Are you buying Assassin's Creed Unity, and if so, what platform are you buying it for?

• 56 results
j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you buying Assassin's Creed Unity, and if so, what platform are you buying it for? (207 votes)

PC 27%
PS4 38%
Xbox One 9%
Not buying it 31%

I was originally going to buy this game on my PS4 to have something to play on it, but Ubisoft's 900p/30fps announcement has shifted me back to my PC. What are you guys doing?

• 
Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm still on the fence about getting Unity, since I thought I was done with the series when Black Flag was released (just when I thought I was out....). But if if the reviews are saying great things then I'll probably get it on the PS4.

Camelizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll get it on PS4 since I've played all the previous main installments of AC on either the PS3 or PS4. Could care less about resolution and I've never had a problem with 30fps games.

I don't know if I'll get it at launch as I have a lot of shit I need to do next month and the last thing I need is a new game from one of my favorite game series distracting me. I'll probably still end up getting it near launch though honestly, barring reports of it either being complete garbage or broken, and just dedicate a weekend to playing it into the ground.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My PC isn't powerful enough to run it well, and I'd rather not deal with Uplay anyway. PS4, but I dunno if I'll get it at launch.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My for sure buy list this year is: AC:Unity, Bayonetta, Captain Toad: TT, and Phoenix Wright: AA Trilogy

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I am getting the PS4 version because that is the only thing I own that can run that game.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not buying it. I think I'm done with Ass Creed.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wheres the option for "wait and see how badly they screw up the PC version" ?

Avatar image for arkade_kalamity
Arkade_Kalamity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I will be purchasing it for my PS4 in order to see just how many P's this new generation of hardware can dish out. I've heard it looks pretty nice and have been waiting to play a next gen game to really make me say wow.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Tennmuerti

Nah. This will be the first main AC game in the series that I will not be buying.

That franchise got worn out for me personally, I'm tired of it. It also doesn't help that I have no interest at all in that time period/place of the new one, which was the last remaining draw of the games to me. The MP has never been the same since Brotherhood, and the main combat/assassination in those games has also been on a steady downward slide. This is the one where I step out. (same thing happened to my interest in CoD games eventually)

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Luca717

last one i played was 2. and didnt even finish it, i stopped at some mission where i had to kill a priest or pope or something. ive been told thats near the end game but still... im over the series lol. bought black flag and did two hours but couldn't do it

MajorToms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only recently, for the first time, played AC: Brotherhood, AC: Revelations, and AC III, all within the span of about a week. I haven't gotten to AC IV yet, and I do want to also play AC III: Liberations. I'm primarily a PC gamer, so that's where I will purchase Unity. The thing is, Ubisoft has a horrible track record with Assassin's Creed games on PC, and so I will probably wait a while after the release to see people's reaction to it on PC. I won't play for a while anyway, as I don't plan on playing Unity or Rogue until I play AC IV and AC III: Liberations.

It's not that I'm late to the series. I bought the first game the day it came out on Xbox 360 and reached 100% achievements within the first week of release. I played AC II as well, but that was a gift in 2010. My time/interest were occupied elsewhere because of school going on and money wasn't aligning with game purchases.

Overall, I think I'm more hyped about AC: Rogue than I am about AC: Unity, but damn does it look nice.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to upgrade my computer to play it, but I plan on getting it for PC.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would buy it for PC, but Ubisoft doesn't really do a great job optimizing games. So my PS4 is my Ubi machine of choice.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Xbox One. That's where my friends are at and I want to play the coop.

SongWriter1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Will wait for reviews.... but i don't own a console sooooo pc

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think I've started to reach that point with Ubisoft where, generally speaking, I'm so tired of their nonsense that I now actively try to avoid their products, where possible.

I mean, I like Assassins Creed and all that, and this one seems OK too, but I'm not sure I want to give money to a company that is so willing to insult the intelligence of its customers on such an alarmingly regular basis, certainly not to play a game that treads such unexcitingly familiar territory.

I'm not in total boycott mode, but ergh... Ubisoft...

