Umbasa!

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Sterling

Good thing it starts so early. Mine will just be done by about the time it unlocks at 9pm PDT tomorrow.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Praise the Moon!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shindig

Dear me, Leave it til copies flood the preowned market. Sincerely, your conscience.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any word on when it's going to unlock? When is it usually?

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By snakeitachi

Umbasa! Shame we also gotta download the 3GB patch before play....ugh.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By rethla

I guess this is from America since i cant find anywhere to preload.

@snakeitachi said:

Well i would assume the game is like 40Gb so why does an 3Gb patch matter?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I guess us in the UK will have to wait until Wed/Thu. Darn these different release dates.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sunbrozak said:

I guess us in the UK will have to wait until Wed/Thu. Darn these different release dates.

You could make a US PSN/Amazon account and buy PSN credit through Amazon and pre-order the game that way. It works out around £10 cheaper and you get the game early. I'm at 25.36 GB / 29.88 GB as I type this. The game is playable just fine on your main PSN account as well, so you only need the US one to buy it.

snakeitachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@snakeitachi said:

I'm getting the physical version. I'm impatient for this game, and i want to play this greatness right away.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Shindig

And you paid £50 for it. Tee hee.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@snakeitachi: Well yeh in that case i understand but since this thread was about preloading i assumed you bought it digital :)

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By HH

@snakeitachi said:

@rethla said:

@snakeitachi said:

I'm getting the physical version. I'm impatient for this game, and i want to play this greatness right away.

i was going to get the physical too but i found out the other day it's sellling for 15 euro more than the digital where I live. 75 as opposed to 60 made me change my mind quick. even if i got it off amazon it would add up to the same with postage.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By emfromthesea

@cale said:

@sunbrozak said:

You could make a US PSN/Amazon account and buy PSN credit through Amazon and pre-order the game that way. It works out around £10 cheaper and you get the game early. I'm at 25.36 GB / 29.88 GB as I type this. The game is playable just fine on your main PSN account as well, so you only need the US one to buy it.

Bah, I didn't think that would work with the wording on PSN pre-orders. Figured it would need a debit card to take the money from, as opposed to removing it from the PSN wallet. Oh well.

@shindig There's a promotion currently going on where if you top up £50 on PSN using PayPal, you get £10 extra, so it kinda works out to be £40.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's neat, actually. I still won't bite as I've made a commitment to get deep into Dark / Demon's Souls and then move on to Dark Souls 2 but, if my PS4 had nothing to do, I'd bite.

And paying more for the physical copy doesn't make a lot of sense. Seems like that should be the other way round. Is that normal for the Eurozone's current economic climate or is Bloodborne a special case?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@snakeitachi said:

Is it at all possible to download the 3gb patch without having the game yet? How will I manage to play the game on mindnight (getting retail disk) if I have to come home and download a large patch?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shindig said:

That's neat, actually. I still won't bite as I've made a commitment to get deep into Dark / Demon's Souls and then move on to Dark Souls 2 but, if my PS4 had nothing to do, I'd bite.

And paying more for the physical copy doesn't make a lot of sense. Seems like that should be the other way round. Is that normal for the Eurozone's current economic climate or is Bloodborne a special case?

Bloodborne seems to be a special case. Most of the time the "big" digital games on Sony and Microsoft platforms charge a premium to make up for retailers undercutting their prices. Sites like GAME and Amazon may initially sell the new next gen games for over £40, especially during pre-orders, but the price typically comes down to £40 closer to release. I don't know what's up with Bloodborne.

ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@snakeitachi said:

@rethla said:

@snakeitachi said:

Is it at all possible to download the 3gb patch without having the game yet? How will I manage to play the game on mindnight (getting retail disk) if I have to come home and download a large patch?

What i'm wondering as well

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

T-minus 10 hours before the pre-load gets hacked and datamined and the ending cutscene is uploaded to YouTube

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin: I'm not sure about the physical version, but the preload for the digital version includes the Day one patch. It seems doubtful that the patch would be available separately, but it couldn't hurt to check PSN.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@humanity said:

T-minus 10 hours before the pre-load gets hacked and datamined and the ending cutscene is uploaded to YouTube

People have already beaten it, thanks to early copies.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bocam: Damn they beat the hackers by more conventional means

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

anybody knows when the embargo is up? I'm never going to fully buy a game before reviews are out.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

The game was beaten a few days after scans appeared for Edge's first impressions. It's the reason for the 6 weapons and 6 guns in 40 hours thing that was going around last week. People were concerned about the lack of weapon variety mentioned in the Edge write up, but since then the weapon list has grown quite large.

I imagine all the cutscenes have already been recorded and are sitting on someone's drive until the game releases. Putting it out now will just result in the video getting taken down.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turboman: Sometime (I think 12 PM EDT) Monday

ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@humanity said:

The game was beaten a few days after scans appeared for Edge's first impressions. It's the reason for the 6 weapons and 6 guns in 40 hours thing that was going around last week. People were concerned about the lack of weapon variety mentioned in the Edge write up, but since then the weapon list has grown quite large.

I imagine all the cutscenes have already been recorded and are sitting on someone's drive until the game releases. Putting it out now will just result in the video getting taken down.

Been in the dark, but good to hear that. Even if it's smaller people don't realize that it's two weapons in one, transforming is amazing. Played the alpha, and there are so many weapon animations for each.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

lol didn't even think about the day 1 patch. Well damn so much for playing it immediately when I get home from GameStop.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is it only downloading 5 GB?

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@pyrodactyl: https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/2zx21i/preload_is_live/.compact

Put about 30 hours into dark souls but only ever got to the gaping demon. Going to make this the first souls game I beat

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@golguin said:

@humanity said:

Been in the dark, but good to hear that. Even if it's smaller people don't realize that it's two weapons in one, transforming is amazing. Played the alpha, and there are so many weapon animations for each.

