Bombcast Breakdown!! - 2.24.2008

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Edited By matthew

Because two exclamation marks means you're super serial about it!!   
I'm going to be going through each show (ideally) and taking copious notes, as college has taught me.  The first show was a bit rough due to divided time between audio editing and note taking.   
This is a fluid list.  Beta as it's likely to be known.  Things are going to be dynamic, pertaining to formatting and such, until I get a feel for how things turn out.     
 If you see any mistakes or something along those lines, let me know!!  This list is not just for me!

Arrow Pointing Down ep.2 -- 2.24.2008 

Voices 

Ryan Davis, Jeff Gerstmann, Alex Navarro 

Reviewed (timestamp)   

• Snickers Nut'n Butter Crunch (3:33) 
  • Slurpuccino (4:14) 
  • 6 Hour Energy Mini Thin Rush (13:46) 

Games Mentioned (timestamp)

Names Dropped (timestamp)

Out of Context quotes (timestamp) 

• When we're all eating pills and living on the moon base, this is what all our food will taste like - Jeff (5:03) 
  • Back to the Future 3 is very hot right now - Ryan (5:34)     
  • Would you step to the punk with a big hunk - Jeff (9:47)     
  • My love of Gatorade is not for sale sir! - Jeff (12:01)     
  • For the early few hours at least you will be a bit manic - Alex (17:49)     
  • There were midgets and fire...he saw people fucking on a couch - Alex (22:19)     
  • You do big fat nasty finishing moves on dudes and cut'em in half - Ryan (31:48)     
  • There is a empty McDonalds bag sitting in the middle of the living room floor...do you wanna talk about this at all Jeff? - Ryan (35:30 ) 
  • If we're gonna swing for the fences, I want lifetime McRibs - Jeff (37:49)     
  • I think thats kinda the point though...the open world stuff is meant to purposely suck - Alex (42:56)     
  • Coconuts are worth more than human life! - Jeff (44:15 )   
  • That game is about the epic quest of ninjas vs gold - Jeff (57:38)  
  • If there is anything video games have taught me its that nazis have technology well beyond our means - Alex (57:53) 
  • If it doesn't butter my hide, I don't give it anything higher than like a 6...out of 7.5 - Alex (59:02)     

Topics (timestamp) 

• Snickers reviewed (6:24-9:24) 
  • Gatorade Tiger revisited (10:33-12:18) 
  • Recap of GDC (12:20, 18:30-35:17) 
  • 6 Hour Mini-Thin talk (13:46-18:30) 
  • Special guest mention (24:10, 33:55, 1:11:10) 
  • XNA talk (30:00-33:50) 
  • McDonalds conversation/copyright infringement (35:30-39:46) 
  • No More Heroes talk (39:50-39:04) 
  • Questions (1:02:54) Controller discussion, Call of Duty future, foreign food expieriances 

General Notes 

1. Ryan is drinking PBR, Jeff Diet Pepsi, and Alex a Cherry Coke 
  2. This is the week after GDC 2008 
  3. This 'cast marks the first time Alex Navarro appears 
  4. Alex has an amazing echo effect going on his mic, and really uses it perfectly
matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By matthew

Because two exclamation marks means you're super serial about it!!   
I'm going to be going through each show (ideally) and taking copious notes, as college has taught me.  The first show was a bit rough due to divided time between audio editing and note taking.   
This is a fluid list.  Beta as it's likely to be known.  Things are going to be dynamic, pertaining to formatting and such, until I get a feel for how things turn out.     
 If you see any mistakes or something along those lines, let me know!!  This list is not just for me!

Arrow Pointing Down ep.2 -- 2.24.2008 

Voices 

Ryan Davis, Jeff Gerstmann, Alex Navarro 

Reviewed (timestamp)   

• Snickers Nut'n Butter Crunch (3:33) 
  • Slurpuccino (4:14) 
  • 6 Hour Energy Mini Thin Rush (13:46) 

Games Mentioned (timestamp)

Names Dropped (timestamp)

Out of Context quotes (timestamp) 

• When we're all eating pills and living on the moon base, this is what all our food will taste like - Jeff (5:03) 
  • Back to the Future 3 is very hot right now - Ryan (5:34)     
  • Would you step to the punk with a big hunk - Jeff (9:47)     
  • My love of Gatorade is not for sale sir! - Jeff (12:01)     
  • For the early few hours at least you will be a bit manic - Alex (17:49)     
  • There were midgets and fire...he saw people fucking on a couch - Alex (22:19)     
  • You do big fat nasty finishing moves on dudes and cut'em in half - Ryan (31:48)     
  • There is a empty McDonalds bag sitting in the middle of the living room floor...do you wanna talk about this at all Jeff? - Ryan (35:30 ) 
  • If we're gonna swing for the fences, I want lifetime McRibs - Jeff (37:49)     
  • I think thats kinda the point though...the open world stuff is meant to purposely suck - Alex (42:56)     
  • Coconuts are worth more than human life! - Jeff (44:15 )   
  • That game is about the epic quest of ninjas vs gold - Jeff (57:38)  
  • If there is anything video games have taught me its that nazis have technology well beyond our means - Alex (57:53) 
  • If it doesn't butter my hide, I don't give it anything higher than like a 6...out of 7.5 - Alex (59:02)     

