Season Pass. Yay or Nay?

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Season Pass. Yay or Nay? (172 votes)

Yay 49%
Nay 51%

They are offering a season pass for Infinite and I was wondering your guy's thoughts on it. It seems like a good deal, but I kind of don't want a bunch of perks and whatnot. Could the DLC be good? Saints Row 3's season pass comes to mind.

• 
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I have learned that DLC can be extremely hit or miss, so, I'll play it by ear.

zels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By zels

Season Passes are about as stupid as pre-orders imo. Unless something is in a limited supply there's just no point to them.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

How the fuck should we know? But as a general rule, DLC season passes are a poor investment unless you KNOW you want it all. For example, if you really like Halo, then sure, you probably want all the DLC maps. Otherwise, I find that I just choose the 1 or 2 pieces if DLC that actually seem appealing.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Saints Row The Third, I'll be waiting until actual DLC before buying a season pass.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to wait until all three pieces are released, if all three are decent enough chunks of content then I'll probably get the season pass, otherwise I'll just individually download the ones I'm interested in.

If they turn out to be packs basically just expanding the gear and vigors available to you without anything great in terms of story I'll probably give the season a pass.

Zephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

. Not sure I would be happy to have filler DLC, the way ME3 did it put me off.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#8  Edited By tearhead

I liked the story and world so much that anything relating to it, I feel I would like to experience, so I bought the season pass after giving it much thought. I feel like I trust Irrational enough to give me some quality stuff.

The only other season passes I ever bought were for Battlefield 3 and L.A. Noire, and I felt like I got my money's worth.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By BeachThunder

In before nothing but combat arenas.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@zephan said:

. Not sure I would be happy to have filler DLC, the way ME3 did it put me off.

Think if they did release DLC for this game it would have to be prequel stuff. I'd be cool with playing the game with prequel stuff through the antagonists point of view. I know irrational didn't develop Bioshock 2 but that Minerva Den DLC was fantastic.

Zephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zephan

@i_stay_puft Good point. Have heard many great things about that DLC for Bioshock 2. I'll have to try it one day.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully yay, because I bought it in a weak moment late at night after finishing the game...

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

if its your first run through i found the cloths they give you with the pass fairly useful like the 75% more clip capacity or doing shock damage with a melee attack but as for the actual dlc we dont know what they will be

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cameron

I'll wait until the season pass is on sale for about $10. That's what I did for Borderlands 2 and that worked out great. As long as the season pass has a Steam code (which it does) then someone will put it on sale eventually.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the season pass but they jury is still out on whether or not that was a poor decision. I'd say wait.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully yay but I'm sure that there'll be at least one dud DLC in the bunch as there always is.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Since they are offering a Season Pass that must mean they have at least 3 pieces of DLC lined up I assume and that's the most important thing for me.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Saints Row The Third, I'll be waiting until actual DLC before buying a season pass.

my thoughts exactly. and waiting for it, maybe i can catch it on sale at some point even if they aren't the greatest dlc.

galloughs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would never pay up front for something that I had no way of knowing I'd enjoy or not, specifically in this sort of pseudo-contractual sort of season pass way. I'd rather wait to find out if each piece sounds interesting, and buy it based on that.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I would definitely pay money for more quality content based in Columbia, but I'm going to wait and see what the first set of DLC looks like, if it's good, I'll probably just pony up for the Season Pass at that point.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait till I hear more about the DLC.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22  Edited By Yanngc33

If you really want more Infinite, than you should probably get the season pass. I loved Saints Row 3 to the point that I was unable to see that the DLC wasn't great. I was just happy to be playing more Saints Row, regardless of quality.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Where is the option to vote "Yea"? That's what I would have voted.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@zels said:

Season Passes are about as stupid as pre-orders imo. Unless something is in a limited supply there's just no point to them.

How so? If you mean pre-paying before knowing the quality of the content, then yes that would be stupid. But what does getting a discount for buying all at once have to do with unlimited supplies?

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After beating the game, i honestly have no idea lol. I'll have to wait until they release the first DLC, i'd love to get back into the world, but not sure how they can do it well.

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I missed out on the early bird stuff I will wait

zels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How so? If you mean pre-paying before knowing the quality of the content, then yes that would be stupid.

That was my first point.

