Bombcast Titles

TheWyotee93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I noticed starting last week that they started to give names to the Bombcast. This week's Mr. Eyeballs' Booger Sugar is a great name, but what would you name some of the great Bombcasts of the past? There's got to be a good knife/bat pun somwehere.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

They've also started numbering them, which is kind of startling when you realise they're up to 441 now.

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer the date instead of the episode number but i guess they want to be consistent with the beastcast format.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I think a better joke for this week would've been "The Live Two"

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Personally, I would prefer that they just be dated as opposed to numbered and come with no name. I find it easier to contextualize podcasts later down the line if they come with a date as opposed to a number and I find stupid podcast names to be one of the most obnoxious internet trends.

If you're going to title it, at least title it in a way that gives me some idea of the actual content as opposed to a single, if funny, tangent in a 3+ hour show.

But maybe all that means I'm just showing my age. In other news - the Easter Bunny isn't real and Santa Claus doesn't exist. So bah humbug and get off my lawn you damn kids.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cerberus3dog

I'm fine with the new numbering system... (Big nitpick here) But they should remove the word giant bombcast from the podcast title. It's like having a folder called Giant Bombcast and every item inside that folder also being titled Giant Bombcast. I think it's redundant. Example: I think GiantBombcast/441-MrEyeballs is neater than GiantBomcast/GiantBombcast-441-MrEyeballs

I think some of the inside jokes the community uses could be referenced by the podcast title. Like naming the E32010 Paul Barnett podcast "<>" or something

Sdoots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Sdoots

It's a lot easier to remember what episode had a bit I liked when the episodes have names, and not just dates. I'm completely fine with the change, and hope it sticks.

Off the top of my head, "Baseball Bat VS Knife" seems like an obvious choice if we were naming already recorded episodes. That's what I remember that one for, anyways.

Editing this to add that I just saw the thread title again and read it as "Bombcast Titties" and was really excited.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Love the idea of the names, like @lawgamer said I will miss the dates a little for contextual purposes. I don't go back and listen to old podcasts all that often since I have a lot of other podcasts and television and things to keep my entertainment fix satiated but when I do, or when I'm randomly curious to hear them talk about (just for the sake of an example) Bioshock Infinite or Metal Gear Solid 4, I can just look up the release date of the game and google the Bombcast with dates close to that. Maybe that'll still be easy to do, maybe it won't be.

Overall I think it's another in a series of very smart changes the site has been gear up for the past six months.

baka_shinji17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

China Don't Care/No Fat Chicks needs to be a title, though I forgot which episode it was.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

twitterlegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By twitterlegend

08/07/2012: My Finger Really Hurt

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Whichever podcast Vinny said "cunt" on, I would name "Parental Advisory: Explicit Content"