2012 GOTY Bombcast Unofficial Time Stamps (The Thread)

• 81 results
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By napalm

I literally won't remember half of the spoilers that actually spoiled games for me.

daltimond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By daltimond

Just wanted to say thanks for making this thread. I soon realized that since I havent played a lot of this years games, without this I wouldnt be able to safely listen to the majority of this end of the year content. Ive had to skipped half of the gameplay sections of the wrap up videos because I havent finished the games played.

whataboutb0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By whataboutb0b

Thanks for making this thread. Helped me a ton, but like napalm above me I prob wont remember half the spoilers anyways :) Question though: what is a "Rico moment" the Jeff spoke of in ep 1 at about the 1:33 mark? Is it like an uncle Rico type quote from Napoleon dynamite? Never heard that phrase

wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 38

#54  Edited By wumbo3000

God I love this thread. Have I mentioned that already? If I did, I'm gonna do it again. OP, you are my everything.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#55  Edited By MightyDuck

Thanks for doing this! Much appreciated.

This is the first year in quite a few that I've worried about spoilers. I'm still working my way through Walking Dead and Far Cry.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#56  Edited By pyromagnestir

@whataboutb0b:

Rico is a character in Killzone who does something dumb at the end of 2. And I probably won't remember a lot of the spoilers I hear if I go back and play the game a year later or something, but if I'd listened to the Walking Dead episode of the year award and heard them talk for like half an hour about the game some of it would surely stick. Or in the case of a game I was currently playing, like Spec Ops, I'd have been bummed if I had stuff spoiled right before I got to it.

And that Dragon's Dogma stuff is so nuts I'll probably remember that.

Today could be the big day, though. Giant Bomb's GOTY. If it is a 4 hour discussion is almost guaranteed, and a 5 or 6 hour podcast is not out of the realm of possibility. And spoilers might be flying every which way. Updates for this day might be very late and come very slow. We'll see, I suppose.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#57  Edited By wchigo  Online

@pyromagnestir:

I don't really get the Rico hate. Sure, he's a tad on the annoying and abrasive side, but even Vinny, usually the most laid back of the crew, seems to really despite the character. I mean, not like I think Rico's a great character or anything, just not quite sure why he gets so much animosity (to be fair, I didn't play the first Killzone so maybe I missed something there).

Oh 'eff ya. I heard Dragon's Dogma had great combat and like non-existent story, but that shit's crazy yo! Kind of want to go pick that up at some point when it's cheaper... but not sure it's worth it now that the curtain on the big moment has been pulled back.

mithhunter55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By mithhunter55

Great thread! I have thus far just been skiping ahead when ever walking dead is mentioned. I am still on episode 1.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By pyromagnestir

@wchigo: I never played any of the Killzone's so I don't really know either. I did read up on Killzone 2 and watch the ending on youtube recently after they yet again expressed their hate for Rico. It's been what, 2 years now? And he still gets brought up for being a dick? I had to see why. It does seem he does something pretty dumb, but I don't quite get why he's the go to reference for this sort of thing.

That Dragon's Dogma shit did sound nuts. Sometimes spoilers can motivate me to give a game a shot and thus be a good thing, this might be one of those times.

Seems like a pretty short podcast. Much shorter than I was expecting. Still I might not get around to listening to it for a little while. I hope Alex is on it. I was promised Alex!

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By wchigo  Online

@pyromagnestir:

Well, the shit he pulled at the end of 2 really was fucking dumb. Even I had that moment of "I know Visari's pushing buttons but what the fuck man? Are you THAT stupid?!"

I got the day off tomorrow. I stayed up thinking I might do the spoiler thing tonight but if I were to do that, it'd be at least 5am by the time I finish. Think I'll just leave it for tomorrow, if no one else has done it by then.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Looking forward to knowing what's in the GOTY section... I assume plenty. But want to know if I can listen in yet.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By BBQBram
@ArtisanBreads said:

Looking forward to knowing what's in the GOTY section... I assume plenty. But want to know if I can listen in yet.

