Airdrie Alberta

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

On a recent Bombcast there was a letter sent in from Airdrie, Alberta which has a population around 60 000. I was surprised. As someone who lives in Alberta I am always surprised when I hear a Giant Bomb fan write in from a place I am familiar with that isn't Edmonton or Calgary. A little while back there was a letter from someone in Spruce Grove, which is the city in which I currently live and has a population of 35 000. My question is, do you live in a place where you are surprised when you hear someone else from there writes in to the Bombcast? If so, what is the population there?

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nutter

My hometown has a population of about 22,000. I’ve never heard an e-mail read from there.

The town I moved to is a state away and has a population of about 58,000. I’ve sent in a handful of e-mails over the years and have only heard it come up as a result of my e-mails being read.

Fun fact:

Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, and Abby have all pulled and read my e-mail in the past. Brad has not. I get tempted to e-mail the Bombcast sometimes just to get Brad off some sort of bucket list. I’ve not succumbed to that temptation, though.

KavaJava

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a postcard from the town I live in currently that surprised me. Only 12,000 people here. I heard someone I knew in high school call into the aftershow once too.

Since we're posting our email scores, I've had two Ryans and a Vinny. They seemed to be more tolerant of dumb questions/comments.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I admittedly haven't listened to the Bombcast since they added video, but I'd be shocked if a local wrote in at any point. I never hear our city mentioned anywhere unless it's in reference to a certain famous candy that bears our name, or a song by a once-popular band that was all about how shitty this place is. I swear, we're the city that time forgot.

(ten BradBucks to whoever can guess where I'm talking about, and twenty if you're actually from here)

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge: I mean...there’s Hershey, PA. I’m not familiar with a song critical of Hershey, off-hand, though.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@nutter: Haha, close. York. (as in Peppermint Patties and "Shit Towne" by the band Live... and lemme tell you, when the "Lightning Crashes" guys dunk on you, that hurts)

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man Shit Town is a good song, didn’t know it was calling out a specific place. Throwing Copper is a great album.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Three0neFive

@n00bs7ay3r said:

On a recent Bombcast there was a letter sent in from Airdrie, Alberta which has a population around 60 000. I was surprised. As someone who lives in Alberta I am always surprised when I hear a Giant Bomb fan write in from a place I am familiar with that isn't Edmonton or Calgary. A little while back there was a letter from someone in Spruce Grove, which is the city in which I currently live and has a population of 35 000. My question is, do you live in a place where you are surprised when you hear someone else from there writes in to the Bombcast? If so, what is the population there?

Ayy, I check off pretty much all of these boxes. Grew up in Fort Mac, went to high school in Spruce Grove, currently living in Edmonton. <>

Back when I lived in Spruce I used to just tell anyone outside Alberta that I lived in Edmonton, because literally nobody knows where it is (or if they do, they don't understand the distinction between Spruce/St. Albert/Sherwood and think it's all just Edmonton anyway)

n00bs7ay3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By n00bs7ay3r

@three0nefive: I do the same.

Also which highschool? I was at St. Thomas (when it was a highschool)

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@n00bs7ay3r: Ah, I was a Comp kid. Technically I moved there in 9th grade so I also went to Greystone for a year, but I guess that doesn't count (highschool was 9-12 up north)

Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

My town has a population of 1200. If anyone wrote in from anywhere even within this general corner of the state, I'd be shocked. Then I'd realize it was probably from me, and still be shocked.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Europa is fun Scandinavia in general, Norway in particular.

Lachrymost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was very weirded out when I saw this thread as I'm also from Airdrie. Hello other Airdrie gb fan!

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge: A teammate of mine would play Live at pre-practice conditioning EVERY morning in high school.

I remember Pain Lies by the Riverside being an alright song. Outside of that... yeah, you don’t want Live dunking on you...