My second point was that incredibly early pre-purchasing (of both, DLCs and full game releases) would only make sense from the customer's point of view if the product was in limited supply.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Bell_End

yeah i bought it, it was only £16. if it ends up being shit im sure i will get over the loss.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it before I bought the game.

Can you tell that I trust Irrational?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll see what they announce first, but after having finished the game last night, I'm definitely interested in what they're planning.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Season Passes are always a gamble unless you're willing to wait for the actual content to come out so the people who were suckered into buying one can tell you if its any good or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I normally don't subscribe the to the idea of a season pass for the reasons argued here already, but if you know you're going to buy the DLC anyway, why not buy upfront with a discount? I want more of this game. Lots more.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By eskimo

Pass

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Funkydupe

No way. I don't need more side-stories or prequel content for Infinite. I thought the game was fun but I won't play it again, the combat wasn't all that.

syzygyeolith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Against my better judgement, I did buy the season pass.

Having now finished the game, I'll be really disappointed if it's just new gear or tonics. Best case though, is it's something like Minervias Den, which I really did enjoy from Bioshock 2.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn that's a near perfect split.

Chtasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Season Passes in general?

No!

Season Pass for Bioshock Infinite?

No...

thetenthdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By thetenthdoctor

Pack 1: "Chesty Elizabeth" skin. Miss the more sexy Elizabeth from the 2011 E3 videos? Well now you can venture back into the mysterious world of Columbia, only this time accompanied by a more nubile and anime-esque companion!! ($10 / 800ms points, free for season pass holders)

Pack 2: "Trashman". Tired of Booker's cleptomaniac scouring of trash cans resulting in the same boring cotton candy and apples? With the exclusive "Trashman pack", Columbia's refuse and detritus reaches dizzying new height of realism with exclusive items such as half eaten sandwiches, melted milkshakes and rotten apples! ($10 / 800ms points, free for season pass holders. Rotten apple item exclusive to Xbox owners )

Pack 3: "Father Comstock's Heavenly Brawl-a-Thon". With the exclusive Brawl-a-Thon pack, re-enter the violent and brutal world of Columbia with your fully upgraded Booker and do battle against waves of Comstock's most fearsome creations! Includes INSANE Vigor upgrades like "Ultra Shock", which instantly electrocutes and kills any living creature within a 14 mile radius. Think you can handle THREE robo-Washingtons at once while being attacked by a Handyman AND Boy of Silence? Find out by downloading today! ($15 / 1200ms points, free for season pass holders)

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill wait on it in case it turns out to be shit DLC.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

No just buy the DLC when it comes out that you want, why would you gamble on DLC for like 10% of the final price upfront?

I really would love the DLC to be something big, like you play as comstock creating Columbia and fighting off the Chinese, but I will only give them my money if it's worthwhile.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gaminghooligan

@beachthunder said:

I have learned that DLC can be extremely hit or miss, so, I'll play it by ear.

^^^^^^^^^

OP said it best, Saints Row 3 burned me (still love that base game) so I'll wait and see. If we get another dlc like Minerva's Den then I'm on board.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't go for the season pass since I have absolutely no idea what the DLC is going to be, and if Saints Row 3 taught us anything, its that even good games can have pretty awful DLC.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Paying for bad content without knowing about it first hand is always worst than paying more later if the content turns out great.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ottoman673

Yeah, but only because Gamestop threw in the Strategy Guide with art for free.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By szlifier

Can I pre-order it?

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

I went ahead and caved and got the Season Pass because I read that it gives you 5 more infusions and Gold Guns, and I need those gold guns for my 1999 run. Only the most falsest of shepherds walk with gold guns.

I was kind of bummed that, although you get 5 more infusions, you have to pick them up at the Blue Ribbon almost at the beginning, and by the time I bought the Pass, I was already up to Finkton Docks. Maybe next time, on 1987 mode.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The season pass comes free with the game in my country.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will buy the season pass when there are two packs out and they seem worthwhile. I'm not going to buy content that hasn't even been announced beyond, "we'll make some things."

People here are down about season passes. I have no problem with them. It's a discount over the normal DLC price (or tends to be. if not, you're doing something really dumb by buying). The problem is buying it before you know what you're getting.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I may have already bought it.

Hzaife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers