• 55 results
#51 Posted by Wander (3 posts) -

Speaking of GBTV, are there going to be specific api endpoints? Or is it already accessible somehow? Looking to add it to an app, and obviously don't want to just embed the unlisted youtube id.

#52 Edited by Calvinball (74 posts) -

@wander: It shows up in the /chats endpoint. Though the site_detail_url erroneously points to giantbomb.com/chat instead of giantbomb.com/infinite.

#54 Edited by Bgr11123 (1 posts) -

Hey just wanted to pop in here and say that having search results return genres for the games as well as platforms would be a very nice addition as some other people have pointed out already. That way we can filter our search by those fields.

#55 Posted by LookAYoYo (2 posts) -

Hello, first post here. I noticed that in the user_reviews api call, the documentation says that you can access the game feature, but that hasn't been working. I did notice that the api returns a wikiObject feature containing the game's name, which the documentation never mentions explicitly. It would be great to see the documentation reflect this. I'd also love to have a way to not just get the game's name from a user_review, but also the guid for the game. Maybe this issue is why when I access the games api, all the num_user_reviews == 0.

#56 Posted by BravoJade (81 posts) -

Given I know a game id/guid and platform id/guid, it would be nice to be able to get the game's releases on that platform with 'developers' and 'publishers' fields.

If I hit /releases and filter by game and platform, I can't get developers/publishers without more requests to /release.

Releases on api/game/{guid} don't identify platform or respect platform filter, so I can't determine which one(s) I should request to get the platform release's developers/publishers.

#57 Posted by kaninchen95 (6 posts) -

Hey there,

I was wondering if there was any more consideration to user data being supported by the API? I remember Dave Snider responding to this answer quite awhile ago saying that it was not available because of privacy concerns, but maybe in the future. Even just a username and display picture would be amazing!