Best podcast moments so far

NoLastName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NoLastName

What have been some great moments on the bombcast so far?

I really liked Guns N Roses II

Also, the Murder Slingshot

EDIT: I'm going to change this to "best moments of all time" I think that could be more fun and interesting.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

Sadly can't think of any. Been a good start to the year but no classic moments, game discussions or email arguments that compare to previous years

EDIT: In the changing to best moments all time, I present the moment that caused me to become a life long fan of the crew and site.

Loading Video...

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah, can't remember any great ones this year.

But my favorite episode will always be 08/07/2012. Yes, I remember the date for it cause I thought it was that good.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan: #CRACKINWISE

It's a pretty good episode, in my list of memorable ones.

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brendan said:

@sravankb: What was it about?

Nothing too specific, but Jeff had some stories about his house and roommate that were good, there was a segment with Jeff's perfect "Brad Shoemaker" voice which is great, and the overall banter between Jeff, Vinny, and Ryan was fantastic. Just listen to it whenever you can. I can't point to specific time stamps, but I just remember enjoying the whole episode.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far of this year, probably Guns and Roses II.

Of all time, Jeff reading the Wiiware and DSi downloads at half speed in monotone. I can't find the exact date but I'm pretty sure it was one of the last, if not the last, Nintendo Download segments. Probably late 2010.

NoLastName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously the Skyrim vs Saints Row the Third arguement at the end of the 2012 game of the year deliberations is a classic.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Is "Yoshi could eat a Peach for hours" from this year?

NoLastName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: That was amazing, I came to giantbomb not long before Ryan passed so it's great to hear him since everyone holds him in high reverence.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nolastname: Yup, I found the site a week before this podcast and thought it was pretty cool to begin with, it was then the NARC and subsequent twitter discussion that really sold me on what GB was doing and what they were about.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Exzecutable?

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9
deactivated-5a55abbb2b8a9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found out about the site and came to the podcasts after watching one of their big live shows. I can't remember, which one, but featured Jeff watching some TERRIBLE horror B-film (amazing to see <3), then him and Ryan eating raw bacon using some gadget to hold 20 slices.

My favorite moment is the Hot 97 Radio.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

NoLastName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: For me it was the Persona 4 Endurance Run, after 155 episodes of Jeff and Vinny, I new I needed more.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-05-26-2009/1600-86/?comment_page=2

Mathletes!

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whichever one involved Vinny cracking up at the old GI Joe character Shipwreck for so long that Ryan got angry at him for eating into email time. I remember having to take my headphones off on the bus because people were looking at me piss myself laughing at Vinny saying "Why was he always on shore leave?"

autumn_thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

From the 2009 GOTY Bombcast (probably my favorite bombcast, actually), timestamp 1:47:20

Ryan: So our top 3 DS games are Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, GTA: Chinatown Wars, and Rhythm Heaven, with Mario & Luigi taking it, for the gold. Brought to you by Del Taco and their new chicken soft taco, get one today.

Vinny: For your own inside story.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I really enjoyed the whole Vinny house saga.

Also the podcast where Drew watched the Eurovision and passed out in the bathroom afterwards, making a butthole in the wall.

BrunoFFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This website compiled a good amount (~6 hours or so) of some of the best moments of last year's Bombcasts:

http://www.thisyearcollection.org/2015/01/95-giant-bombcast-2014.html

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After this weeks Bombcast I just want to say it is the best overall one this year so far. For the most part every discussion was interesting and kept my attention as well as informative. Emails also didn't drag on forever which usually kills the momentum for me. Just really enjoyed all of it which I can't say for another Bombcast this year

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By huser

@onemanarmyy said:

I really enjoyed the whole Vinny house saga.

Also the podcast where Drew watched the Eurovision and passed out in the bathroom afterwards, making a butthole in the wall.

I sent in a question about Vinny's house saga. Vinny was the one to think the Shit Bandits at various companies was actually just sewer issues. Kaboom! in his words. The irony, and frankly super coincidental timing made me wonder if VinnCo was doing some testing on the idea.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might date to last year, but I remember laughing out loud at Dan saying he wanted to be buried in the Mortal Kombat arcade machine and having "Fatality" tattooed on his forehead.

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Just a few of my favorite smaller moments. You can blow hours listening to bits on Youtube should you ever get bored

NoLastName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This is pretty great

gbus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of my first episodes was just before Ryan passed. He kept adding 'music evolved' anytime 'Fantasia' was mentioned. Had me in stitches. Had just broken up with my bird at the time and was not sure if i was getting in to the show as i thought the guys were too brash and too... American. Loved it since that episode.