Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Sad times, he scored the soundtrack to many of my childhood afternoons.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Well that hurts.
RIP Ben Daglish, I'll never forget you.

I used to load up my C64 games just to listen to Ben's (and others') music while doing my homework, something that really confused my mom since she'd think I'd be playing video games instead. And I was like "No mom, I'm just listening to the tunes!"
Sometimes though I really wanted the Wilderness tune from The Last Ninja so I would have to speed run through level 1 just to hear it. I tried to explain to her that it was like finding the record you wanted to listen to (but also getting to play a game while doing so!).

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I didn't grow up with the C64 so I'm not familiar with Ben, but those are some choice tunes. The composers thriving in the 80's did so much to influence game music today so I know he demands respect.

52 is such a young age, RIP.

thelastgogeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like csl316, I didn't grow up with the C64 or Ben's work but respect the legacy of the games that I missed. It is a real shame that he passed so early and I appreciate the tunes which were shared.

pauljeremiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By pauljeremiah

Love his music for the Last Ninja series, so sorry to have heard he has died, RIP Ben.

Bunnyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man. I remember knowing his name even as a young kid. Hubbard and Daglish were the big names. Huge impact on so many people.

Lung cancer. Very sad.

Thanks, Ben Daglish!