Topics (timestamp) 

• Snickers reviewed (6:24-9:24) 
  • Gatorade Tiger revisited (10:33-12:18) 
  • Recap of GDC (12:20, 18:30-35:17) 
  • 6 Hour Mini-Thin talk (13:46-18:30) 
  • Special guest mention (24:10, 33:55, 1:11:10) 
  • XNA talk (30:00-33:50) 
  • McDonalds conversation/copyright infringement (35:30-39:46) 
  • No More Heroes talk (39:50-39:04) 
  • Questions (1:02:54) Controller discussion, Call of Duty future, foreign food expieriances 

General Notes 

1. Ryan is drinking PBR, Jeff Diet Pepsi, and Alex a Cherry Coke 
  2. This is the week after GDC 2008 
  3. This 'cast marks the first time Alex Navarro appears 
  4. Alex has an amazing echo effect going on his mic, and really uses it perfectly
Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Crono11

Don't ever forget that you're doing God's work. Seriously, this is awesome and good job.

btman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By btman

are you the same person thats making a  Best of BombCasts ?

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Trilogy

You're insane and if you can pull this off, I love you.

Avatar image for somethingclever
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By SomethingClever
@Matthew: You've got " marcocree" and are questioning that.  I haven't listened to that episode for some time now and out of context it is sort of tough to say but could they be for some reason referencing Mark of Kri?  Phonetically it fits your guess.  It's a PS2 game that came out in 2002 but maybe they were somehow dropping it into the converstaion. 

Oh here's the page for N+ if you want to update your post with the link to it. 

Also, link for Larry Hryb (Major Nelson).
Sanryd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sanryd
@Trilogy said:
" You're insane and if you can pull this off, I love you. "
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Illmatic

Oh man, I do not envy you but I appreciate your work.

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#8  Edited By Forcen

The staff should do this, tag each podcast to every game that is mentioned.

For example, i am trying to find out which podcasts they talked about Left 4 Dead 2, and its not that easy.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By mikemcn
@crono11 said:

" Don't ever forget that you're doing God's work. Seriously, this is awesome and good job. "

This. KEEP IT UP!
FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By FreakAche

@Matthew
Dude you're amazing, but why would you ever want to do this?

benitobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By benitobb

You're the man if you can keep this up.  You'd be doing every loyal Bombcast listener an immense service.  I know I have listened to every episode at least twice and some favorites up to 6-7 times, and this would be just completely awesome as a reference to see what episode I'm looking for.   

Keep it up man, I agree, you are doing God's work.

SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SomethingClever
@Forcen: It would be difficult for them to do this on top of the other stuff they have to do for the site.  Even if they only started doing it for new and future episodes that's still rather a lot of work.  While their conversations are loosely guided there is a lot of stream of consciousness stuff going on that it would take someone devoted to that task to do it right.  Seems that this dude has basically volunteered to do that for them which is pretty awesome of him.
SomethingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SomethingClever

Eek!  Double post. 

Just went and listened to the podcast in question.  Yes they are talking about Mark of Kri there.  

Also, there is a Louis Castle but I don't know if that is who they are talking about (where you have Lewis Castle).  Again, I haven't listened to that specific section to compare to his page and see if in fact it is the same person.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By matthew
@crono11: @Trilogy: @tdk08: @Illmatic: @Mikemcn: Thanks whole bunches guys.  The fact that this is helpful or that you're digging what I'm putting down is groovay. 

@btman: Ah, the BoB project.  I only did one episode of that, and the reception wasn't as well received as the feedback I got from the Breakdown posts, so I think I may hold off on that for a bit.  If somebody else is really willing to make it and such, I sure hope these notes will provide a basic outline of which clips to cut together.  But yes, to answer your question, I am the one responsible for that.  Who knows, maybe in a long bit, I'll revisit the idea... 

@FreakAche:  The thing that really put it all in motion was actually the quest where we're supposed to try to figure out who is the most important person in videogames - I had to go through the summary of every 'cast and see who's names were mentioned in there, and that didn't work at all.  But for about two or so years now, I've been wanting a detailed analysis of what goes down in each 'cast.  I was even thinking that for the HotSpot, but then some people started leaving . . . But like mah momma said, if you want something done and done right, do it yourself! 

@benitobb:  I know where you're coming from man.  I've listened to each of them a couple times also...I know there are people out there who will appreciate this. 

@Phunk_King:  Thanks man!  I couldn't find either of those pages right off, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I'm totally open and accepting of corrections/links/help of any kind, so keep it comin!
digital_sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By digital_sin

Meh.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Dany

Holy shit, this is great!

Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Time_Lord

good luck to you

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Vinchenzo

I was just thinking of this idea earlier today. You have huge balls.