Serious performance issues? PC

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

https://gyazo.com/9b71e6df73ca544d0373f276a0b86a8c

I've got a pretty sturdy rig that doesnt typically have issues like this. Any idea why my performance would be so exceptionally low in 1440P on AC:O? The gyazo is the games ingame benchmark rating. I dont see how its possible for me to get LOW rating with a 1080TI..

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OurSin_360

What settings? And it says 50fps, is low the setting or the score cause i don't see how 50fps is considered low. Don't have the game but there is probably one setting that is taxing your system, likely the cpu.

If the settings are on low then you should definitely be getting better frames than 50.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BurBan_Snake

Playing on Very High graphics, which my PC should be able to handle. I never have performance issues like this. 50 fps as an average is very low on a 165Hz monitor, and during gameplay im seeing consistent periods in the 40s, which is definitely not what i dropped $700 on the card to get lol

Low is the performance rating the game gave my machine.

camwil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's probably your cpu. Silky smooth 70-90 fps (except weird cutscene hitching) with 7700k and a 1070, maxed everything. Thinking the same monitor, that 1440p 165hz Dell one.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@burban_snake: Yeah i would look up cpu intensive settings and turn those down. And don't feel bad, i paid 700 for my 1080..... :-)

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By shivermetimbers

I'm rocking 40-55 FPS with a 1050 gtx laptop with an i7 7700hq with 8 gigs of DDR4 RAM at 900p and everything on medium. It's a demanding game. I'd say turn some settings down. In my experience on my 1070 rig, shadows and textures don't take much of a visual hit if you're willing to knock them down to high. Believe it or not, some people are reporting that the latest driver gave them around a 10 fps increase. I dunno if that's true (I'm on the 388.13 driver, can't confirm). Also, that benchmark tool I feel is a little deceptive since you're not going at that speed in game.

Also, make sure you have as little as possible running in the background, obviously.

Also my 1070 with an i5 4760k gets around 60 fps with most things on high or very high at 1080p. If you don't mind, you could lower the resolution too.

deanoxd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By deanoxd

look at these to get a sense of how AC:O perform's, also are you doing anything else watching netflix/youtube do you have a lot shit running in the background?

PC GAMER AC:O

Loading Video...

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'm rocking 40-55 FPS with a 1050 gtx laptop with an i7 7700hq with 8 gigs of DDR4 RAM at 900p and everything on medium.

Now I'm able to get this (30-50ish) FPS on high with some settings on very high in 1080p with the latest drivers. Took some tinkering on my end. Make sure you don't alt-tab, the game hates that.

BurBan_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BurBan_Snake

Sounds like it must be the way the game is interacting with my CPU and seriously bottleneckjng.. sad but atleast steams refund policy will save me.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11  Edited By Giantstalker

The game has dual-layer DRM where it runs some kind of virtual OS (effectively the first DRM layer) and THEN runs the game - with Denuvo - inside said layer. It's ridiculous and has jacked many people's CPU's to 100% load, every core, all the time. Needless to say, it's a very negative impact on performance.

This is likely the reason some machines which should blow this game out of the water - mine being an example - struggle around 50-70 frames (w/ pretty noticeable hitching).

Deeply unpleasant but I'm still enjoying the game. I hope some kind of fix/workaround/crack emerges to bypass this issue.

Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Relenus

Has there been any update on getting this game to run better on AMD CPUs? What I've played of the game it seems like something I would be super on-board with but I can't play it without my computer crashing to avoid catching on fire.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's super frustrating having the game drop down to 40FPS in the city and it makes me not want to play the game. GTX 1080 and i7 7700k so I don't know what the issue is at 1440p

DPEP56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DPEP56

I had one very strange performance issue with AC I've never heard of. I was getting some annoying frame spikes and stuttering, but dealing with it. I was using DS4 for PS4 controller support then accidentally left DS4 off one day and found the game had native PS4 support.

Strangely, leaving DS4 off seemed to greatly decrease the frequency of free spikes. Maybe a patch I didn't notice was issued the same day I left of DS4? I've never heard of DS4 having weird performance impact.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's super frustrating having the game drop down to 40FPS in the city and it makes me not want to play the game. GTX 1080 and i7 7700k so I don't know what the issue is at 1440p

What settings?

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't had any real serious issues, thankfully. The only one that was mildly annoying was the screen ripple caused by locking the FPS at 60. Since setting it to adaptive, it hasn't been an issue. It averages 55-60fps with an Nvidia GTX 970, Intel i7-7700k, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4, and Asus ROG Strix Z270E gaming mobo. Everything else in the game is set at the max.

MohamedSamir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah i have some issue too that i will post i hope someone will help