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By mike

Excusing that it's an Ubisoft game which I typically avoid, Assassin's Creed has just become a chore in recent years. No thanks.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've never been into the series but my best friend was really into it but got burned out after Revelations. I bought Liberation HD for him but he didn't even finish it. Didn't play 3 or anything after. If huge fans like him can get tired of the series I am surprised there are still people exited every year. There have been 7 games already.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yaay for another poorly optimized Ubi PC port!

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be waiting for the reviews to hit. I am very intrigued by Assassin's Creed but if it's more of the same then I will skip it.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By wallee321

I'd rather play games like this from my couch, but more importantly I think we have a really good chance that this will be hot garbage at launch given Ubisoft's history. Uplay is just another stupid DRM program I have to update and reset my password for.

I know Unity is co-sponsored by MS, but I played Black Flag on PS4.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Nah. This will be the first main AC game in the series that I will not be buying.

That franchise got worn out for me personally, I'm tired of it. It also doesn't help that I have no interest at all in that time period/place of the new one, which was the last remaining draw of the games to me. The MP has never been the same since Brotherhood, and the main combat/assassination in those games has also been on a steady downward slide. This is the one where I step out. (same thing happened to my interest in CoD games eventually)

I'm with you. I'm out on both this AC and this year's CoD, which would have sounded insane to me if you went back and asked me about three years ago when I was obsessed with both franchises. I just don't care about this AC's setting, either. I may give it a look later if it gets great reviews or something. Then again, I said something similar about Black Flag, and ended up buying it and enjoying it, but odds are that the Halo: MCC, GTAV, and continuing to build a garage in Horizon 2 will get most of my attention for the foreseeable future.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Basm321

@luca717: No! Go back, that sounds like the final mission, in which you literally fist fight the pope! Plus it's even dumber than it sounds

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc86d541ecee
deactivated-5fc86d541ecee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what I'll get it on. I'd like to get the PC version, but I've got no idea how well my PC will run it. It runs Black Flag pretty well with a couple of settings turned down a notch, but I don't see that being the case with Unity so I might just get it on PS4 because at least there I know what I'm buying.

Or I'll just wait until I build a new PC in the next few months for Witcher 3 and play it then. That actually seems the most likely.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tehpickle: apart from their fairly poor PC ports I generally haven't had many issues with Ubisoft games of late. What in particular do you mean? Unless it's the PC port business in which case I fully agree in that they're not very good for the most part.

Amikron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be waiting for it to show up half price or less within 6 months on steam rather than getting it new. There isn't really any reason to rush out and get it, at least not from what they have shown. Unless there is some new compelling gameplay that somehow I've missed in all the talk about this game I am pretty much committed to just getting it on the cheap and playing it at my leisure. The co-op seems interesting but that isn't a good enough reason for me to purchase it at full retail price.

Honestly I'm more interested in Rogue since it retains the ship combat and seems to be going for the AC4 style of gameplay. I keep feeling like Unity is going to end up like AC3, looks great, interesting concept, takes a decade to get started and by the time it gets going you're pretty much done with the game.

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@basm321 said:

@luca717: No! Go back, that sounds like the final mission, in which you literally fist fight the pope! Plus it's even dumber than it sounds

lol i sold the xbox now but that sounds too stupid it cant be true..... lol

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Basm321

@luca717: it totally happens! Skip to about the 18min 20sec mark

http://youtu.be/4tPuHt_McQg

Oh, and I'll be getting unity on ps4. Even if I had a pc I might shy away from ubisoft PC ports, I hear about a lot of issues with them thar ports

Luca717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@basm321: lol dude dont kill me i started to watch it i cant do it without laughing

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@amikron said:

Honestly I'm more interested in Rogue since it retains the ship combat and seems to be going for the AC4 style of gameplay. I keep feeling like Unity is going to end up like AC3, looks great, interesting concept, takes a decade to get started and by the time it gets going you're pretty much done with the game.

