2015 GOTY Watitng Room

• 103 results
Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Oh boy! I'm so excited. This, for me, is like the "World Cup" of podcasts. This one's gonna be interesting. I'm really worried that there might be too many voices / chefs in the kitchen. I remember back in 2012 (or 2011?), Ryan did a pretty good job of wrangling / mediating things. I think he was the one that came up with the take-turns-cutting style of generating the list (that was back 2011 now that I recall because Catherine got cut).

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I'm ready for 18 and 1/2 hours of raving lunatics yelling about video games. It's the best part of winter, every single year.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Teddie

Listening to them take like an hour to decide every award when there's the temptation of just finding out the winners in 5 seconds via the text article is my favourite excruciating pastime.

No Caption Provided

Brad's already foreshadowing the winner.

thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

Listening to them take like an hour to decide every award when there's the temptation of just finding out the winners in 5 seconds via the text article is my favourite excruciating pastime.

No Caption Provided

How can Destiny: The Taken King but an option for them but not for user voting? It doesn't have it's own entry in the wiki so it can't be voted for. #followthemoney

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Brad will argue Destiny: The Taken King on to the list

megabattimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contradiction, Life is Strange and Until Dawn better get pushed into the discussion by GBeast, or else I'll be a very sad duder.

Also kinda hoping Mad Max gets the nod for Most Disappointing Game, though I'd be happy if Arkham got it tbh.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

People seem ready for Dan to filibuster hard, but I remember him being pretty reasonable during last year's discussions. Brad on the other hand... if Destiny makes it into the top 10 again this year I may very well be annoyed for a brief moment then move on with my life. But what a moment it will be!

Kind of like Dark Souls getting the snub in 2011, I'm fully prepared for Witcher 3 to get the snub this year. What I'm looking forward to is seeing how the staff tries to balance a strong apathy on behalf of most of the staff with the critical consensus the game is receiving. Do they put it in the Top 10 despite no one completing it? Should be interesting.

I'm also curious if Patrick makes a guest appearance.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

No Caption Provided

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still more excited to see the skits for GOTY videos. Not these wouldn't be great to listen to, but those are the real treat for me.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Honkalot

Taken King is DLC, not a game release, though.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm ready to flip a table when Brad somehow sneaks The Taken King in the top 10 with some bullshit argument that "It's big that it shouldn't just count as DLC".

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's unreasonable how excited I am for these. It is a level of excitement that is really not appropriate for the product offered...

Jaymii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jaymii
@gkhan said:

It's unreasonable how excited I am for these. It is a level of excitement that is really not appropriate for the product offered...

It's truly the WrestleMania of podcasts.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People seem ready for Dan to filibuster hard, but I remember him being pretty reasonable during last year's discussions.

Totally. Too reasonable some might say, if they're looking for a bloodbath like me.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

I'm ready for 18 and 1/2 hours of raving lunatics yelling about video games. It's the best part of winter, every single year.

Do you mean the comments sections?

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ivdamke

@mike: I think that statement qualifies for video game websites in general.

That's the best part of video games is it not?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baronsamedi: Pretty much, I can't wait to see people rage about whatever GB's choices are.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Sessh

Just as every year I'm looking forward and dreading this at the same time. Some of the arguments are just really annoying, albeit always entertaining too.

@viking_funeral said:

People seem ready for Dan to filibuster hard, but I remember him being pretty reasonable during last year's discussions. Brad on the other hand... if Destiny makes it into the top 10 again this year I may very well be annoyed for a brief moment then move on with my life. But what a moment it will be!

Kind of like Dark Souls getting the snub in 2011, I'm fully prepared for Witcher 3 to get the snub this year. What I'm looking forward to is seeing how the staff tries to balance a strong apathy on behalf of most of the staff with the critical consensus the game is receiving. Do they put it in the Top 10 despite no one completing it? Should be interesting.

I'm also curious if Patrick makes a guest appearance.

Get ready to be really annoyed for that short while then. (Brad is definitely the most stubborn guy among the group. Jeff being second, because he's more scornful than stubborn really).

Just the same way I'm going to be annoyed by every single second of them discussing The Witcher 3. That game is never going to make their list and they will feel great about it too, but oh well. Doesn't really matter.

Probably with a Top-10 guest list.

thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mike said:
@thelastgunslinger said:

Do you mean the comments sections?

18 and 1/2 hours on comments? Sir, you underestimate this group of people.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sessh said:

Just the same way I'm going to be annoyed by every single second of them discussing The Witcher 3. That game is never going to make their list and they will feel great about it too, but oh well.

