Please help

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I have family coming over for the holidays and one of those members is really into WW2 shooters. Since both are pretty cheap right now I was going to purchase both COD WW2 and Battlefield V. My question is, if I buy them used will I have to also purchase anything to play online? Or do I need to purchase new copies of both in order to also play online?

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No, you should be good; online passes are thankfully a thing of the past. You will need an Xbox Live Gold or PlayStation Plus subscription to play online, though.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If your playing on console I think you just need ps plus / Xbox subscription to play online. Most publishers get their money through micro transactions.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conmulligan: Thank you so much. I remember online passes back in the day but I haven't purchased a Battlefield or COD game in so long I wasn't sure.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Just FYI, as someone who owns both games, CoD WWII is basically the CoD twitch shooter it's been for the last several entries with a WWII skin slapped on it, whereas Battlefield V actually plays it somewhat authentic. I don't know what your relative prefers there, but they play very differently.

Spiritgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notnert427: I'm not sure what he prefers, that was kind of the reason I was going to get both.

Thanks everyone. Just purchased both used and saved a bit of money in the process. Hopefully he'll be happy with either or both.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

COD ww2 has paid content available, but plenty to enjoy without it. BFV is all there for everyone. Only cod has local play though

nateandrews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 12

Battlefield V has really come into its own recently. It's post-launch support is still going strong and getting better bit by bit.