So anyone play freedom cry?

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By punisherkaos

Just curious if any of u duders have had a chance to play it. I loved the main game and kinda wanna give this a shot but the reviews seem very mixed and it sounds like they got rid of alot of my favorite aspects of the main game like sailing from place to place and just the overall freedom of exploration. But if the missions are good enough id still be ok with getting it.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Meh it's ok. Only one mission really stands out. Seriously every mission is a crappy tail mission. Not much development of Adewelle and not much story. I'd say it's a pass if you aren't dying to play some more AC4.

punisherkaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By punisherkaos

@emoney244: Man that's a bummer, id really like to play some more ac4 but not if it's just tail missions :(

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've played a good chunk and so far I like it. My main problem right now is that it just seems really inconsistent.

Half of the missions are really fun and can be even better than a lot of the stuff in the main game. But the other half are incredibly frustrating and poorly put together.

The slave emancipation aspect is pretty cool but I accidentally broke it within an hour or two and now every time I fast-travel it thinks I've liberated another slave ship and I get credit for 90 slave rescues I didn't do.

I would also say just navigating the city itself is a bit more interesting, because in Freedom Cry the "heavies" will mark you as a runaway slave if they see you, so it gives you a reason to actually keep an eye out for hiding spots and groups of people to blend in with.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

yea played through it, it was a nice piece of dlc,

adewale is a good lead character,

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By emoney244

@punisherkaos: Yeah it's kind of a bummer.. Hopefully they reduce or get rid of tail missions in the next AC..

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deadmanforking

Just finished it today, was alright. Most of the missions kinda suck, most are tail missions, but the story is kool. Plus I really like Adewale.

One thing I really enjoyed, although it was quite repetitive, was the raiding of the plantations. No idea why, every time I seen one had been reopened I just had to raid that thing!

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Legion_

I think it's a fantastic piece of content. Probably one of the better pieces of DLC I've ever encountered. I'm not in the mood for writing a bunch, so I'll just list a few things that I like about it.

• Adewale - Probably the coolest, most badass looking assassin in the history of assassins.
  • A smaller, more focused experience.
  • Liberation aspect is a really nice unlock mechanic. Slave ships and plantations are a fun distraction.
  • Machete + Blunderbuss = Awesome x10.
  • Nothing to do with templars, assassins or old stupid civilizations.
  • That one scene with the boat... Man, that scene.
Scratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Scratch

@legion_ said:

I think it's a fantastic piece of content. Probably one of the better pieces of DLC I've ever encountered. I'm not in the mood for writing a bunch, so I'll just list a few things that I like about it.

• Adewale - Probably the coolest, most badass looking assassin in the history of assassins.
  • A smaller, more focused experience.
  • Liberation aspect is a really nice unlock mechanic. Slave ships and plantations are a fun distraction.
  • Machete + Blunderbuss = Awesome x10.
  • Nothing to do with templars, assassins or old stupid civilizations.

Totally agree with all those points. More DLC like this would not be all that bad.

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Dallas_Raines

I enjoyed it, but the slaves as collectables is...strange in hindsight. The new weapons and the score were the big standouts for me.(The battle theme is more memorable than any song in the main game.)

ryanwhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Adewale as a character and it sucks that he couldnt be the lead because they continue to insist on this Conor bloodline shit, which they didnt even really need to for this one. Same reason they cant go to China, cus Conor's ancestors were never there, but who cares anymore. You've already cut away most of the modern day story which is fantastic, just let go of that last fuck so we can get more leads like Adewale.

OneLoneClone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OneLoneClone

@legion_ said:

That was worth the price of admission for me.

I remember learning that they chained slaves together on slaveships... but I never really thought about how horrifying that could be...