bombcast 8/9/11 - 5 Quick thoughts about it.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By DG991

1. I really enjoyed Patrick's story about reaching into the cabinet and being scared of dieing. I've had that moment a few times when messing with power supplies or fixing some equipment. And I've asked people to keep an eye on me in case I start getting jolted. I could relate to his story.

2. Vinny and his timing joke about being called a "Hard on" in the email for buying a reduced price 3DS and double dipping was so funny, I was listening to it in a public place and snorted (tried to hold in the laugh) reallllly loud. Vinny is the man.

3. I really like Jeff. But I didn't even notice he was gone until well into the bombcast. The conversations were great, except...

4. I felt like you guys tried to hard with that whole pizza joke thing. But maybe that's just cause I want you to get on with it and talk about video games.

5. I really appreciate you guys mixing up the bombcast with Early emails, GG buttons, and Dice rolls. It was pretty funny when u started the bombcast over again.

In general, keep up the good work.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By DG991

1. I really enjoyed Patrick's story about reaching into the cabinet and being scared of dieing. I've had that moment a few times when messing with power supplies or fixing some equipment. And I've asked people to keep an eye on me in case I start getting jolted. I could relate to his story.

2. Vinny and his timing joke about being called a "Hard on" in the email for buying a reduced price 3DS and double dipping was so funny, I was listening to it in a public place and snorted (tried to hold in the laugh) reallllly loud. Vinny is the man.

3. I really like Jeff. But I didn't even notice he was gone until well into the bombcast. The conversations were great, except...

4. I felt like you guys tried to hard with that whole pizza joke thing. But maybe that's just cause I want you to get on with it and talk about video games.

5. I really appreciate you guys mixing up the bombcast with Early emails, GG buttons, and Dice rolls. It was pretty funny when u started the bombcast over again.

In general, keep up the good work.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

Wholeheartedly agree- it was a great podcast as usual- Jeff's great, but Patrick's just as funny, and we're lucky to have such a great crew of dudes together in one place.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By fattony12000

SHAPED LIKE A MUSH
- VINNY 

GET TO CRACKIN' BRAD... 
- RYAN

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Onions and peanut butter? What the fuck?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

When they restarted was the best part. Good Bombcast!

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By rockinkemosabe

But with no Jeff, being loud and disruptive, then there is no cameo by Dave.

Titl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Titl

I actually miss Jeff, i really like Patrick, but i miss Jeff.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DG991

@Fattony12000 said:

SHAPED LIKE A MUSH- VINNY GET TO CRACKIN' BRAD... - RYAN

@RockinKemosabe said:

But with no Jeff, being loud and disruptive, then there is no cameo by Dave.

TRUTH

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Rhaknar

considering Jeff has not only NOT been playing any games, or the ones he has hes hated and sounds utterly depressed the last 2 or 3 podcasts, im glad he wasnt on. And this is coming from someone that thinks Jeff is the second best thing about the bombcast (first being, obviously, Vinny). But no matter how much i like someone (and this goes for real life aswell), i just cant be arsed when they are just down on something all the time, it just bums you out

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DG991

@Rhaknar:Well said.

I used to have a similar problem with the Screened podcast. But Rorie has been much less depressing and less down on his awesome job, and Alex has been...

Well Rorie has been much better.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By TehFlan
@Redbullet685 said:
Yeah, that was terrific.
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By CptBedlam

@DG991 said:

I was listening to it in a public place and snorted (tried to hold in the laugh).

Happens all the time to me. I listen to the Bombcast on public trains etc. and people probably think I'm retarded when they see me laughing.

JBird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JBird
@Titl: He does bring somthing to the bombcast doesnt he. Why has he not been on the bombcast lately? I assumed holiday but after reading this thread has he just delegated to patrick now?
VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By VoshiNova

@Titl said:

Word

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Animasta

@JBird said:

@Titl: He does bring somthing to the bombcast doesnt he. Why has he not been on the bombcast lately? I assumed holiday but after reading this thread has he just delegated to patrick now?

still on holiday, as far as I've heard he's away until madden releases

readymix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By readymix

Im definitely digging the new change up. The dice roll was funny but I think the GG button was way better.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By bibamatt

Best Bombcast in aaaaaaaaages.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CptBedlam

@bibamatt said:

Best Bombcast in aaaaaaaaages.

Naahh, the email-surprise bombcast was better, it also had the raccoon story. That was some funny shit.

Insectecutor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Insectecutor

I love that they're mixing it up, the Bombcast was becoming a little stale for me so this has really helped. Keep it up! And go deeper on the news, talk less about food: it's becoming a the new energy drinks.

The GG emails button didn't really work because they were all too polite to smack it when someone else was talking. If it was on a 15 minute timer it'd work better, no guilt for interrupting then but there's a risk it'd interrupt something interesting. It'd also be way easier to edit in the emails music :P

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Patrick's laugh that seals the deal for me. Ryan has this deep guffaw, sometimes a deep giggle. Jeff laughs but his is a hysterical, high-pitched, almost banshee-like laugh. Vinny's seems somewhat nondescript, and Brad, like Jeff, only laughs occasionally, though his laugh is often a throaty chuckle that feels on the verge of bursting into a momentary bout of booming laughter.

Patrick's, then, is a nice compliment to any configuration of the group, given its nasal quality. It's more of a chortle that rarely seems to dominate the noise of the other laughs.

So when they are all laughing together, regardless of who's in the room, it's always fun to hear that everyone thinks a particular factotum or quip is humorous collectively.

jelekeloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jelekeloy

I want a five-man Bombcast every week.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By Vinny_Says

patrick has actually been plying games so that's cool...great podcasts recently!

LibraryDues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LibraryDues

I just love that Brad managed to "pull a Brad" in Bombcast, when he killed the first one. That's some meta shit right there.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DG991

@LibraryDues: lol....

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By MistaSparkle

I agree with everything except number 4. I come for the talk about about video games, but I stay for the pizza paper.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26  Edited By buft
@Redbullet685 said:
lol yeh i fucking nearly split a rib. i really thought the bombcast was over.
DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DG991

@MistaSparkle: You should subscribe, you will get more pizza paper in exchange for nasty non edible green paper.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pibo47
@Titl said:

Yeah. Is Jeff coming back? He's still with the site right? Im kinda annoyed i didnt get my weekly dose of Jeff's awesomeness.
Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tim_the_corsair
@Pibo47
@Titl said:

Yeah. Is Jeff coming back? He's still with the site right? Im kinda annoyed i didnt get my weekly dose of Jeff's awesomeness.
Nah, Jeff quit because they were trying to force him to give Catherine 5 stars...

;D
TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By TheLastNeo
@Redbullet685: I was driving when they did this, and I couldnt stop laughing.. .was having difficulty keeping my damn work truck moving in a straight line. 

The mix up the last few weeks has been genius... 

I love the fact that the "MARK SYSTEM"  guy has the foresight to include a Supplementary table ... thought that shit was hilarious..