#1 Posted by Rorie (5405 posts) -

I'm only level 25 in Odyssey so far but I'm really digging it, even as the pace of leveling has slown down a bunch. That's a good and a bad thing, I guess; it's bad that I'm not getting ability points as quickly as I would like, but it's good that I don't feel rushed into new areas and that my gear stays relevant for longer. It sounds like I'll have a lot more than 25 more levels to go, though, as they're adding "at least" 20 more levels to the level cap sometime soon, along with all the rest of these announcements, including gear transmog and arrow auto-crafting (which is already in the game and is real handy:

We hope you are enjoying your journey across Ancient Greece. A lot of new content and game feature additions are on the horizon, and we're excited to share what we have in store this November!

STORY CONTENT

New story content will be coming this month as we kick off the Lost Tales of Greece series. These are free questlines that will feature familiar faces and new characters from the world of Assassin's Creed® Odyssey.

Our first questline, The Show Must Go On, will bring you back to the Battle of 300 where you'll step into the shoes of an actor playing King Leonidas. It's up to you whether to stick to the script... or to adapt it to your liking.

The second Lost Tale of Greece, Divine Intervention, will have you meet a mysterious woman who will test your qualities through several divine trials!

The Lost Tales of Greece questlines will appear automatically in the world, marked as yellow side quests, once you have reached Episode 5 in the game. There will be no time limit to tackle these questlines, so feel free to play them at any time.

Completing each Lost Tale of Greece will allow you to unlock new rewards. And as for the other stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, be sure to save before you play them, as you may want to check out the different outcomes depending on your choices!

EPIC EVENTS

New Epic Events will appear regularly in the game: either as an Epic Mercenary or an Epic Ship that you will be tasked to hunt down. Defeating those challenging adversaries will reward you not only with Orichalcum to use at the Oikos of the Olympians merchant, but also with a new ship design or a new piece of equipment!

Note that these challenges are for players who have progressed to level 30 or above.

For more information on Epic Live events, check out our article!

NEW ITEMS

Two new exclusive Packs are coming this month. The Odysseus Pack will include a new gear set, a new mount, and a new weapon. The Odysseus Naval Pack will contain a new ship design, a new crew theme, and a new figurehead for the front of your ship.

All of these items will be simultaneously available in the Store and at the Oikos of the Olympians. Keep an eye out for them near the end of November!

Reminder: The underworld-themed items we released a couple of days ago are already unlockable at the Oikos of the Olympians.

MYTHICAL CREATURE

A new Mythical Creature, Steropes the Cyclops, will be waiting for you in his lair on November 13. A new quest named The Lightning Bringer will appear in your quest log and will take you to the one-eyed monster.

Defeating the Cyclops will be a high-level challenge, and should you manage to succeed you will be rewarded with a Legendary Bow. There will be no time limit, so prepare properly and take it down at your own pace!

No Caption Provided

NEW GAME FEATURES

Thanks to your feedback, we updated the game with new features that will help you have the best experience possible in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

CUSTOMIZATION:

We are excited to share that in an upcoming title update, we will add a visual customization system that allows you to add a visual layer on top of your gear. This will will allow you to combine the stats of one item and the appearance of another into the same slot. So you won't have to decide between having good stats and looking good in-game!

LEVEL CAP:

Later this month we will increase the level cap by no less than 20 levels. This will be available for all players. For our players who have reached level 50, the XP earned before the level cap update will be rewarded with new ability points.

AUTO-CRAFTING ARROW:

As we mentioned earlier on our official Twitter account, we added a new feature to the game that allows players to auto-craft regular arrows when enough resources are available.

GAMEPAD CUSTOMIZATION:

Accessibility for our players has always been an important topic for Assassin's Creed. This is why gamepad customization is now available to all players on all platforms. You can learn more about accessibility in Assassin's Creed in our latest interview with Jonathan Bedard here!

GEAR UPGRADES:

We worked on a new balance in order to decrease costs to upgrade gear in-game.

XP BOOSTERS:

We realize that players want more control over the XP boosters, so with update version 1.0.7 we're introducing an option to pause and resume any temporary or permanent booster that you own.

To receive news and updates on all things Assassin's Creed, check out the Social Pulse, follow @assassinscreed on Twitter, or join the game discussions on our official forums.

Staff
#2 Posted by Captain_Insano (3434 posts) -

Cool.

I got to around Level 25 and dropped off (Thanks RDR2 and Hitman 2), but I'll likely jump back into Odyssey in the post-Christmas lull when I actually have some time to play games.

#3 Posted by cloudymusic (2090 posts) -

So this is all free, it sounds like, and not paid add-ons? That's awesome, if so. I'm currently level 37 (I think?) but have been having fun pretty much the whole way through, so I definitely won't say "no" to more stuff to do along the way. Some of those Lost Tales sound pretty cool.

#4 Posted by Rorie (5405 posts) -

@captain_insano: I'm at the same point and I'm noticing that leveling is slowing down dramatically. Hope I can keep up my enthusiasm!

@cloudymusic:I believe it's all free. They added a bunch of stuff to Origins as well without requiring people to get the DLC for it.

Staff
#5 Posted by Bane (858 posts) -

Decreasing costs to upgrade gear will be nice. I upgrade mine every 5 - 10 levels or so, and it costs upwards of 6,000 drachmae per piece to do it.

