Bombcast on Spotify

Aselith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aselith

Any chance of getting the Bombcast up on Spotify? Not that it's hard to get to other ways but it would be super convenient to be able to listen to it there.

mbdoeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mbdoeden

IIRC, Jeff mentioned something about how that may be between Spotify and those specific podcasts. I don't know if, and I very much doubt, it is as easy as it may seem.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never thought of Spotify as place to listen to podcasts (I know it has some, but I only use it for music). Just out of curiosity, do you have any particular reason to prefer Spotify to listen to the Bombcast? If you're on mobile I strongly suggest Overcast. If on computer, you have lots of options that suit almost every need. On computer you can also put the Bombcast on iTunes and use Spotify to listen to it that way, that's the closest option to what you're looking.

Aselith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never thought of Spotify as place to listen to podcasts (I know it has some, but I only use it for music). Just out of curiosity, do you have any particular reason to prefer Spotify to listen to the Bombcast? If you're on mobile I strongly suggest Overcast. If on computer, you have lots of options that suit almost every need. On computer you can also put the Bombcast on iTunes and use Spotify to listen to it that way, that's the closest option to what you're looking.

Because I listen to my music on Spotify so it's easier to just switch programs on the fly rather than exiting and loading a new app. I use Podcast Addict currently which works perfectly fine. It's not a huge deal but it would be nice to have my stuff in one place.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My uneducated guess is that this would involve some kind of business arrangement between CBS and Spotify which isn't worth the time and money for them to deal with.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

Straight from the Jeff Zone:

"Spotify isn’t a typical “give us the RSS URL and we’re good” sort of podcast platform the way every other one is, so it’s not really under my control. That’s all business deals and contracts."

Aselith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajayraz said:

Straight from the Jeff Zone:

"Spotify isn’t a typical “give us the RSS URL and we’re good” sort of podcast platform the way every other one is, so it’s not really under my control. That’s all business deals and contracts."

Ah ok. Oh well Podcast Addict it is! :P

petethepanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By petethepanda

Are podcasts (in general) accessible on the PS4 Spotify app? The idea of a built-in podcast player to fire up during a multiplayer game or something is intriguing.