Do you enjoy Drew's awkwardness on the Bombcast?

• 161 results
handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By handlas

From all his stories he seems the most outgoing... like more outgoing than I could ever hope to be. Seems like he is into everything that has ever existed.

And your second post completely contradicts the topic post you made. You confused person you.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Drew isn't awkward, so much as he shares the trait Brad has where he actually kinda cares to be accurate, so he doesn't want to misquote or misremember something. The others have long since given up any attempts at factual accuracy (though the "no fact-checking on the podcast" rule seems to be enforced much less now that Jeff is the host).

GnaTSoL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By GnaTSoL

No ones as awkward as Alexis so Drew is cool. He's way less weird than the former.

Hell, Drew just seems like a normal duder. I'd hang any day with that dude.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I don't think he's awkward but reading the word awkward over and over again in this thread then trying to type the word "awkward" feels a bit... ungainly.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By LiquidPrince

Drew is reserved, not awkward. He also comes out with some of the funniest fucking jokes that tend to fly over the heads of everyone in the room. #TEAMDREW

This is true. I've cracked up so many times at something he's said that like no one else seemed to have heard.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I really like Drew. There were big shoes to fill, and so far he's doing marvelously.

I still miss Ryan a lot.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I don't really find Drew awkward as much as he is more reserved than the rest of the guys. I like him. I would like to see Rorie show up more than he has (which has been only once?).

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

shut the fuck up you don't know dick about shit fucking casual

Drew isn't awkward; hell, he's been the one dropping comedic gems at least once a week. Still chuckle at the "leading the witness" one like a month ago.

He's got a kind of robotic flavor, in the kind of I-know-exactly-what-I'm-doing way.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: he's so sean william scott in that pic (not an insult?)

JayDee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By JayDee

nah, not awkward at all.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By reisz

Drew is a saint, he's a magical fucking unicorn sent to us from the halls of Valhalla. He defies description.

PandaBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64  Edited By PandaBear

You mean the cool guy of the podcast awkward? Nah.

Avatar image for deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5
deactivated-5914f5c50a1c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd call Drew a veteran and I'd say he's "learned the ropes." He's been on the site since 2009, for fuck's sake. I also don't think he's awkward at all, and gets along well in the podcasts. His personality is just a stronger contrast to the rest of the crew, but that's good as it generally makes conversation and things more interesting.

Drew is my waifu.

Mayu_Zane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Drew is pretty cool. I don't mind how he talks.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew gives me that tingly feeling I need on a cold Wednesday morning (time zones).

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#68  Edited By monkeyking1969

Drew is the "Scarlett Johansson" of games media. He is little bit 'too' good looking, a little bit too nice when you meet him in person, and a little bit too smart in the most charming way.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By fattony12000

Drew is not awkward.

Unlike your OP.

#burn

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#70  Edited By Deranged

@baillie said:

I think he's less of a nerd than most of the bombcast. He's a very ambitious, out-going person.

Agreed with the out-going and relaxed personality but you could say the exact same for Jeff though. I find Brad and Vinny to be a little more reserved.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By slyspider

Drew makes me happy in places I haven't been happy in in far too long.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By abendlaender
No Caption Provided

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy Drew.

Avatar image for james_ex_machina
James_ex_machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew is coming into his own on the podcast. I have to laugh at the "less of a nerd" comment though. Drew is just as much of a nerd about military stuff as the other guys are about games. This is what makes the Bombcast so interesting to me, the different personalities/interests working together. Of coarse if there wasn't chemistry, the podcast would bomb.(pun intended) Drew's a good addition to the Bombcast.

Sure I wish someone could step in and replace Ryan(without trying to be Ryan!) but I'm not sure if this will happen.

I remember a time when I thought "why is Patrick messing up the formula" by being on the Bombcast so much. It's not that I didn't like the guy it just changed things. Now I miss Patrick and his indie and horror game talk on the Bombcast.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I've never thought of him as awkward. The rest of those fuckers just never laugh at his funny jokes.