#6 Posted by soulcake (2460 posts) -

One of the few games i completed this year i enjoyed the weird story twists, gotta say i paid 10 bucks extra for that xp boost though :D, was sick off killing bandit camps. Which to be honest i don't recommend cause i probably missed a lot of good side quests, Oh well.

#7 Posted by Sahalarious (672 posts) -

I hope everyone enjoys this, I feel like it was a dirty trick releasing this 100 hour bloat machine right before the 100 hour well crafted RDR2, but hey whatever peels your banana.

#8 Edited by cloudymusic (2090 posts) -

@gtb08 said:

I hope everyone enjoys this, I feel like it was a dirty trick releasing this 100 hour bloat machine right before the 100 hour well crafted RDR2, but hey whatever peels your banana.

Real talk, I've been enjoying this game a lot more than RDR2, much to my surprise. I guess the stealth gameplay and fast-paced action speak to me much more than the (comparative) slow slog of RDR2. Not that I hate RDR2 or anything, but it's been much more of a struggle to get myself to boot it up.

But then, I haven't played an AC in a long while, so maybe if you already played a ton of Origins you wouldn't get as much out of it as I am.

#9 Posted by mems1224 (2439 posts) -

Beat two of the main stories and its dumb but I'm 50 already and waiting for the bump in level cap to go back and finish up side quests and finish the last big story beat. It's also nice having reasons to jump back in like Origins did

#10 Posted by mems1224 (2439 posts) -

@soulcake: killing bandit camps is the absolute worst way to level up in that game. You get so much xp from the side quests and there are way more than enough without even touching the repetitive generated ones on the board.

#11 Posted by takayamasama (1534 posts) -

I'll jump back in for these! I got the Platinum not long after it was out but I enjoy the world and the way Odyssey/Origins plays, so some more messing around will be fun!

Also it looks like this free update includes 3 free trophies so wooooo! The hunt is back on

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
#12 Posted by shivermetimbers (1648 posts) -

This inspired me to make a thread. I honestly don't know what the point of all this grinding and item transmog stuff is in a solo game. It doesn't seem like the grind is useful/worth it. With social elements, sure. Maybe I'm just thick-headed or something.

Then again, I do play Dynasty Warriors occasionally. Tho that does have co-op (usually).

#13 Posted by Rorie (5405 posts) -

The one thing I really wish would for them to have Ikaros pointed at the ground in front of you when you summon him rather than having him point off at the horizon. Whenever I summon him I'm invariably right outside of a camp or fort, he's always pointed off at nothing and I have to manually aim him down in front of me before he starts tagging stuff. Annoying!

Staff
#14 Posted by TheRealTurk (362 posts) -

I'm a little confused. Doesn't everything level up with you more or less (to 2 levels below you at least)? So isn't increasing the level cap pretty much worthless outside of seeing numbers go up (which definitely happens in this game- one of my major problems with it is it's insistence that numbers just get bigger without actually meaningfully altering gameplay)?

If they want challenging encounters given the level-scaling design, it seems like it would be better to actually design challenging encounter mechanics rather than "you can't beat this thing because your level is too low.)

#15 Edited by takayamasama (1534 posts) -

@therealturk: I think the level cap is mostly just for more skill points. Once you hit level cap and find all the locations that give skill points, there are still quite a few skills you don't have or don't have maxed. I like the option to max out all those if I choose to

#16 Posted by sparky_buzzsaw (8649 posts) -

I'm really excited to play this at some point. I love the idea of bigger, goofier AC with mythology thrown in, and this stuff all sounds like Ubisoft's making smart decisions about updates.

#17 Posted by Rorie (5405 posts) -

I'm really excited to play this at some point. I love the idea of bigger, goofier AC with mythology thrown in, and this stuff all sounds like Ubisoft's making smart decisions about updates.

It's an astonishingly big game, even judged purely on landmass. There's a lot of bounty filler quests but I've largely just been ignoring those and I'm still kind of shocked at how big they made it. I feel like I would've gotten my money's worth if I ended now at level 25.

Staff
#18 Posted by cooljammer00 (3067 posts) -

I've been playing this for free via Project Stream, so I won't get access to any of this stuff, and I certainly won't want to play through the whole game again if I end up buying it, (saves don't carry over) but I'm glad it's being supported the way Ubisoft promised.

#19 Posted by Aistan (198 posts) -

I spent 116 hours doing nearly everything I could before I felt like I was done, enjoying myself every moment. I could easily see myself jumping in for another 20 hours for this stuff, even if the stored xp I have instantly takes me up to the new level cap. I love how the game feels, I love just wandering around in it, and I love love love love love Kassandra.

#20 Posted by Marino (7188 posts) -

@aistan said:

I spent 116 hours doing nearly everything I could before I felt like I was done, enjoying myself every moment. I could easily see myself jumping in for another 20 hours for this stuff, even if the stored xp I have instantly takes me up to the new level cap. I love how the game feels, I love just wandering around in it, and I love love love love love Kassandra.

I'm in exactly the same boat. Got the platinum and would love to do more. I bounced off RDR2 hard.

Staff
#21 Posted by Rorie (5405 posts) -

They just put up a tutorial on how the Visual Customization Feature and it sounds pretty much like Transmog from WoW, but it'll be neat. I want my big feathery hats.

Staff