I keep forgetting Rogue exists. The setting there does seem way more interesting. I hate that they're whoring out the franchise so much that they're dropping two games on the market at once. I know Ubi is a big enough studio to theoretically handle it and I get that they want to do a next-gen-only game that doesn't have to be hamstrung by the older consoles, but it still seems like both games will suffer a bit in quality. If Rogue was on next-gen, I'd be on board.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Basm321

@luca717: I told you it was literally a bare knuckle fist fight with the pope. Too great, that's what I want more of in assassins creed. Scenes that make me wonder wha I'm doing with my life

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Maybe down the road, but I have no plans on buying it.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not a day one purchase (probably black friday sale) but definitely for PS4.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By cornbredx

Even though AC4 was really good I will wait a while to get this (also because I have a huge backlog right now I have to get through first). AC3 was so bad it will be a few good AC games before I buy them without knowing anything about them again.

I will always be skeptical that these games won't be worth buying now.

Lukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As usual I will buy the game once I can get a PC key for around 20€ which should be early next year.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Brendan

I was going to buy it since I haven't played an AC title since Brotherhood and Unity's return to a dense city environment looks interesting, but...the 900p thing has really turned me around. I shall now perform a brutal self-castration on release day to appease the 1080/60 gods and give us all deliverance from corporate corruption and base technical limitation!

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Honkalot

I will buy it for ps4 because I've had one for about half a year without buying more than one AAA title, so I think it's time it gets some of that.

And not least because buying Ubisoft games on the PC is a dreadful experience. Uplay quite literally wiped all my Splinter Cell Blacklist saves when I was on the last mission. Similarly it wiped my friend's Blacklist saves mid campaign. Never again!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XONE, and hopefully there's a deluxe edition.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I haven't liked one of these games since AC2, so I'll skip the new ones for now.

TehPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: My issue isn't so much with their cruddy PC ports (that's a separate discussion, of which you'd have no disagreement from me), it's how they publicly address concerns regarding said ports that I tend to take issue with. Time and again they treat their consumers like idiots, and it's starting to get rather grating for me at this point. It basically all just boils down to piss-poor PR.

It's the 30fps is 'cinematic' thing, it's the 30fps is better thing, it's insisting on console performance parity in spite of clear technical advantages on the PS4 (which I don't own btw, just to be clear) to avoid the debates and stuff. It's the WatchDogs downscale, it's WatchDogs being released in insane numbers of SKUs and stripping arbitrary bits and pieces out of the game.

Aiden's 'iconic' hat... I don't even...

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Puk, but I haven't seen too much from it worth getting excited about yet. Having Rogue and Unity both coming out is kinda diminishing my interest in either of them - I doubt they're going to hit either one out of the park when they're trying to handle two games at once.

Unity is the first city-based game in a while, so that's something, but I think the city-based gameplay desperately needs an overhaul. They really need to put a feeling of vulnerability and challenge into these games; being able to effortlessly deal with an unlimited number of enemies just gets dull, as well as rendering the sneaky/climby mechanics pointless.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tehpickle: I see where you're coming from. I consider all game PR statements to be equally terrible so I guess Ubisoft doesn't rub me the wrong way any more than others folk out there. The Destiny PR hype train is pretty goddamn grating when you compare it to the final product and thats the most recent example I can think of. People arguing for the letterboxing in Evil Within being a "cinematic" choice is also something I roll my eyes at.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By Hunter5024

If the reaction's good I'll probably give it a shot on PS4 if only because it's built straight up for the new stuff. They will probably never make me care about Assassins Creed as much as I used to though.

Basm321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Basm321

@undefined: you must assemble a 60fps alter, known as the gaming pc. And send me one as aaaaa right of passage

I'm legitimately excite to be able to crouch by choice in unity!

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By killer_meatballs

PS4 Collector's Edition.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The French Terror is the perfect setting for an AC game.

However, I've been burned before on this franchise (AC 3 was HORRIBLE) and Ubisoft's untrustworthy behavior really left a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm waiting for reviews or footage from a trustworthy source.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#50  Edited By monkeyking1969

While disappointing (and probably more to teh story of 900p /30fps), I really just don't care enough to not buy it on the easiest to manage platform - PS4.