PC minimum requirements changed and AMD cards...

• 170 results
OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

.. are having 'issues'

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Update-on-PC-Minimum-Specs/m-p/569523

The minimum specs for Batman: Arkham Knight for PC have been adjusted and are listed below.

We also want to note that there are some known issues with the performance of Batman: Arkham Knight for PC owners using AMD graphics cards. We are working closely with AMD to rectify these issues as quickly as possible and will provide updates here as they become available. We thank you for your patience in this matter.

MINIMUM:

OS: Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)

Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz

Memory: 6 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (2 GB Memory Minimum) | AMD Radeon HD 7950 (3 GB Memory Minimum)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband Internet connection required

Hard Drive: 45 GB available space

Goddamn, so according to this i can only play this game on low with my 7950 and even then it may not even work proper. smfh

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Man...AMD GPU users have really been getting the short end of the stick lately.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's ridiculous. My 7950 shouldn't be the minimum.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seems like this is the new normal for pc games. seems like less time is being taken to optimization for pc users. I dont know if this is because they find most pc only users already have powerful regs or what

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OurSin_360

@personandstuff said:

The real fucked up thing is, I believe the r9 equivalent was said to be the recommended before. I've been thinking of upgrading, i may ride to best buy and get this 970 tomorrow. Already bought the game so the free code will be useless maybe i'll give it away on here or something if i decide to get it.

I kinda want to stay with AMD just because the only thing keeping cards affordable is the competition, and once that's gone nvidia will be charging out the ass.

First i'm going to see how this shit plays, already know gameworks will be useless even though they got it working on amd ps4 hardware....smh

Edit: You know thinking about this, how the hell can this shit run on ps4 and xbox one ( low end amd gpu's) and run like shit on better amd hardware?? Did they literally not test any amd cards at all?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^Yes, and that was the previous Recommended

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/207511695917042396

Amd has released a new driver already, supposedly fixes some of whatever the issues this game is having.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

How long before AMD claims Nvidia sabotaged it?

In all seriousness, that really sucks.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly that's two gameworks exclusives in a row that have issues with AMD hardware. Granted Witcher 3 had issues even with older Nvidia hardware, and i wouldn't doubt this one will too so, maybe gameworks is just garbage?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^^Yes, and that was the previous Recommended

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/207511695917042396

Amd has released a new driver already, supposedly fixes some of whatever the issues this game is having.

That's pretty fast for a Catalyst driver, good for them.

That is strange why they would change the recommended minimum spec GPU to essentially the same card, just with a different name. Unless there are bigger differences between the R9 280 and 7950 that I'm unaware of.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Smh I have to upgrade my Graphics Card and power supply to play this game.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leejunfan83: What are you running right now? Maybe wait until the game is actually out and see what kind of performance people with similar specs are getting.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

@leejunfan83: What are you running right now? Maybe wait until the game is actually out and see what kind of performance people with similar specs are getting.

I have a Nvidia 645 1 gb

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb said:

I have a Nvidia 645 1 gb

You'd have to upgrade that GPU to play pretty much anything.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mike

@korwin said:
@leejunfan83 said:
@mb said:

I have a Nvidia 645 1 gb

Yeah...I was going to say. The GeForce 645 was a low end OEM only card when it came out a couple of years ago.

Is this a prebuilt? Something like a Dell perhaps?

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By leejunfan83

@mb said:
@korwin said:
@leejunfan83 said:
@mb said:

I have a Nvidia 645 1 gb

Yeah...I was going to say. The GeForce 645 was a low end OEM only card when it came out a couple of years ago.

Yeah a prebuilt Alienware X51 r2. The highest card I am able to upgrade to is a Nvidia 750ti I'm not even sure that will be good enough.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hmm, I hope this isn't indicative of wider problems. Rocksteady and WB have a spotty record on PC, and it doesn't seem like anybody's gotten their hands on that version of the game yet.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mike

Yeah a prebuilt Alienware X51 r2. The highest card I am able to upgrade to is a Nvidia 750ti I'm not even sure that will be good enough.

