Stuck in Axiom Verge (possible item/area spoilers)

FraggingRights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Hey duders,

Possible spolier territory for anyone playing Axiom Verge, but I appear to be stuck and was wondering if anyone can help me out.

After receiving the lab coat and the higher jump, I can't seem to find my way out of the Zi, Kur, or Indi areas.

Anyone playing this have any tips?

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was just looking in there for the same issue. I don't have my PS4 on, so I can't remember all the areas... Indi I think is the long green strip on the map and there is also a purple area above that. Both are dead ends for me. I think Indi is the green strip on the map, which is a green outdoors area. I have the upgraded glitch gun, but I can't get past the glitched wall. I know there are places in the earlier sections of the map I need to go to, but the only way back has a jump that I can't make. It's in the area where you first start seeing the steam pipes. Maybe I'm just tired... I'm going to bed. I just feel like there is no place left to go.

You get the lab coat after fighting the big guy with the laser, if I remember. So you're a bit behind me. Just retread areas you've been to and look for walls to phase through. I don't think you have the droid yet, that opens a lot of stuff up, too. Look at your map and if you see a square that doesn't have an edge or it has a white dash (door on the map) that you haven't gone through, go back and check it out again. I think I need to make my way back to the right side of the map. I know I missed something but I'm just too tired to figure it out now lol.

chine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was just in the same boat, thought I was stuck in those areas. The next thing to get is the droid/drone thing, it's in the upper outside part of Kur. The armoured gas-spewing things can be killed by the drill. Climb high.

FraggingRights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys!

chibi_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Exact same problem. Outside our I can drill into the first level to kill the steam pig, but can't jump higher or dig anywhere else. Can't jump far enough in indi to reach over the gap, and theres a gap way back in the direction I came from thats keeping me here.

So yeah, stuck.

Refactored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is where I spent half an hour running around last night. I haven't gotten the upgraded glitch gun yet, but it deffo seems like you should be climbing in Kur, there is a section higher up with some rolling rocks which is where I died last night. Presume you should be heading that way.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pyrodactyl

You need to go all the way up into the right. Remember, you can go through any single layer "wall".

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yep. Stuck here too, and it'll probably end up being the point where I stop playing - just not feeling it so far for some reason. Super Metroid is my G.O.A.T., so it seems like I should really like Axiom Verge, but it just feels . . . off . . . for some reason. I'm finding the traversal really tedious, which is a problem when you're not sure where to go next and just have to sort of wander around.

FraggingRights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally figured it out and feel like it was super obvious looking back. Thanks to everyone for the tips.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By r3beld0gg
@chine said:

I was just in the same boat, thought I was stuck in those areas. The next thing to get is the droid/drone thing, it's in the upper outside part of Kur. The armoured gas-spewing things can be killed by the drill. Climb high.

LOL. I didn't even try the drill on the gassy hedgehogs. I just jumped them when they stopped farting steam.

I was so tired last night, I can't believe I missed this. Just getting ready to sit down and game. I was going to do some Bloodborne, but I think I want to try this:

Loading Video...

CaptainKoonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SPOILERS BELOW

I'm stuck now as well. I've been told I need to find the bombs that bind to L2.

Can anyone help out? I've got the grappling hook, drone, and 9 weapons so far...

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Cluter

Ok I'm stuck now too. It seems I need to get the bombs, but I've no clue where to go. I just finished that cutscene after you hallucinate.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Strife777

I'd like to hijack the thread for one specific collectible. Nothing significant, very optional. In the Eribu area, almost at the absolute top there's a long red horizontal room with 4 beam doors with a health shard on the other side. How in the hell do I open that thing.

My main guess is a password, but there's no hint in the room and there doesn't seem to be any in the notes either (got all of them). Second guess is I have to enter the way around, but I can't find that damn secret entrance.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By r3beld0gg

@strife777: Okay, for the non-spoiler hint: Use your glitch gun. I can't spoil where because, honestly, I forget exactly which room I was in but I THINK it was in Eribu. Anyway, there is a

slight spoiler:

fuse looking thing that you glitch into existence inside of a wall. It's to the right of the screen, there is an empty space in a wall. Glitch gun it to make the thing appear.

a little more spoilery:

Look at the upper right corner of the screen when you use the glitch gun. What does that say? Hmm... wonder what you could do with a text string in this game?

Spoilerest:

Type IKKIBU LABIRU into the password section. You have to be in the room when you activate the password.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok I'm stuck now too. It seems I need to get the bombs, but I've no clue where to go. I just finished that cutscene after you hallucinate.

Yeah, I'm stuck again, too. Though, as before, I think it's because I was really tired by the end of my run last night. Seems I've been everywhere, and the other places I need to get I still can't access. This game needs fast travel. It's biggest failing (besides kinda not great boss fights), in my opinon, is having to retread the map over and over. I get a new move or item, then I have to go over the map again because I can't remember why I couldn't get to this or that area before.

Just look over your map and go over each area, looking for grid squares that don't have a full border or that have a white dash denoting a door that you haven't opened. Drill everything, there are also walls you can just walk through. I found one area where the map grid didn't have a full border on the left wall, which was solid. I was able to dash through it to a secret area. Some enemies can be glitched to bust walls (flippy worms, cheerios, laser nipples).

My memory is garbage... I remember the hallucination but I can't remember what items you would have yet. I played for a long time last night, beat the wasp asshole boss then soured the map for secrets.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@r3beld0gg: Goddamnit! I knew that fuse had to be there for something. Thanks a bunch.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Bocam
r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam: Pretty sure I did. I was getting pretty delirious with sleep last night. I'm only just about to sit down and play again now. Not sure if I'm doing Axiom Verge or Bloodborne yet, though.

