Battlefield 1, thousands of users getting DirectX crashes, 27+ days and no fix, 335+ page BF forum thread

crazy8cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By crazy8cs

No one is reporting on this, there is a massive 335+ page thread over on the Battlefield Forums that has been going on for 27+ days now, thousands of people who bought the game across Windows 7,8,10 and across AMD & NVIDIA are all having this issue and they meet the minimum specs, I have this crash and I have an i3-6100 and RX 480 8gb, it seems that most people suffering from this have a GTX 770, but there are people with 980Ti's and 1070's and any other card you can probably think of having this game breaking crash happen constantly.

I'm here to spread the word, this is inexcusable on DICE's part, they've barely acknowledged that this is even happening, they are downplaying the severity of this, the thread has over 500,000 views and NO fix. Myself and thousands of others can barely play a whole match without this crash, and it's so random, sometimes you crash 5 times in a row in a span of 20 minutes, and sometimes you can play a whole day perfectly crash free.

Here's the thread I'm talking about:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/comment/429871#Comment_429871

I urge you all to spread the word about this, DICE has essentially ignored us thus far. This is unacceptable, people getting this crash preventing them from playing the game deserve a full refund. In those 335+ pages people have tried every possible fix under the sun, this is down to DICE, no more haphazard "fixes" from the community that people come up with that do nothing, It's DICE's problem, and it's too late for patience, nearly a month out and people can barely play the game, it's absurd.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Have you been denied a refund?

crazy8cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dharmabum: Yes, although my case might be different than most but it is still ridiculous, I was on a live chat with EA customer service and made a case with the warranty, I explained my situation but didn't mention that thousands of other people were in the same boat as me and they said that since I purchased my Key from a CD Key site instead of directly through Origin that I had to take it up with them, and the Key site I got it from, along with every other CD Key site in the world I'd imagine, doesn't have a return policy.

I'm surprised the massive thread of people having this issue has stayed contained for nearly a month, but I have hope since the latest BF1 patch has made things worse for this crash and I've noticed many new people that are posting in the BF forum thread so hopefully the word will start getting out there more, I made a twitter account just to spread this to game websites and prominent guys like Jeff, Vinny, SuperBestFriends Cast guys, etc. I'm not familiar with twitter that much so maybe that's not the route to go though, I don't know. I just want myself and everyone else in that thread to be able to get a refund, it's too late for a patch, I've even heard that some people even had this same issue with BF4 and had to wait a year for a patch that finally fixed the crashing. After this I don't think I'll be buying DICE / EA games anymore. I spent $400+ on a new CPU and GPU just to be able to play BF1 on high / ULTRA settings and this crap happens...

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DharmaBum

@crazy8cs: Well that sounds like a shitty situation, dude. DICE are known for respecting the PC audience, so if it's affecting enough people I'm sure they will have to take notice. Perhaps because the game is doing so well for them in general they don't consider it a "priority" at the moment.

crazy8cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crazy8cs

@dharmabum: Yeah it really sucks, although some are saying that they think the culprit is actually EA forcing DICE to release the game before fully testing it on diverse enough hardware configs but that's just hearsay. I don't know, either way I'm just here to spread awareness of what's happening. I like DICE in general, but this is unacceptable whether or not the blame is on DICE or EA, a thread about a specific crash bug that has 500,000+ views and a month after the fact nothing has been fixed after people already payed for the game.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I had that crash as well, fixed it with a combo of turning off origin's in-game overlay and validating the game files.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I had no tech issues with the game but the immature racist community turn me off looks like alot of the COD kids switched to BF.

Avatar image for deactivated-5879a8792e775
deactivated-5879a8792e775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazy8cs: Sounds like your mistake was buying from cdkeys unfortunately. That's the risk with buying keys.

crazy8cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beardandcompany: @yothatlimp: Yeah, that was one of the first things I did, I even disabled all of Origins notifications because whenever I got an Achievement or whenever a Friend went online it would make my game go from Fullscreen to Windowed mode once ANY type of notification popped up through Origin. I also validated / repaired / re-downloaded again and tried many of the fixes in that thread I posted, pre-patch it was still a major issue but somewhat tolerable, after this latest patch I'm lucky if I can play ONE match of any gamemode.

