GiantBomb F1 Livery (enter the Lang Zone)

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Hey Duders! I've been wanting to contribute some sort of creativity to the site lately and finally decided how to do it! For the past couple weeks, I've been spending an enormous portion of my free time creating this custom livery for the Formula 1 inspired Lotus Exos T125. It was never used actually used in F1 but I believe it was the most recent included F1 style car in the game. It was pretty dang painstaking considering how much of a perfectionist I am (not to say that this livery is perfect, but I tried). I have to say, I appreciate in game livery editors much much much more now. I know a lot you are iRacers but this is the game I play, so this is where I made it! I can honestly say that I had just as much joy creating this as I did playing any video game. I'd love some honest and open critique!

Livery was inspired by the website with base black to gray gradient, featuring the almighty Luchadeer at the helm. With secondary color with red trim. The front wings are meant to represent a selected tab on the website. I added only some decals to keep the livery clean and simple. ALT+F1 and Lang Zone are featured on the rear wings, while ComicVine and Tested can be found at the bottom of the body.

Here is the link to download the mod on RaceDepartment. Enjoy!

Update: I've updated the download file. It skin now includes RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013 on the nose wing. I've also fixed the position of the XBOX and WiiU decals and colored the tow hook red. It also includes updated driver information.

I couldn't really figure out how to take the top notch screenshots, but these are DSR at 2x 1440p, so that counts for something! lol

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

flight815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That's pretty cool! Now we just someone to mod it into the f1 game so they could use it for Track Walk.

JamboGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really like the coloured diffuser, just had a spin on track with it, nice work :)

Spa is up next so they could do the Track Walk on a good game for a change by doing it on Assetto Corsa!

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@flight815: @jambogt: Thanks a lot guys! If they did a trackwalk with my Livery, my jaw would drop lol If you guys have any critique or such, please let me know. I'll always be willing to upgrade the livery and post updates!

BTW, I've updated the ui_skin.json file on download link. Instead of redownloading, you can just open the file in the skin folder and copy paste this quote in there.

{

"skinname": "Enter the Lang Zone",

"drivername": "Ryan Davis",

"country": "USA",

"team": "Scuderia CBSi",

"number": "5",

"priority": 1

}

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So Drew will be the pilot and Jeff would be the pit manager?

lighthaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Duders! I've been wanting to contribute some sort of creativity to the site lately and finally decided how to do it! For the past couple weeks, I've been spending an enormous portion of my free time creating this custom livery for the Lotus Exos T125 S1 formula 1 car. The car is from 2009 season I believe, but it was the most recent F1 car available with a template.

Cool skin. Just a little info: the Lotus Exos Stage 1 is neither a Formula 1 car, nor a real car. It is based on the Lotus T125 Exos (which is also drivable in-game) though.

DoubleSpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DoubleSpy

I absolutely love the way the Luchadeer crawls up the roof of the F1. Brilliant work that is very obvious that it looks pain staking.

The only small mention I would make is somewhere microscopically, you should put Ryan Davis's beautiful mug. You don't even have to see it with the naked eye, but just knowing it's there. I miss you Ryan.

*edit* I'm still not over it yet.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@lighthaze: Ah, thanks for the information! I've edited the OP.

@doublespy: I've updated the download file. It skin now includes RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013 on the nose wing. I've also fixed the position of the XBOX and WiiU decals and colored the tow hook red.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

This is wonderful! Really classy design, I like it a lot. Really love the red trim and the shaping on the luchadeer design at the front. I could definitely see this competing in the real world. If there's a way to transfer this design into the official F1 games somehow so they could use it on track walks that'd be really something else. Sounds like a tough task, though!

@doublespy Don't worry man, you're not alone. I doubt anyone who encountered Ryan wouldn't miss the guy.

SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@y2ken: Thank you!

I made a version without decals for @ibeatthestig. If anybody else would like it, here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/upxacg8u9mg5m17/Giant_Bomb.rar?dl=0