API Game Release Dates in Endless Runner (err.. Jumper)

Questengine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Questengine

I made this game a year or so ago mostly to see if I could make a game for a mobile screen in the vertical orientation. I was pretty happy with it, but outside of posting it to my personal facebook, no one's ever heard about it. After giving it some thought, I figured a pretty neat way to work API data into it so I'd have a good excuse to share it here.

It's basically an endless runner/jumper with a little guy jumping up randomly shaped steps. You have a high jump and a short jump with right and left side taps respectively, and when you're in the air, you get a double jump or dive-kick style downward move, again with right and left side taps respectively. Get a high score, put in a name, the scoreboard thing probably still works...

So while you're endlessly jumping I'm putting game title's and release date's, in order, on the steps. This is a mostly pleasant distraction as you're constantly drawn away from the scrolling steps to see what came out in May of 2009 on the 360 (Hint: Bionic Commando, which was awesome!!).

So if you've ever sat about and wondered what came out around the time of Wind Waker in 2002 for the Gamecube, this game can walk you right through it.

You select a platform and a year, and then start jumping. If anything acts buggy, that's probably because its buggy! Refresh your browser and start again.

This is probably most interesting for grumpy old gamers like me, over the age of 30 or so. If you've only lived through the 360 and PS3 era you probably don't have blissful nostalgic memories of the releases of yesteryear. But when I jump through GCN for 1997 and see Star Fox 64 come up in July it takes me back to that summer in college when I drove 2 cities away just to get the collectors edition with the cd soundtrack.

Hope y'all will play "Jumping Bomb" and give me some feedback, thanks!

---

Also made a Taboo Style game with API data

And a Cards Against Humanity style game as well.