"Sounds like your mistake was buying from cdkeys unfortunately. That's the risk with buying keys." - In terms of the refund situation definitely, I had no idea such a stupid rule like that existed for Origin, you'd think they'd let you show proof of purchase through online PayPal or bank receipts to give you back the exact amount you payed.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazy8cs said:

I'm here to spread the word,

And spread the word you did! I was just looking at BF1 prices online to buy a copy next week.

Guess I'll stick to BF4 until BF1 is fixed.

Thanks bud!

crazy8cs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@howardian: lol, glad I can at least save one soul from this torment.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazy8cs said:

@beardandcompany: @yothatlimp: Yeah, that was one of the first things I did, I even disabled all of Origins notifications because whenever I got an Achievement or whenever a Friend went online it would make my game go from Fullscreen to Windowed mode once ANY type of notification popped up through Origin. I also validated / repaired / re-downloaded again and tried many of the fixes in that thread I posted, pre-patch it was still a major issue but somewhat tolerable, after this latest patch I'm lucky if I can play ONE match of any gamemode.

"Sounds like your mistake was buying from cdkeys unfortunately. That's the risk with buying keys." - In terms of the refund situation definitely, I had no idea such a stupid rule like that existed for Origin, you'd think they'd let you show proof of purchase through online PayPal or bank receipts to give you back the exact amount you payed.

Bummer! Have you tried windowed/borderless/full screen changes?

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

@howardian said:

And spread the word you did! I was just looking at BF1 prices online to buy a copy next week.

Thanks bud!

A bit of a shame, though, since BF1 is a better game than BF4 ever was and the vast majority of people don't suffer from this issue whatsoever

Buy through Origin and you're guaranteed a refund within 48 hrs, plenty of time to see if there are any technical issues on your end

Avatar image for deactivated-5879a8792e775
deactivated-5879a8792e775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand why Origin wouldn't refund you when you bought it from cdkeys.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am getting a your GFX driver crashed error from time to time. but by all i think it works fine. Try playing that new Forza on PC now that port has some major issues.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the first I've heard about this. Not denying there's an issue (obviously there is), but how do I keep lucking out of bad PC experiences? My hardware isn't that much better than most others, and the last bunch of "omg this game is fucked!" events have somehow missed me. Again, I'm not being the "doesn't happen to me so it's not a problem" guy. More just baffled how people with identical or better hardware can have totally different experiences. It must be a nightmare trying to track down and fix these types of bugs.

My only issue with BF1 is that if I hit escape while in the customization menu (instead of clicking "back"), I can't get out of the menu to start playing again. No random crashes. Never dips below 60fps on ultra at 1440p. Same with Forza Horizon 3. I thought these were great versions of the game before reading forums. =/

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Damn that sucks. Refund stuff makes sense though, no merchant anywhere is going to refund you for a purchase you made with someone else, they can only refund purchases you made with them. Warrantys also come with a purchase too, in general, so one provided via origin wouldn't be provided via a key seller. Hopefully they can fix the issue though, I'm sure they are working on it.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually, OP I remember what fixed it for me (GTX 970). I had to turn off DX12 to get it working again, DX12 is still totally broken for me in fullscreen.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@howardian said:

Thanks bud!

A bit of a shame, though, since BF1 is a better game than BF4 ever was and the vast majority of people don't suffer from this issue whatsoever

Buy through Origin and you're guaranteed a refund within 48 hrs, plenty of time to see if there are any technical issues on your end

So I ended up buying it and I'm having zero issues, just FYI.

But I don't think it's better than BF4, everybody's just running around shooting at far away enemies (I bet half the players are squinting), there's no sense of purpose at all, I don't feel the cohesion I felt in BF4, however I do feel the disturbed adrenaline rush and desperation to survive that I felt when I played Call of Duty 4, 5 and 6 online. Is this what you want out of a Battlefield game? Not me, there's supposed to be a larger sense of purpose.