New map for Apex Legends revealed, launching with Season 3

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By nateandrews

Rather surprising announcement today. When Season 3 of Apex launches on October 1, it'll introduce a new map along with a new character. Looks like they're going for a new arena that has different extreme biomes, like lava and snow.

Anyone else looking forward to this? I've been on and off (mostly off) Apex for most of the year after an intense period of dedicated, frequent playing. This is the most exciting thing to happen in the game since launch for me. Interested to see how it turns out.

Edit: Gameplay reveal

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This looks insane and is obviously a huge deal. GOTY right here.

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm really excited for this! Both these trailer have me pretty hyped. I'm on PC - "sirdesmond" - always looking for more ppl to play with!

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was already very partial to it but looks like I'll be running the G7 Scout in season 3

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Looks like more Apex which is cool I guess. Their character and skin design continues to be quite awful.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frodobaggins: The G7 is a top tier weapon for me. Surprisingly versatile and plenty of ammo.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nateandrews: @humanity: their skins have been much better for season 2, I expect season 3 to continue the trend.

Yeah, always been a G7 fan but hardly anybody seems to use it??? It's SO good mid-close range. Headshots for days

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this trailer really makes me wish this game was more like borderlands.

They should really make a spin off with loot based co-op gameplay like that. I'm not really into competitive multiplayer games.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, this trailer really makes me wish this game was more like borderlands.

They should really make a spin off with loot based co-op gameplay like that. I'm not really into competitive multiplayer games.

Better yet they should funnel all this lootbox money into making Titanfall 3 with a cool campaign and fun multiplayer that has wallrunning and robots and tons of fun.

Or you know, they can keep making maps for Apex Legends, if people like ..that sort of stuff..

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: 🤣🤣🤣🤣 apex is better than either Titanfall game.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

I'm stoked. They really upped their skin game from season 1 to season 2, and if it hadn't been for a particularly busy handful of weeks at work in the middle of the summer I'd have easily made it to level 110 on the battle pass so I'd say they solved their progression issues as well. The game's been on a really, really strong roll since the launch of solos through today, and depending on how this new map and character feel it could lock up my personal game of the year.

If you'd have told me that at any point in my life I would ever get invested at all in a competitive first-person shooter, I'd never have believed you, so Apex is already a real accomplishment.

pewpewphil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So its been 2 days since it release and no one has anything to say about it? Guess I'll start.

The new map, World's Edge, is really a good change of pace and nicely made. Each area feels distinct with its own theming and play style. For example the thermal station has a nice lava theme with some hilly sections and zip lines to traverse the lava. Where as Capitol city has some icy theme , due to a cryo weapon going off. Here its more vertical with unfinished buildings.

I'm a big fan of the new weapon the charge rifle (yeah its just called that). Not only does it do tons of damage when connecting a shot, but also does small damage to the target when charging up. Its also not a legendary weapon so you can find it easily.

Finally the new character, Crypto, is great as a team mate. Never played him but having him on the squad is really neat as he gets a drone to recon the area. Defiantly planning on getting him, when I have enough in game currency.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got a win which is amazing since I’ve only ever won with randos like twice before and yah I dunno. As someone that doesn’t play a whole lot it felt alright. I was expecting it to be ALL snow for some reason but that’s on me for not following the marketing.

Did not ride the train.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I've gotten a few rounds in, but don't really have a good feel for the map yet. I also like the charge rifle a bunch, and I'm a fan of the double tap hop-up for both guns, especially as someone who prefers the EVA-8 to the Peacekeeper anyway.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven’t gotten a super good feel for it yet because my friend and I keep dying minutes after landing. Been having terrible luck recently. What I have seen has been pretty rad, though I don’t think I really like urban areas in these kinds of games.

Crypto seems extremely useful. I haven’t gotten my hands on the Charge Rifle yet but I’ve been obliterated by it once or twice already.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By Nodima

I'm curious how people have been responding to the map so far. Obviously it'll take getting used to, but so far I haven't been totally thrilled with it. The placement of the loot - and again, this'll likely get more familiar over time - feels way more haphazard, and I worry the part that won't get better about that is the verticality/office park like nature of the zones. Unlike King's Canyon where it felt like every zone had a very clear loot path from one end to the other, I feel like I'm just stumbling around in a lot of World's Edge's areas.

That said, I am getting a lot more knocks and kills at a way more consistent rate than I ever did in S1 or S2, and I'm not really sure why that is but I'm really enjoying the feel of all the weapons so far. As a devout G7 Scout fan from the earliest days (thanks to it being the first weapon I got a legendary skin for) I love the Double Tap hop-up. I'm also enjoying how the new map and people being confused by it has led to a different flow to matches so far. It's a surprise again when you run into another squad, and I've had several matches ended by the ring catching three or four squads in firefights which I felt like almost never happened on the OG map, except for when they initially sped it up for Ranked.

I have my complaints about the map, but I really enjoy all the changes they made on the gameplay side and I think Crypto is the first of the three DLC characters whose abilities speak to me and how I'd like to play the game.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nodima: I love everything about season 3. The map is fantastic, far more dense and complex than KC. The new hero is great. The weapon is great. The changes to ranked and amazing. Double Tap is God like.

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally got in a nice long session with a couple friends. I think this new map is now my favorite of the two. Plenty of interesting locations, and a lot of really good zip line placements that make getting around exciting. I love the environmental diversity as well.

There’s a discussion happening on the subreddit today about the loot pool and whether it should be modified to give more weapons early on. Speaking as someone who does not balance multiplayer games, conceptually this sounds like it would be a good move. I almost wonder if every supply crate should have a guaranteed weapon of *some* kind, so you can at least defend yourself. Dropping and dying immediately because your opponent found the one gun that’s available is just a waste of time, though maybe that’s keeping with the spirit of these games.