Help needed for testing my app

atholm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hi all,

I have been working on a new version of my app Pixeldb, and the time has come for others to play around with it. The app features the awesome wiki data and ability to quick add games to (played, favourite and want to play lists).
All help and feedback is much appreciated, so let me know if you want a build of the app - it is iPhone only for now.

Here is a couple of screenshots:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Laethe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@atholm: This looks super interesting, shame I don't have an iPhone because I'd have loved to give it a go. Is Android support coming anytime soon?

atholm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laethe: Thanks! yeah I really want to have an Android version as well, but I'm a lone wolf on this one and unfortunately don't own a device to test on.

davidfox1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How did you get around the API rate limiting issue for iOS? Giant Bomb devs told me I had to use a separate API key for each user. Implemented auth in the app and Apple rejected it :(

Avatar image for theps2collector
ThePS2Collector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ThePS2Collector

I also would love to test this app (really into updating my collection via sites/apps for some reason). Unfortunately, I'm also an Android user.

Android Studio comes with a built in emulator to run your in-development apps on a variety of virtual Android devices (different OS versions, different spec - ie, modern Android smartphone versus Android Wear device). I'm sure that's not quite the same as running on an actual device, but it's still pretty convenient. :P

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dourin

I'd be willing to run it through its paces for you. Using an iPhone 6 Plus, if that matters.

atholm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By atholm

@davidfox1983: The app caches content for quite some time, and have kept network calls to the minimum. However if the app gets a lot of users, and they lookup different wiki items not in the cache then I will be hit by the same rate limitter. I don't understand why Apple rejected your app, because creating an auth mechanism should be fine? What was their reasoning? My plan is to introduce simple authentication and let users add their API key. The app can be used without, but a warning will be shown if rate limit is reached, and the users are incentified to login.

@theps2collector: Yeah, I guess time is the actual problem ;)

@dourin: Awesome, much appreciated! DM me with an email then I can forward a testflight build to you.