Same here. All I care about is Walking Dead spoilers...
pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By pyromagnestir

@BBQBram said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

It's been spoiler free for the first 40 minutes or so, but they haven't even really started talking about The Walking Dead yet. I'm willing to wager a lot of money that will change. I really wish I weren't taking so long to get through it! Lots of distractions today.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BBQBram
@pyromagnestir said:

@BBQBram said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

It's been spoiler free for the first 40 minutes or so, but they haven't even really started talking about The Walking Dead yet. I'm willing to wager a lot of money that will change. I really wish I weren't taking so long to get through it! Lots of distractions today.

Much appreciated dude! I just listened to the first hour of the final podcast. You're saying it's spoiler free at least up to 1:40?
pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By pyromagnestir

@BBQBram:

Yeah. Definitely spoiler free for The Walking Dead. even somewhat past that point. They start talking about ZomiU around then and I'm 6 minutes past that now and they're still talking about it.

And now they're talking FTL.

Avatar image for translucentfish
translucentfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By translucentfish

HUGE WALKING DEAD SPOILER around 2:12:00 or so. Patrick just yells it out. Seriously thought I was okay, bums me out.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BBQBram

Okay I'm just gonna listen up to the very first mention of Walking Dead then.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By pyromagnestir

@translucentfish:

Well I left off at 2:12:12 and don't believe I heard anything yet, so it's some point after there. I'll update the op to include that warning though. Thanks. And sorry.

Badfinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Badfinger

It's in the 2:11 minute, not 2:12. Unfortunately. The only game spoilers I tried to avoid. :( Imperative to change that in the OP.

God DAMMIT.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Badfinger:

Wow. I guess I did miss it. Again, sorry. I was doing so well!

Yep. I did! I'm sorry to whomever was affected. It was so quick and happened right before I had to take a break. Grrr... this is why I didn't want to do time stamps. Fuck.

Avatar image for translucentfish
translucentfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#71  Edited By translucentfish

@pyromagnestir:

Patrick just kind of off-handedly blurted it out for no real reason. I guess I should have known since they say up top about spoilers, but it was so unnecessary to the conversation it caught me off-guard. Since I am only on Episode 1, I'm just going to assume the part he's referring to was with the tractor and all that. NO TELL ME OTHERWISE.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By wchigo  Online

Yeah, it was such a quick comment I missed it first time through also... although I was kind of distracted since I was playing P4G at the same time since the timestamps were already done.

Badfinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Badfinger

@pyromagnestir: Don't be sorry, seriously. It's awesome someone took the time to tag all this stuff.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BBQBram
@Badfinger said:

@pyromagnestir: Don't be sorry, seriously. It's awesome someone took the time to tag all this stuff.

I agree, one mistake does not negate your efforts, which are much appreciated!
TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TruthTellah

@pyromagnestir: This is so useful! Thanks, pyro-chan!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By pyromagnestir

@BBQBram said:

@Badfinger said:

I agree, one mistake does not negate your efforts, which are much appreciated!

Heh. I had one job! One job!

@TruthTellah:

Thanks!

Bombzinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Bombzinski

Went into a sound editor and removed the five spots that were supposed to contain spoilers I care about, replacing them with some funky grooves. That's more like it. No more frantic fast-forwarding. This is gonna be sweet! Enjoying GOTYcast on holidays is a bit of a ritual to me at this point.

Good job with that list, pyromagnestir!

redjacked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By redjacked

@pyromagnestir Thanks so much for all this! I havn't gotten to most of the big 2012 games yet, so the detailed time stamps made it possible to have it both ways :)

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By PhilipDuck

@pyromagnestir: Thanks dude, was just what i was looking for :)

omdata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By omdata

Great idea, good service to the community :)

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By pyromagnestir

@omdata:

Thanks! Really I did it all out of a selfish desire to avoid Spec Ops spoilers but still thanks!