Q: Retrieve/filter multiple IDs in one call to /video(s)?

chazzlabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'd like to retrieve data about multiple videos, and I'm wondering if it's possible to do that in a single call. For example, if I'm interested in videos with IDs 10942 and 10943, can I combine those into a single call or is my only option to call /video/10942 and /video/10943 separately? After some browsing through the API documentation and the API forum I didn't see anything that seemed to answer this question for me.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@chazzlabs: Yes, you can. You have to use the id filter and separate values with a |

Example:

/api/videos/?api_key=...&filter=id:11045|11058|11052

Use /videos/, not /video/.

chazzlabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier That's exactly what I need. I'd tried the same call with other punctuation separating IDs but not a |. Thanks!

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@chazzlabs: It took me a while to figure it out and I've been using the API for a long time. There should be more examples in the docs.

francesco2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@szlifier I would desperately need some more API examples too the documentation is too short and not really very explanatory.

I am going nuts to understand how to search for a game that has as platform Playstation 3 for example. This because then when I have to get the ID of the game and make the second API call to get all the game details I wont have multiple entries in the search but I will have straight the correct one.

For example:

http://www.giantbomb.com/api/search/?api_key=XXXXXXXXXXX&query=%22The%20sims%203%22

returns a lot of entries and the releases for all the different platforms. What I really really would need is to search for name and platform name then get the ID and run a second query.

Could you please guys help me to figure it out ? I am trying myself but I cant find the right parameter I am sure it exists there must be ....

Thanks in advance for your help.

Francesco