The weapons and time thing is already more than I wanted to know.

I was watching some streams of this on PS4 (there are tons of people streaming it) and for better and worse it looks like Souls 4. I could swear the barrel shattering sound is the same as it's been in all the other games. Animations all look very similar. It's a cool setting for sure and I'm sure it will be really interesting to explore, but I can't hide a little disappointment that this doesn't seem as radically different from the previous entries as I had originally hoped.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@golguin said:

@humanity said:

I am all for less, but more meaningful weapons. As much as I love the huge variety of weapons that Dark Souls 1/2 had, a lot of the time I would find a weapon and go: "Hmm, yeah that's interesting, now I will unequip it and never look at it again because this Claymore is better". If finding weapons in Bloodborne is more "Oh shit, this probably does something awesome" and less "I'm never going to use this", then count me in.

Avatar image for a_cute_squirtle
A_Cute_Squirtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@pyrodactyl: I am also wondering this. Anyone else only downloading 5 gb?

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems the rest will download in the background

Dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@a_cute_squirtle said:

Yep, its the same as always, they really screwed up this part of the download process.

If you go to the bloodborne icon, hit options and go to Info it will tell you how much its downloaded so far of whatever size the game is. They need to do something about this process.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@a_cute_squirtle said:

Yep, its the same as always, they really screwed up this part of the download process.

If you go to the bloodborne icon, hit options and go to Info it will tell you how much its downloaded so far of whatever size the game is. They need to do something about this process.

Yeah no kidding, confusing and stupid all rolled into one.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov said:

@dark said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@a_cute_squirtle said:

I hate this as well. Is this not a new thing? This never happened to me until the Resident Evil re-release. I thought I downloaded the whole game and got to a door that I couldn't open and it told me the game wasn't finished downloading. Couldn't progress further so I had to quit out. All games before that never hid their full download percentage behind some menu crap.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@handlas said:

@karkarov said:

@dark said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@a_cute_squirtle said:

I hate this as well. Is this not a new thing? This never happened to me until the Resident Evil re-release. I thought I downloaded the whole game and got to a door that I couldn't open and it told me the game wasn't finished downloading. Couldn't progress further so I had to quit out. All games before that never hid their full download percentage behind some menu crap.

The worst case of this was the remake of GTA V for new consoles. I downloaded the file then when I launched the game I had to let it run in the background so that it could finish downloading the rest. Here's the real kicker, I decided to leave the console idle and apparently the consoles turns off when the console is idle. So when I turned it back on I had to start the download ALL over again. Either Sony needs to fix this or studios need to use this feature better.

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

@karkarov said:

@dark said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@a_cute_squirtle said:

The worst case of this was the remake of GTA V for new consoles. I downloaded the file then when I launched the game I had to let it run in the background so that it could finish downloading the rest. Here's the real kicker, I decided to leave the console idle and apparently the consoles turns off when the console is idle. So when I turned it back on I had to start the download ALL over again. Either Sony needs to fix this or studios need to use this feature better.

I'm by no means excusing this practice, but to be fair, you can disable the "shut console off when idle" thing, and you can still have it downloading stuff while in rest mode. It's not a solution, but at least you can blunt the problem a bit.

Giefcookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

EU psn now says "Expected Auto-Download date: 24/03/2015". Hopefully that means at 00:01 tonight, otherwise downloading 30gigs might be a little tight for me at least.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@handlas said:

@karkarov said:

@dark said:

@pyrodactyl said:

@a_cute_squirtle said:

Or you could just turn off the power saving mode so your console doesn't sleep after 3 hours...

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By strainedeyes

Or use Rest Mode. All my games download overnight or whatever without any issues and Bloodborne is good to go on my console.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Don't know if I should be getting this now or later with how many games in my backlog. I don't think I would be missing much getting it in a few months.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#44  Edited By geirr

My Nightmare Edition shipped today so it'll probably here tomorrow or the day after. Now I'll just pretend I don't want to purchase the game digitally and preload it and maybe be able to play it before the physical copy appears in the mail.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might go with digital on this one. I like the looks of the collectors edition with the artbook, but there's no way i'm paying £70 for it. Dark Souls was brilliant because the special edition was the same cost, as the normal. Digital pricing actually beats in-store for once.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Rafaelfc

I love preloading. But I hate knowing the game is installed and ready to go but I can't play it due to some arbitrary predetermined time.

I need a therapist

DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc: Same here I loved the idea at first. It is torture to me seeing the game ready to go and I can't touch it. All I can do is watch that timer tick down. Might try and get close to finishing Dying Light until it unlocks.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, i have every souls game but haven't beaten any of them. They always look like my type of game, but the lack of direction and story just makes me end up losing interest after a few hours. With that said, something still makes me want to buy this game but i know it'll just collect dust like the rest of them.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm by no means excusing this practice, but to be fair, you can disable the "shut console off when idle" thing, and you can still have it downloading stuff while in rest mode. It's not a solution, but at least you can blunt the problem a bit.

It isn't a big deal, my internet is very fast (5 gig takes like 10-15 minutes) and I was playing my PS4 anyway. It is just really annoying that there is not an easy way to just look at the preload and see outright if you have downloaded it, and there is absolutely no excuse for them making it look like a 5 gb download when it is actually a 29 gb download.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you go over "system storage management" and "applications," then pick the game that you're downloading (in my case today, Bloodborne), it'll show you how much is downloaded under "download status" I'm not sure why it makes it look like a 5GB download, they should fix that. It's a little burried, but the PS4 interface is pretty snappy. At 24.22 / 27.19 GB, my pre-load's almost done!

No Caption Provided