Bombcast Studio Audience

Snoutspout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Snoutspout

I was somehow accidentally listening to the first Bombcast (arrow pointing down cast) the other day and Jeff mentioned something about there being a live studio audience in the future. Yeah, I know it was meant as a joke but c'mon this is the internet and we all know that stuff said on the internet has to be taken seriously. 

So my question is:  Would you attend a Bombcast live recording?

I could see something like the Bombcast crew sitting indoors while the "audience" is standing behind them outdoors, separated through a giant glass wall holding huge cardboard signs with glittery hearts and stuff on it.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CptBedlam

This would only result in riots. No, not a good idea. (Also, Brad doesn't like speaking before an audience and I guess it would be too distracting for the others as well)

act26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By act26

No i dont think that would be a good idea at all.  Maybe something like each week they pick a random user to attend the bombcast as a special guest would work, but otherwise no.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

Ryan's said in the past that they won't do the podcast live in the traditional "streaming with an audience in an IRC chat" sense. But would I attend a live recording if it happened? Of course.

Tenshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Tenshin

If you add an audience to the "equation", you must also add... other things... to the other side of the equation. Scales. Ahh whatever, basically it would mean shorther "shows", a strict schedule and less content because of the pauses for applause. I like the way it is now, but open to new ideas if you got'em. 

edit: I could not attend as I don't live in the US, but yeah, if I was closer I'd certainly show up for a few laughs and to meet you guys. Though it would be pretty awkward. On second though, I would not go. :P

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Living in England I'm not sure I could ever attend a Bombcast recording myself but I don't think it would be a good idea to have a live audience as a regular feature anyway, it would get to distracting for them and possibly put them off a bit.

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By tebbit
@Tenshin said:
" If you add an audience to the "equation", you must also add... other things... to the other side of the equation. Scales. Ahh whatever, basically it would mean shorther "shows", a strict schedule and less content because of the pauses for applause. I like the way it is now, but open to new ideas if you got'em.  edit: I could not attend as I don't live in the US, but yeah, if I was closer I'd certainly show up for a few laughs and to meet you guys. Though it would be pretty awkward. On second though, I would not go. :P "
Canned laughter on the podcast would be the WORST
ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By ErrorOperator

The pax panel was sort of a podcast with an audience, thats probably the best your gunna get!

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

No, but they should add a laugh track.