drood87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By drood87

Hey folks,

I started using the API 2 days ago and everything was perfectly fine. But now I booted my Laptop up, wanted to some work and since then I can't get a single request to work and it throws me 403 errors left and right.

I was reading about that we have to set user agents since 2017(why did it work for 2 days fine tho) and did that, but still getting the same errors and looking into the dev tools, the API thinks I'm doing malicious things. Yes I'm using a VPN for security reasons.

Is there anything else I can do or do I have just stop using the API? I'm literally desperate now after trying to get anything running for the majority of the day. It's really frustrating.

Cheers

drood87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone??

ibrahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ibrahx

@drood87: im getting the same erro. in c#, but works in postmant

drood87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah works fine in postman. I don't know if that forum is really active but none of the mods is giving any answer, even PM'd one. I figured a way now to use the IGDB API which works fine now.

drood87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there actually still any devs/mods working in that Forum? No answer to DM's, no answers in the forum? Is the project/API dead?

frobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6 frobie  Staff

@drood87 Are you making requests too fast? Requests should have at least a 1 second delay between. If you exceed the limit, you will get a 24 hr ban. I just tested your key and it works fine on my end.