Bombcast Breakdown!! - 9.16.2008 - #40

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Edited By matthew

Because two exclamation marks means you're super serial about it!

I have this weird goal of going through each show and taking copious notes, as this whole college thing has taught me. You can find all of the previous entries in this series via my blog, the Bombcast forum, or simply by searching up top. Whenever there is pertinent discussion on a given topic/game/person, I'll do my best to link that individual Breakdown to that particular page.

This is a fluid list. Beta as its popular to be known as. Things are going to be dynamic, pertaining to formatting and such, until I get a feel for how things are going to turn out. Categories may be added, renamed, or simply taken away on 'cast to 'cast basis. Let me know if you see something wrong! This is as much mine as it is yours!

Legend:

• Voices - obvious enough, who's in the podcast
  • Reviewed - initially going to be reserved for the taste testing they did early on in the series, will see how things turn out later when they start phasing it out
  • Movies mentioned - despite being a videogame-centric podcast, these guys have some serious debates on movies and people/ideas pertaining to them
  • Games mentioned - games/game series mentioned on the 'cast. Listed if the game has some type of discussion or context behind it, not simply if name dropped
  • Companies Mentioned - these guys spit knowledge about companies like nobodies business. best to catalog it all to be held against them
  • Names dropped - much like the games mentioned, people mentioned if it pertains to the 'cast
  • Out of context quotes - the tiny crazy bits we all love our boys saying. taken directly out of context makes it even more hilarious
  • Timestamps-the parts of the 'cast that are fairly easy to distinguish with Ryans segway ability. Oft times these will seamless lead into a bigger discussion on the topic
  • Definitive quotes - the bits where they're all business, and give their honest opinion/prediction on a topic. If you were to jump to a time in the 'cast, these would be it
  • General notes - ideas I've garnered from the crew during the 'cast
  • ******* - multiple astricks denote a few minutes of the 'cast you'd do well listening to, if for nothing else than the hilarity/gravitas of it all
  • 1+ - denotes where they talk about a certain topic for more than a minute, instead of simply dropping the name in there for no discussion.

Giant Bombcast ep.37 -- 9.16.2008 <---link to episode

Voices

• Giant Bomb Basement

Drinks Reviewed

• ol' Glory (.47)

Movies Mentioned

• Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (6.02)

Companies Mentioned

Names Dropped

Games Mentioned

Out of Context Quotes

• We've got a very important guest here in the studio in the form of America - ryan (.30)
  • Unibomber loves America - vinny (.55)
  • Not only does it have the American flag on it, it also has a Bald Eagle on it, and it also has the Pledge of Allegiance on it - vinny (1.50)
  • Yes they went back and built a 2nd Nuclear power plant in Chernobyl and that one also melted down. Oh mans hubris!! - ryan (9.30)
  • Someones been taking twice as many flinstone vitamins as they're supposed to take everyday - jeff (10.15)
  • It has light blooms - brad (11.25)
  • It's got some teeth. It gets dark - vinny (12.35)
  • So you've played the game for 2 hours and you still have no idea how Fable 2 plays like - ryan (14.54)
  • Yeah boo hoo I'm gonna wipe my tears away with 100 dollar bills - vinny (17.38)
  • she was not the most attractive wench in the gypsy camp - vinny (20.01)
  • At what point does it not make sense to do a rock band 3 - jeff (32.22)
  • Get the Rock Revolution Drums. It's the only solution - jeff (39.58)
  • Obviously that would destablilize the entire ecosystem and we'd all be dead - jeff (55.04)
  • Call of Duty 6 is going to be Starcraft Ghost - jeff (1.00.20)
  • You go out there and get that Dinosuar Junior song - jeff (1.05.18)
  • It'd be like Sonic the Hedgehog showing up on a Nintendo console - ryan (1.07.05)
  • I just put it in my gig bag - ryan (1.10.55)
  • Ed Boon likes a little tweak on the nipple - vinny (1.19.50)
  • Thats a lot of freeburnin - ryan (1.25.00)
  • If only there were a website to archive such information - brad (1.32.55)
  • Thanks Adam Boyes - Brad (1.41.17)
  • Is that where we should have the giantbomb meetup, at the maid cafe? - ryan (1.51.11)
  • It's weird all over, whether you see nude bits or not - jeff (1.42.39)
  • I don't know if you've ever juiced a Hawaii'ian - jeff (1.59.12)
  • They should put that on the back of the box - almost sort of strategic - jeff (2.02.35)

