Anno 1800 General Discussion Thread

JDDrewes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've really been enjoying this game, let's talk about it!

Accidentally screwed over my last game by getting war declared on me by my ally. Apparently they really don't like it when you buyout their islands one right after the other lol

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I've moved into playing at or around the bottom of 3-star difficulty and it's stressful! I always underestimate how many warships I'll need in order to keep the AI from declaring war on me. That said, this is my 5th Anno rodeo (with 1503 and 2205 being the only ones I've skipped) and this is first time I've felt comfortable inching out of the 2-star comfort zone. I think I've finally figured out how to turn a small profit in those crucial opening hours? Sort of?

I think it's a great game, and strikes a good balance between rewarding upfront planning and allowing more "just-in-time" situational decision making and redevelopment. Off the top of my head I can think of only a few things that have marred the experience a bit. (1) Assorted bugs, mainly cases where the UI can't decide which kind of emergency building I have selected and then a few cases where quests won't complete. (2) The trade route UI is a bit cumbersome. Other parts of the UI clash with it when dealing with larger cargo ships and it can be hard to quickly ascertain the status of ships on a trade route. (3) Give me more info! I'd love to know total and per-island production and consumption rates. I know there are plans to bring back the Balliwick's Reeve Book functionality, but seems odd that this established feature skipped a generation at launch. (4) It seems impossible to buy stuff you don't make. Passive trade doesn't deal in high enough quantities and AI players change their listings too frequently to be reliable sources.

I feel no need to reinstall Anno 1404, which can't be said of my time with Anno 2070!

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ares42

Haven't been able to put too much time into it yet, but it was nice to see that they brought back freeplay and addressed the horrible loading issues of 2205. Unfortunately the scope of the New World was hugely disappointing. The new job system is an awesome addition to the series, but I do miss the modules from 2205. Probably harder to make it work for the setting and I guess it might've interfered with the job system.

Overall it's probably a net positive, but I'm almost more compelled to go back and play more 2205. That game had some really cool stuff going for it, it just needed better execution. This game feels more like it needs a DLC or two to feel complete even though what's there is very good.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved 2070 and haven't gotten around to 2205 yet, which is just as well because i'll be waiting for this one to come out on Steam first, so next year maybe.

aseinsha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No quicklook ? damn :( we need coverage!!!