Anthem NEXT officially cancelled by EA

• 54 results
Haz_Kaj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

EA and Bioware have been an absolutely disaster this generation. Absolute waste of space. Not blaming the hardworking dev teams. But everyone in thr higher up management in charge of decision making. They can all fuck off

Who the hell in their right mind thinks the new ME and DA will be good.

Alias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I guess I can finally download it from game pass and mess around with it over a weekend now that I know that this is it for Anthem

antime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Cancelling was obviously the right decision, but that doesn't mean it's not a disappointing one. Everyone loves a good comeback story, but it was never likely that Bioware would be willing to allocate the resources needed. One of the final nails in the coffin was probably the realization that they'd have to do a generational upgrade just to be able to keep iterating on it as they said they intended.

If the PS4/Xbone still had a good two or three years left (though with the current shortages, who can tell?) I can well imagine Bioware keeping a small team allocated to the game, but the art and tech upgrades required would require a more significant investment. And who knows, maybe there's just no-one left inside the company who still believe in Anthem and would want to keep carrying the torch?

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By Onemanarmyy

From Anthem NEXT to Anthem Axed.

I like RPG's with a decent budget, so let's hope Bioware is able to shine on that front from here on out. The last Bioware game i truly loved was 2010's Mass Effect 2. That's a long time ago, and many of these folk don't work there any longer i imagine.

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

I now regret the 6 dollar bargain bin Anthem purchase I made hoping it would be turned around.

I did try playing it - saw some cool stuff but man that game has some serious jank and I never found the flying to be as amazing as people were saying.

Oddly enough I enjoyed the strange 1st person story stuff the best for the few hours I played before the bugs and crashes pushed me away.