Don't worry, Witcher 3 is going to win Community GOTY and that's all that really matters.

mtfikhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man the 28th is so far away

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really looking forward to this year's podcasts. This was a great year for games, so the debates this year should be really interesting. Last year, they had a problem picking 10 games because there was so much ambivalence about everything towards the bottom of the list; this year, there are easily more than 10 games that deserve to make the list. Also, the differences between what the GBeast crew and West Coast crew played are pretty cool. I look forward to Austin, Vinny, and/or Alex arguing the merits of Life is Strange or Until Dawn, which don't seem to be the kinds of games the West Coast crew really spent a lot of time with. Also, I'm excited to see what type of dynamic Austin adds to the conversations. I look forward to these podcasts every year, but this year is the most excited I've been for these podcasts in a while.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Looking forward to the knock-down, drag-out fight between Super Mario Maker and The Phantom Pain, all while the comments rage about how The Witcher 3 got shorted.

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh crazy, a mod deleted one of my comments. Probably because it was full of vitriole.

To rephrase my comment in a more delicate manner: I sincerely hope that Austin manages to get Undertale in the Top 10 this year. Last year, a certain game got in the top ten all because of a certain duder who shall remain unnamed. That certain game definitely did not deserve to be on that list.

KentonClay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course Witcher 3 isn't gonna make the list. Nobody on staff is in the target demographic of 50 year old dads who still think Led Zeppelin is cool.

I'm kidding please don't crucify me.

robowitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listened to 2014 GOTY podcasts to get preview the experience and enjoyed it. Given that I actually paid attention to the video game scene this year, I'm looking forward to hearing the deliberations and getting folks' views.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fec4bd038fdf
deactivated-5fec4bd038fdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think 2015 is going to be the best year for deliberations. There are a lot of good games, with some of the top contenders having similar flaws.

climax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im too damn excited for it. Its my favorite part of the year

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By ch3burashka

I already feel spent.

Can't wait to see what theme they're going for in the videos. I enjoy the last two years of bits. It seems like a lot of work but also a lot of fun.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I see that "watitng" is spelled correctly in the title.

All is well, you may continue. Have a merry Christmas.

Jugglerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

http://www.giantbomb.com/game-of-the-year

Looks like Goty stuff will drop on Dec 28. Can't wait to hear the podcast, these are my favorite part of the year!

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm already at peace about The Witcher, and about Pillars of Eternity being mentioned only in (maybe?) Dave's guest list if he has one, but i'm sharpening my pitchfork and lightning a rag around a stick in case Contradiction gets completely ignored (especially in the Characters category). Also I'm really hoping for a new round of Rorie's cameos in the videos

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Ooh, it's nearly here. I don't give a shit how their list ends up (it seems pretty predictable anyway). I want to see the skits. It'll be good to finally have some new content...

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to see how Brad ruins the top 10 this year lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5916f85d8ea40
deactivated-5916f85d8ea40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mems1224 said:

I can't wait to see how Brad ruins the top 10 this year lol

I'd second that if it wasn't for the fact that Destiny pretty much made an own goal :) - Bungie took care of not staying relevant just by not being relevant. That aside, I do treasure the value of entertainment that his stubborn ways bring to the event, and I will admit that he often has good pointers.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fitzgerald:

They were 8 people on the podcast last year and it went pretty well. But I people like Drew and Jason that usually doesn't talk a lot in these discussions probably won't get to say a lot this year as well.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dragon_puncher: Halo is good, fighting game xxx is good.

I do however wonder if Drew will care even the slightest for Phantom Pain.

Nameless2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Listened to the MGSV spoilercast for the first time and I'm feeling pretty sure that it will be number one.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teddie said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Props to therealminime on neogaf!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling the GOTY stuff will come online a stupid time in the UK.

gloriana232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: according to qlcrew, the day 1 GOTY video will be posted at 9am pacific, and it's generally pretty good at scraping Giant Bomb for that kind of info, and presumably the video and podcast will be posted at the same time… so I would guess it'll be up at 9am pacific :/

Fitzgerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damnit, I wish it was out already so I could listen on my work commute.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ArtisanBreads

As far as Destiny goes, you guys realize Jeff, Austin, and Dan all liked that game this year right? It wasn't just Brad.

Trying to read too much into whether Dan and Jeff going back hard into Mario Maker lately past GOTY podcasts means it won or not.

@fitzgerald said:

Damnit, I wish it was out already so I could listen on my work commute.

Yeah these should be up earlier!

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By rethla

@artisanbreads: They liked Destiny on the scale that they like lets say Star Wars Battlegrounds. Its an good but overpriced FPS that lacks content. Then you add Destinys "liveteam" shenanigans and 10 year businessplan on top of that and you have an ongoing corporate filth soapopera but as far as the game go it is what it is.

Cav829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#50  Edited By Cav829

Destiny will win Old Game of the Year and won't factor into actual Game of the Year. Brad hasn't even really been playing it since they did the raid on stream.