You may want to look into the R9 Nano when it becomes available, which is supposed to be this summer. It's targeted at people with low end power supplies and prebuilts, it will probably have about the same power requirements as the 750 Ti and be far more powerful.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Junkboy

@oursin_360 said:

Honestly that's two gameworks exclusives in a row that have issues with AMD hardware. Granted Witcher 3 had issues even with older Nvidia hardware, and i wouldn't doubt this one will too so, maybe gameworks is just garbage?

Gameworks is garbage as it only exists to hurt AMD performance AND older NV hardware how fucked up is that! My 780 has been mostly fine with everything but still leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By korwin

@leejunfan83 said:
@mb said:
@korwin said:
@leejunfan83 said:
@mb said:

I have a Nvidia 645 1 gb

I think you'll find that the R2 has enough juice to run a GTX 960 (they upgraded the power supply from the R1). You'd just need to make sure you get one that can fit inside that chassis.

leejunfan83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By leejunfan83
@mb said:
@leejunfan83 said:

You may want to look into the R9 Nano when it becomes available, which is supposed to be this summer. It's targeted at people with low end power supplies and prebuilts, it will probably have about the same power requirements as the 750 Ti and be far more powerful.

Thanks I never even heard of it I will keep my eye on it.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I was still using my 570 (SLI even?), I get the idea I would have been screwed.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@junkboy0 said:
@oursin_360 said:

Gameworks is garbage as it only exists to hurt AMD performance AND older NV hardware how fucked up is that! My 780 has been mostly fine with everything but still leaves a terrible taste in my mouth.

Gameworks was giving me a 20fps hit on MKX. The program is trash.

clonecam117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an AMD Radeon HD 8650G Dual Graphics system with 6GB of memory, 12 gigs of RAM and the latest updated AMD drivers. Have I been completely shafted? I just wanna play even on the lowest settings, I don't care.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My 660 remains clinging to modern games by a thread!

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By korwin

I have an AMD Radeon HD 8650G Dual Graphics system with 6GB of memory, 12 gigs of RAM and the latest updated AMD drivers. Have I been completely shafted? I just wanna play even on the lowest settings, I don't care.

That's an APU gpu, I wouldn't expect miracles.

Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 15.6 Beta Windows Driver
Performance and Stability improvements for Batman™: Arkham Knight
Important Note:
AMD Crossfire support is currently disabled for Batman™: Arkham Knight while AMD works closely with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to resolve the issue. An update for this issue will be released as soon as it is available
Known Issues:
[422129] Batman™: Arkham Knight – The application may crash during in game benchmarking or while exiting the game
[422130] Batman™: Arkham Knight – The screen may turn black or pink while changing resolution to 1680x1050.
Zlimness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

So I'll just wait a couple of months for new drivers and patches before buying the game then.

clonecam117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korwin: Will I at least be able to actually start the game on the lowest dog-crap settings?

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm puzzled, is the game really that cutting edge graphics wise or is it just poor optimization?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Gonna need a lot of power to process all that rain!

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It seems really good so far, but man, my PC can barely run it. The game looks great even with all low settings but the framerate keeps dropping, especially when I move the camera around outside. I'm using a 560 Ti which is an old card but this is the first game I haven't been able to run decently even on low. It's definitely time to upgrade my card but I might have to slog through the frame drops for a while which is disappointing.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Can anyone with a GTX 980/970 comment on their performance? I'm seeing complaints across the board regarding major stuttering, before and after removing the supposed 30-fps lock.

mmzOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm running it on 980Ti everything maxed (gameworks and all ) and it runs just fine. At least I haven't noticed any slowdowns.

