So, what is it for?

SolidSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidSlug

I like APIs, but what can be done with this one?

The terms preclude derivative uses of the contents it gives access to. So, how do you use it?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

The possibilities are endless. :) If you check the board you can see a few projects that are currently in the works.

As for how to actually use it, that's kind of a broad question. Have you read the documentation yet? That's a good first step. If you've already done that, then you're going to have to be a bit more specific about what you're trying to do.

SolidSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SolidSlug
LordAndrew said:
"The possibilities are endless. :) If you check the board you can see a few projects that are currently in the works.

As for how to actually use it, that's kind of a broad question. Have you read the documentation yet? That's a good first step. If you've already done that, then you're going to have to be a bit more specific about what you're trying to do."

Thank you!

I fully understand "how to" use it.

My question is more: Why would I use it?

If I consider the Google Maps API, I can imagine plenty of reasons to use it. (And I have.)

What would be some of the most interesting projects using the GB API?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#4  Edited By LordAndrew

A common use of the API is to create mobile-friendly versions of the site, but there are a number of other projects as well.

Of course, the uses of the API are limited by your imagination. If you're not sure of what kind of stuff you should do, I recommend looking at the other threads in th API Developers forum. There are some pretty typical uses there, but some people have also come up with some more creative uses for the API. Maybe looking at them will help give you inspiration.

SolidSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidSlug
LordAndrew said:
"A common use of the API is to create mobile-friendly versions of the site, but there are a number of other projects as well. Of course, the uses of the API are limited by your imagination. If you're not sure of what kind of stuff you should do, I recommend looking at the other threads in th API Developers forum. There are some pretty typical uses there, but some people have also come up with some more creative uses for the API. Maybe looking at them will help give you inspiration."

Thank you. I'll be thinking about that.