Definitive Quotes

• Dont let anyone ever tell you that Giant Bomb doesn't love America - ryan (3.45)
  • It's an interesting game that has a whole lot of flaws in it that are unfortunate cuz that game really could've been awesome - jeff (28.00)
  • Rock Band 2 is awesome - jeff (28.44)
  • The Call of Duty brand got definitivly strong with Call of Duty 4 - jeff (57.10)
  • I think we'll see them start to diverge and not have numbers on them - jeff (57.35)
  • I have so many goddamn plastic guitars in my house - ryan (1.09.48)
  • I think you should say it in a more Mortal Kombat announcer way - jeff (1.16.00) *********
  • For me Wipeout XL was a watershed moment in games - ryan (1.30.45)
  • It's as close to drinking someone elses vomit you'll come. On purpose. - ryan (2.00.40)
  • But alot of people can't quite seem to put a finger on what it is about Dynasty Warriors they love - ryan (2.03.07)

Timestamps

• Ol' Glory Drink Review (.47)
  • What Have You Been Playing (5.20)
  • News of the World (49.56)
  • Break Music (1.33.09)
  • New Releases (1.34.00)
    1. Rock Band 2 (1.34.05)
    2. Star Wars Force Unleashed (1.34.30)
    3. Dragon Quest IV The Chapters of the Chosen (1.34.50)
    4. Mega Man 2 (1.34.55)
    5. Stalker Clear Sky (1.35.03)
    6. Drawn to Life Spongebob Squarepants edition (1.35.10)
    7. Pure (1.35.28)
    8. Armored Core For Answer (1.35.33)
    9. B-Boy (1.35.55)
    10. Feeding Frenzy 2 (1.36.30)
    11. Domino Master (1.36.34)
    12. Warhammer Online Age of Reckoning (1.36.58)
    13. Crysis Warhead (1.37.53) 1+
    14. Littlest Pet Shop (1.39.34)
  • Emails (1.39.43)
    1. Editing process for reviews and such (1.39.45)
    2. Activision CoD beta router issues (1.41.50)
    3. Shadow President old school copy protection (1.42.57) 1+
    4. Rock Band transfer situation (1.45.38) 1+
    5. Six Axis leaning in SOCOM (1.46.40)
    6. What is a good wrestling game for PS3 (1.47.20)
    7. Spore things use tools with mouths (1.48.22)
    8. Awkward or ethics with vidgame friends games (1.48.40) 1+
    9. Why the hell SF4 in arcades first (1.50.26) 1+ **********
    10. How do you go about moral choices in games (1.53.30) 1+
    11. Pirates Pillage drop shot recipe (1.57.25) 1+

General Notes

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

This is a highly ambitious goal. I am impressed that you are even willing to attempt it.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Holy shit, how long does one episode take you?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Ha. It's been awhile. Reading one of these always makes me want to go back and re-listen to that episode.

And it's weird the memories that trigger reading one of these. Like, I just happen to remember that when I was listening to the guys talk about this patriotic energy drink, I was cleaning my basement bedroom at my mom's house. That was...three homes ago. Holy shit.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By probablytuna

That is one lofty commitment, bravo brother!

johnsonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Very cool. C:

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

@spoonman671: If I just sat down and knocked one out...the whole length of the podcast of course, so typically about two hours, at least 45min of pausing throughout the show to take notes, then at least another quarter hour for formatting/linking the post itself.

@hassun: Well, this thing has been going on for the past....4 years? Something like that. This is the 40th time I've done this, so it's not quite new, but lets be honest, it is slightly behind schedule.