Shenmue has an anime! And it made me realize...

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Landi was sitting in a hotel off the outskirts that entire first game...watching me run around asking people if they know anyone Chinese...LOL

Anyway, the first episode is out, and it seems they're adapting 1 and 2. It speeds through the game in a fashion i kinda wish the game did...like in 20 minutes we get the intro to a ton of characters, the same feel of the game's city, and a few fights. Made me think (even though I still like Shenmue as a series even if everyone wants it to be perfected and yakuza like etc. it has a charm) that another reboot could fix things without just being a carbon cheap man's open-world game. With pacing that made the two first games into about 8 hours. The show makes the best attempt for more realistic actions and a ryu that has more personality at least enough that people like to say hi to him in the city. What do you all think, those that watched of course?

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where can you watch it officially?

Ryo knew just about everyone in his neighborhood and had plenty of friends in the game, though. His English voice acting made him no favors. But in the game several people talk about how he has changed after his father's death, and you can even get a scene where his friends stage an intervention because he keeps getting into fights with sailors and gangsters :p

Topcyclist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Topcyclist

@theonewhoplays: Oh yeah forgot about that. Well, the show is on adult swim and I think Crunchyroll is doing some deal or something with them. The after-credits seem to show people from the second game so here's hoping they get to that craziness. Also, the pacing seems fast like episode 1 past the first few hours fast of disc 1. Can't wait to see him forklift etc lol. Funny I thought it would be so much worst, and it has every right to be...but if the company somehow did this type of writing for the games they would be more successful in Shenmue 3 cause that game showed the creator is losing touch with or not keeping up with today's decade and still in the 90s. XD. Again though I'm sure many will come and say the episode was trash or whatever, not enough philosophy and complex what is man questions but for a simple retelling, it gets the job done and doesn't look too cheap. Lan di is still cool. Hoping this show hits and we just forget the games and get the ending we've been waiting for... Edit apparently there are 13 episodes so I'm guessing it's a speed run 6 for part 1 cause by titles they will get the mirror episode 3 and that's like disc 2 material. Wow. oh well, if anything it shows the entire story could be told in like the time it takes to beat 1 game.