about DBZ/K. It has the benefit of being a 'complete product' in that it comes with last time on… and next time on… segments which is fun.