Correct way to access live streams

JesalRajdev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm currently implementing live streams and GB Infinite in my app, and am wondering what the correct way to use live streams is.

The chats endpoint returns a list of chats, with players, but outside of Twitch and YouTube, I don't know how to access the streams. The player type can return "Giant Bomb Low Latency" or "Giant Bomb Propeller" as well Twitch and YT, but the API documentation does not define the possible values, nor is it possible to know the stream URL.

I can figure them out by checking the JS player, but I don't know if additional auth is needed/the api_key should be sent.

Any help would be great

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By conmulligan

You can get the current livestream using the /api/video/current-live?api_key=<api_key> method. This will only return the livestream hosted at /chat, though, and only if that stream is using the site player. There's also no easy way to associate the stream with a particular "chat" object, so I'm just using the titles which are usually identical. I've been meaning to file a feature request to make other livestreams (/vinny, /abby, etc) available but haven't gotten around to it yet.

JesalRajdev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0