Any chance of a livestream podcast?

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By stackboy

Much like how the Tested podcast does sometimes. Seeing the guys do their thing and watching it all go down would be pretty cool.

Or is that too much awesome?

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Klaimore

It would be amazing I don't think they could do it regularly. I'm surprised it hasn't been a thing yet maybe they are shy in front of a camera. ;)

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By nail1080

No.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hunkulese

I don't really understand the appeal of watching people sitting around a table talking.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By kindgineer

@Hunkulese said:

I don't really understand the appeal of watching people sitting around a table talking.

I think for some people it's the same reason they want to watch stand-up comedy instead of just listening to it. Sometimes see the facial features during certain debates gives it a little more emotion than just listening to the tone of their voice.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stackboy

@Hunkulese said:

It works for the Tested guys.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By groin

They record the podcast on Mondays and a lot games are embargoed until Tuesday so they wouldn't be able to livestream their discussions.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It's been brought up in the past, and they've always said no. Basically when talking around the podcast table they talk about all sorts of stuff, some of which is under embargo or NDA meaning they can't talk about it over the internet. They just edit that out. They don't want to have to be careful about what they say while recording the podcast. They just want to roll with it, say whatever and then worry about editing out anything they can't talk about after they've recorded it.

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VirtuaXav

@MattyFTM: That totally makes sense. But saying that, I'd love to see GOTY feature podcasts streamed live. Anything they talk about will be long out of embargo since all those games are obviously released. That'd be cool...

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DeF

@VirtuaXav said:

@MattyFTM: That totally makes sense. But saying that, I'd love to see GOTY feature podcasts streamed live. Anything they talk about will be long out of embargo since all those games are obviously released. That'd be cool...

doesn't work either, they record those way in advance of when they're published.

VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By VirtuaXav

@DeF said:

@VirtuaXav said:

doesn't work either, they record those way in advance of when they're published.

Oh yea, that totally slipped my mind. Ah well, looks like it might not happen then!

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By swoxx

I'd like it, but it's not really essential for me. I mostly listen to the audio version of the tested podcast anyway.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dany

They clearly don't want to do it even though people want it.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By zero_

Livestream podcasts, in some cases take out the magic and fun of podcasts. Sure, the E3 ones have been effin' amazing, but I feel every time I watch the Tested livestream podcast, seeing Norm spend all the time on his laptop or Garry on his iPhone takes me out of the illusion of thinking they're all really getting into the discussion and going to punch each other or something. Anyone else get that?

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Winternet

Not really interested in it. If you're going to have a livestream is either because interaction with the user is going to be a thing (which is not the case with a podcast) or it's an event which demands an instant coverage (again not the case of podcasts). Besides, I assume most people are not in front of the computer when they want to listen to the bombcast.

jjnen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By jjnen

E3

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hunkulese

@ccampb89 said:

@Hunkulese said:

I think for some people it's the same reason they want to watch stand-up comedy instead of just listening to it. Sometimes see the facial features during certain debates gives it a little more emotion than just listening to the tone of their voice.

It's completely different. A comedian is performing and needs to work with the audience to be successful. A podcast is people sitting around a table talking into microphones.

@Stackboy said:

@Hunkulese said:

Just because they do it doesn't me it's great. I've watched their live stream once and quickly realized it was dudes sittings around a table talking. The reason most people listen to podcasts is so they have something to listen to while driving or doing something else. When you add video it becomes the activity you are focused on and I don't see how people can't have something better to do than watching people at a table.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Grillbar

without knowing i think the likelyhood of that happening is really small. but the livestreammed the the E3 ones and thats something

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
@Hunkulese

@ccampb89 said:

@Hunkulese said:

It's completely different. A comedian is performing and needs to work with the audience to be successful. A podcast is people sitting around a table talking into microphones.

@Stackboy said:

@Hunkulese said:

Just because they do it doesn't me it's great. I've watched their live stream once and quickly realized it was dudes sittings around a table talking. The reason most people listen to podcasts is so they have something to listen to while driving or doing something else. When you add video it becomes the activity you are focused on and I don't see how people can't have something better to do than watching people at a table.

I guess not everybody has an action packed non stop thrill ride of a life like yourself. Shame. Actually its not cause then I wouldn't get to watch Jar Time which is one dude talking to a screen.
stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By stackboy

I like watching the Tested podcast stream because it gives it just that little bit more personality to any particular podcast. Which is why I think it would work for the Bombcast. Plus the E3 podcasts are a good example.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dany

@fuzzybunny566 said:

PAXcast?

Nope, they want to give the attendees who paid to be at the event to get their moneies worth, would defeat the purpose of attending if its also online.