Other MMOs with similar style combat?

Vessel28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't played B&S as I was put off by it being F2P but am curious about a game called Black Desert which I believe is buy once and play for free like Guild Wars 2. People seem to like it for its gameplay but I'm going to wait for some actual impressions at release before deciding to try it out.

Here's a video.

geekpobre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Black Desert is originally a F2P game, Daum changed the business model for the US and EU but it's still not clear how it will work. I'd say wait a few months before to see how they sell stuff on their cash shop.

There is also the issue with how much content the game has. From what i read the korean version is shifting their focus back and forth with PvP and PvE content constantly and both sides suffers from not enough stuff to do. While that's fine in a F2P game it's less fine in a B2P one.

davesf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Don't be diacouraged by the F2P moniker. Today games are all becoming shades of grey between cash/sub/f2p.

Overall, the monitization feels very similar to wow.. Because you want to buy the premium monthly sub if you like the game. Just like wow, they sell vanity items in the store, but IMO the in game costume drops are better. The shop costumes are kitchy out-of-lore things like a santa outfit. As a bonus, if your interest in the game fades, you can stop paying premium and still login occasionall.. Unlike subscription requires mmos.

As a former long term hardcore wow player, i find BnS really fun. Combat is really engaging and fun, in a totally different way than wow. Endgame instances are hard in a fun way.

The storyline is a single linear arc which feels alot like diablo. It also has *tons* of voiceover and cutscenes. I skippeed most of it, but if you are into that sort of thing, its there. Reaching levelcap is quicker than wow (fastest is 10 hours played).