Can anyone with a GTX 980/970 comment on their performance? I'm seeing complaints across the board regarding major stuttering, before and after removing the supposed 30-fps lock.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By conmulligan
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mike

Just give it time. I'd like to see what things look like for a variety of configurations once more people have reported their experiences with the game, and maybe after a patch or two and maybe another driver update. On the bright side for us SLI users, looks like the GeForce 353.30 Arkham Knight driver includes an SLI profile already.

Stuff like this is just one of the many reasons why I don't preorder games. I'll just wait patiently until it's confirmed that the game actually runs well on rigs similar to mine.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Junkboy

@mb said:

Stuff like this is just one of the many reasons why I don't preorder games. I'll just wait patiently until it's confirmed that the game actually runs well on rigs similar to mine.

Yup I'm having a harder and harder time buying games when they're new in an attempt to support devs I like. I think in a few years the only thing I'll be buying day one will be Kojima and Persona games.

Hopefully some of the stuff gets sorted in the next couple of weeks. AMD and NV already released super fast drivers so hopefully further tweaks are equally as fast.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh...my 670 did fine with Witcher 3. I really hope I this game doesn't catch my PC on fire tonight.

I'm waiting for just one more gen to upgrade my GPU. That 970ti looks nice but if I can stretch until Pascal I'll be happy.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing that will be very interesting is the Linux version of this game later on in the year, I wonder what flavour of OpenGL they will use.

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, as a beginner PC gamer, would you guys happen to know where I stack up? I have a GTX 680 and an i5-3570k, 3.40 GHz. A few days ago, I was okay. Would I still be able to run it at 1080p60, turning down some of the settings? I value framerate above fidelity.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, as a beginner PC gamer, would you guys happen to know where I stack up? I have a GTX 680 and an i5-3570k, 3.40 GHz. A few days ago, I was okay. Would I still be able to run it at 1080p60, turning down some of the settings? I value framerate above fidelity.

Leave all the gameworks crap off and set everything to "normal" which appears to mean PS4 details.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Specs look similar to TW3. Was hoping this game would perform better, but not so hopeful anymore (running a laptop with 650m :D)

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By John1912

I hope the game runs better then AC does. I just loaded that up the other day on a GTX 770 4 GB and had to turn the physics off completely. The game would drop to 30-40 FPS which should be playable, but it was slow and choppy. Looked and felt more like it was running at 20 FPS. The game still had some frame drops into the 40s here and there.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like the game is a complete disaster on AMD cards.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Performance sounds like a mess, regardless. That being said, I really can't wait to switch back to nVidia when I build a new PC early next year. I ran with multiple nVidia cards for a solid 10 years with no problems, until the price point of the r9 280x sounded appealing enough to switch over when it was time for an upgrade. What a fuckin' mistake that was, nothing but problems and shitty drivers. Not long ago they went over 3 months without any new drivers.

AMD: Never Again™

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ow my r9 290

i was about to bite too. but i also get a feeling people are exaggerating the fucked-ness.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam said:

but i also get a feeling people are exaggerating the fucked-ness.

SOP

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By OurSin_360

For those playing, did they release the day one patch? If not then that may fix a few of the issues.

I'm tempted to go get a 970 tommorow, I almost ordered one today. And i wonder if those screen shots are with gameworks? Pretty sure that won't run on amd and be offloaded to a cpu and have terrible performance.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#49  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I haven't finished downloading it yet, but at least I got it for free with my new video card if it proves unplayable.I can wait till they iron out the problems. (Day one PC patch incoming?) On a related note, I really wish devs could fix this stuff before they push a title out the door. I understand games are getting bigger and more complicated, but a broken launch really leaves a bad taste the consumer's mouth. Especially for a single player, offline based game.

Edit: Well, it's definitely playable for me, but nowhere near what I should be getting with my rig. That 30 fps cap is a bummer.

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AMD Crossfire support is currently disabled for Batman™: Arkham Knight while AMD works closely with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to resolve the issue. An update for this issue will be released as soon as it is available.

Livin' the dream! Ask me about the Crossfire Experience!*

*Don't ask me unless you're in the mood for a rant.