I basically went over the whole map again. I feel like I need to get someplace from the right side of Kur. There is a dead end on the right side of the map that does not have a border on one of the grid squares. Also, at the top is an orange door that I can't seem to get to yet. In the area with the robots that shoot at you (blue part of the map) there is a section that I also can't get to yet. There's a note overhead, but I can't seem to teleport dash up into it. There's some stuff in Eribu I can't get past, all the way left. Either Absu or Zi has that pink glitchy crap, I can only go down past the glitchy section where the little pink circle enemies float around. After that, no further. Also, there is a section where a weird head is flying back and forth in the air. There is an area that is too high to reach. Tried using the droid to get on top of the head, but you can't fire it again from up there.

I'm sure I'll slap myself in a little while for missing something obvious. I just don't really relish running all around the map again. Just beat the Cleric Beast in Bloodborne the other day and am kinda itching to see what lies ahead there. Ah, decisions!

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By r3beld0gg

I just discovered something interesting. Got a couple of secrets out of it. I'm not sure if it's by design or not, but you can do the equivalent of a bomb jump with the teleporting droid. Took me a minute to get the timing down, but press triangle, triangle, R1, triangle while the ball is in the air. The first triangle hatches the droid, second teleports. You can't shoot the droid again immediately but if you press R1 first you can shoot another droid immediately. Four quick button presses, build height. It doesn't feel like that's by design, but it works. I got some secrets out of it anyway.

Edit: can also be used to travel horizontally. Also works with R2.

EDIT 2: Okay. Sitting outside of what I think is the final boss door. One more tip for anyone who can't figure out how to get the items behind the laser doors in that area. One was easy, but the other was crazy and I only did it by complete accident.

I won't spoil it for people who want to figure it out, I'll just say you should be glitching enemies. That is the key for both sets of laser doors in that area.

Okay, one of those doors is a bit crazy, so I'll say maybe sometimes you don't always have to kill every mother f'er in the room before you leave.

First one:

The purple robots will appear in the next room with you if they are glitched. Gett ito shoot the orb.

Second one:

You can control the robot if it's glitched. Fly it up to the orb.

xelaetaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone have any idea where to go after lookin around the E-KUR-MAH level. I'm stumped on this part of the game at the moment.

Thanks

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xelaetaks: I don't remember specifically off the top of my head, but I'm pretty sure you should go check out the blue part of the map. You got the improved dash in E-Kur-Mah, right? Remember you can dash through bricks now. Go up. ;)

xelaetaks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks and yes, I got the improved dash there. Will give it a shot.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's hard to forget. I was stuck for a while before E-Kur-Mah because I didn't see how to get in... Felt dumb when I noticed what I was missing lol.

ilserpente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r3beld0gg: I just had the exact same experience--I was totally at a loss and thought I had to unlock the stones in the way, somehow. Whoops!

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

I'm stuck now too. Loving the game though.

Not sure where to go after the hallucination. Wandered a bit, got the ability to throw the drone further and the brown coat. Looking for bombs...any help is greatly appreciated.

edmorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyduck: There is a zone/area to the right of the one that has the brown coat that has a boss protecting another power up you need to get further. Once you have that you can goto the top of the zone that had the original drone/grapple-hook to make it to a new zone.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#29  Edited By MightyDuck

@edmorex: thanks for the feedback. I managed to get the disruptor bomb that clears up the green glitchy spots, but hit another wall. Also explored as far east that I can go. Found a door that is protected by some sort of barrier.

Love the game, but I feel like lately I've been doing nothing but running around over and over again.

Edit!

Kept going north and found where I needed to be. Just finished the game. Overall had a good time with it.

Avatar image for pinocchiosquest
PinocchiosQuest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r3beld0gg: I took miss fast travel but then realized I find hidden areas when back tracking.

drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@r3beld0gg: Thanks! That's exactly where I was stuck.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By xymox

@r3beld0gg said:
Loading Video...

Unfortunately he lost me at "I'm going to assume you have the upgraded address disruptor and field disruptor"...

I went through this area by area and still no luck. Super stuck right after getting the high-jump and lab coat.

Indi: Can't make the first jump

Kur: There's a save point with two rooms above it that require power-ups, can't go there. Then there's a hallway above that that leads to a powerup (which I got) and a tight gap I can't get through. Up top there are 2 doors I can't get through and an outside area that I can't do anything in (jumps I can't make and double-blocks I can't phase through).

Zi: Upper right there's a small 1x1 square unexplored but seems to just be the ceiling area. There's also what looks like a powerup here that I can't pick up, shoot, or do anything with - like a red sphere on the floor.

To the left of that is a save point that leads to another "too high" jump.

There are two doors further down that require some powerup. And then there's the sleeping robot and another one of those small gaps. I also see floor above the robot doesn't actually exist on the map, but can't do anything with that either. Apart from that it seems fully explored. And from the steam room in Zi I can't make the jump back to Absu or whatever it was called.

edit: nvm, I'm an idiot. Just because I can't phase through the blocks at the outdoor area doesn't mean I can't drill through them. Found the gassy guys now.

WesternWizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found it crazy how much stuff I found once I got unstuck from this point. Right after I think I ended up with the upgraded Address Disruptor, the drone, AND the grappling hook. Also ended up finding a hidden side area with a shot size upgrade that was super weird (do they ever explain WTF is up with those parts of the map?)