Bombcast on iTunes?

sawfish22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By sawfish22

I don't feel one way or the other about the Bombcast being split up really.  I love it and listen to it every week, but I'll be subscribing so it doesn't make that big of a difference to me.  I wanna support them any way I can.  But I do like to listen to the show on my iPod.  Does anyone know how this will work in iTunes?  I'm assuming that the whole show will just show up on the following week for everyone.  If that's true, I suppose that I will just have to download the show mp3's and listen to it that way on iTunes or my iPod? 

Thanks Giantbomb.  I love you guys and keep doing what you're doing. 

Note:  If Giantbomb wants to earn more revenue, sell the t-shirts and sweatshirt again!  I want them!  :) 

-sawfish22

sawfish22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By sawfish22

I don't feel one way or the other about the Bombcast being split up really.  I love it and listen to it every week, but I'll be subscribing so it doesn't make that big of a difference to me.  I wanna support them any way I can.  But I do like to listen to the show on my iPod.  Does anyone know how this will work in iTunes?  I'm assuming that the whole show will just show up on the following week for everyone.  If that's true, I suppose that I will just have to download the show mp3's and listen to it that way on iTunes or my iPod? 

Note:  If Giantbomb wants to earn more revenue, sell the t-shirts and sweatshirt again!  I want them!  :) 

-sawfish22

Matte_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Matte_G

Yeah I just signed up for a year Sub, still really bummed about the Bombcast situation, maybe an App for paid members to listen to them as they go live?

TheLastNeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheLastNeo

I also subscribe on itunes, and I cant really figure out how they're going to make this work, unless you need to like manually add the rss feed or something.. but  

dunno... 

im sure the TOP MEN have this shit figure out anyway...

Gunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Gunder

Yeah, i'm pretty curious about this too. The way iTunes organises podcasts and makes sure pause-points and episodes are all kept in sync across all my devices is pretty great. If they take that away via this then I can't say that i'd continue to listen. Which would pain me.

Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Jayross

Yeah, I never sync my iPhone to my computer, and I always download them directly from the itunes app, and I don't see anyway that will work with the current situation.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

At this point even if I paid the 50$ which I think is too high as is, I would be getting nothing. 

I subscribe on Zune, Have no smart Phone, don`t care about the other whiskey media shit and have to pay an extra ten dollars for the shirt. 

Guys you fucked up big time.
trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By trophyhunter

Maybe if you didn't hate springs so much that wouldn't happen.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By big_jon

We need an answer regarding this huge lack of foresight.
Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayross

Well, hopefully we get 5k subscribers, so they don't have to worry about this.  

If not.. >:(

RooBoys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RooBoys
@sawfish22 said:
"

I don't feel one way or the other about the Bombcast really.  I love it and listen to it every week, but I'll be subscribing so it doesn't make that big of a difference to me.  I wanna support them any way I can.  But I do like to listen to the show on my iPod.  Does anyone know how this will work in iTunes?  I'm assuming that the whole show will just show up on the following week for everyone.  If that's true, I suppose that I will just have to download the show mp3's and listen to it that way on iTunes or my iPod? 

-sawfish22

"
Yeah how is this gonna work with iTunes? No way I'm downloading from the site when all my podcasts come from iTunes........
sofakng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sofakng

I paid for an annual subscription and am wondering what is going on with this to. 

This morning iTunes started saying that Giant Bomb is no longer a valid podcast. 

Please, please don't make me manually download each weekly episode from the website.  That is way too much of an inconvenience.

arachau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By arachau

iTunes does have the capacity to add a regular RSS feed. How they authenticate that shit I have no idea. 

Rxanadu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Rxanadu
@Jayross said:
" Well, hopefully we get 5k subscribers, so they don't have to worry about this.   If not.. >:( "
Wait, what?  I wasn't able to watch the Live show (has classes during that time and GB wasn't working for some reason), so I don't know the situation.  What will happen once we reach 5K subscribers?

Also, as a side note, does anyone else think it's blatantly obvious that Anime Vice isn't respected by Whiskey media as a whole?  I mean, they weren't even in the Live show from the 7-10 minutes I was able to watch before it finished.  They're hanging off the end of the roller coaster on the shirt, for crying out loud!  I've never seen any of their employees in the mailbags or the Kessler Cams, either.
rick9109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By rick9109
The change to the Bombcast is really disappointing, because while the website is cool, the podcast is my main form of consumption of the product, and itunes is really convenient.  I signed up before I heard about the changes and now I have buyers remorse instead of feeling great about supporting something I love.   The process of manually adding is easy (drag -> recently added -> right click ->mediatype=podcast -> remember position=checked) but it doesn't beat something just showing up.  Especially if you show up at work the next day and you forgot to download and manually install.
rick9109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By rick9109

I'm double posting because after some 'research' (I love that we live in a time where using google is considered research), it does appear that itunes can support "basic and digest authorization."  Now I've never seen this done, every podcast I've paid for has meant manually adding it but maybe the Whiskey Media dudes will figure it out.  It would mean the full version would no longer show up in the itunes podcast directory but that's sort of the point.

Source: http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/creatorfaq.html
 http://www.potionfactory.com/blog/2006/02/20/password-protecting-podcast

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I'm more than happy to give the Whiskey folks some of my cash, but I was under the impression that this whole payment thing wouldn't take anything away from people who didn't want to pay, and simply add stuff for people who did? 

But yeah, I'm subscribed on Zune (using a Zune HD, not an iPod Touch, so I gots ta'). I'm worried that they'll figure something out with iTunes, but not with Zune.

angelofioren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By angelofioren

I'm considering subscribing ($50 per year is not that much in the grand scheme of things), and with everything they've managed to do with the site, I'm sure they'll figure out a clever way to get the podcast on to iTunes. Right now, the iTunes feed does seem to be broken though.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Dave said on chat yesterday that the full 2 hour podcast will be available via a feed on itunes that will be password protected.

Gunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Gunder
@MattyFTM said:
" Dave said on chat yesterday that the full 2 hour podcast will be available via a feed on itunes that will be password protected. "
Thanks, this removes the fear I had. I'd definitely subscribe if that turns out to work.
Jayross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jayross
@Rxanadu: So if we get 5k subscribers by the 14th, the Bombcast will stay as-is. 

But, if not, the first hour will go live on tuesdays for everyone (stuff that includes the news and what you've been playing or whatever). 
Then, the next hour will go live the next tuesday. 

If you are a subscriber you get normal bombcast access on the same day. 

So if you don't pay, you listen to the hour from that day, and an hour from a week ago. 

Yeah, I thought that all of the Whiskey Media sites are well displayed, tested, screened, comicvine, all had their own segments on the show. I didn't see anime vice once. I don't follow the site, so I don't know who I would be looking for, but that does seem rather strange.  

Huh, who knows? Does it seem like the least-active site? Because screened and tested are both pretty quiet in terms of the forums and stuff.
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By mikemcn
@MattyFTM said:
" Dave said on chat yesterday that the full 2 hour podcast will be available via a feed on itunes that will be password protected. "
They can do that? Fancy!
big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By big_jon

What about Zune guys? 

This is pretty fucked up.

scottp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By scottp
@MattyFTM: thanks man i was worried!!
OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By OneManX

Last update posted on Twitter is that Sub count is over 4900, so... pretty damn close to free full Bombcast.