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew is the new Vinny

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew has gaming interests that differ from the rest of the crew. I would like if their was somebody else there to talk about simulations and stuff.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#79 fisk0  Moderator

I'm a big fan of his stealth jokes that are super obvious and yet seem to fly over everyone else's head. Drew's a dark one, and I enjoy that.

I'm dressed up as a speed bump!

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@csl316: Seeing as you were wondering in the comments on that pic, I made the Drew reactions face thing during the Halo-a-thon thing. TBH I was more concerned that the guy barely blinked during the damn thing.

Hurrah, mystery solved. I saved that right away and uploaded it a couple weeks later. Now there's a shoutout in there.

And yes, being stoic for 24 hours was kind of worrisome.

beepmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually surprised anyone would think Drew is awkward. He's always seemed very much the opposite to me. Cool and calm and measured. He speaks very clearly and seems to say exactly what he means which is no mean feat on camera or on a podcast. But he's also kind of an adventurous outgoing dude as well. Just watch the Iceland travelogue or listen to his experiences in North Korea. You don't do that shit if you walk through life awkwardly.

But I get what you're saying how he brings a different style to the show, and it's totally rad.

"I'm gonna take some eye meat" - Drew Scanlon, eating a sheep's head in Iceland, 2013.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Drew talks when he has a joke to make, or when he's singled out by Jeff for a "hey what have you been doing" type thing. Drew is the least videogames-inclined videogamesman, I suppose you could say. He's not awkward, but he knows that he can't make a joke a minute like Jeff or Vinny. Dude is comfortable where he is and it's amazing.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Vrikk

@encephalon said:

Drew's great. I think he only comes off as awkward because he's the only one in the room, except sometimes Brad, who thinks about what he's saying before he says it.

I think this is a really good way to put it. His tentativeness to just blab on like the rest of the crew is his personality, and I misread it as he's awkward or nervous. I'm not used to his style yet since he's still fairly new to the Cast. Maybe it's not awkwardness; maybe he is careful with words and I'm not used to that on the Bombcast.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew is awesome.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@handlas said:

From all his stories he seems the most outgoing... like more outgoing than I could ever hope to be. Seems like he is into everything that has ever existed.

And your second post completely contradicts the topic post you made. You confused person you.

As I stated, I think I misread him after reading all of the comments here. I initially thought it was awkwardness, when in reality his personality is so different from the regulars. He is reserved and careful with words - the others aren't.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By superfriend

I honestly think he´s the least awkward of the group. But I guess he stands out and that could make him seem awkward?!

Whatever Drew is amazing. He fits right in with the rag tag group that is GB. Giantbomb needs two things at the moment: Another editor (that Jeff Green) and some energy drinks for Brad.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy him. People often forget that he isn't green when it comes to the bombcast. He has been guest appearing on the bombcast for years. I was just listening to a bombcast from Jan 2010 back when ME2 was released with him on. He has definitely opened up/ become more comfortabl over the years.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Zebras

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find this topic forty times more awkward than Drew could ever be.

FierceDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew has it all. He's smart, articulate, physically fit, and engaged in a wide variety of hobbies and interests. Drew is basically the Übermensch.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't find him awkward at all. The word awkward is kinda awkward though. You got that weird 'wkw' part that always makes me think I'm spelling it wrong. Soooo awkwardddd. It's even more awkward because I called it out, but then it's like this fun awkward like "ohhhh heyy, so awkward", and then we, like, laugh and stuff. Because it's like this weird connection that we share cause it's like we both recognize it?

Basically the word awkward was snuck into our lexicon by extra-dimensional god-monsters to turn us all into blathering idiots.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything, he has just become more and more talkative as time has passed. Maybe some of his "awkwardness" comes from seemingly not being into as many games as the others, but he still plays some, so that's not really an issue...and his life outside of gaming makes all the others seem like sack of potatoes.

Wilshere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Wilshere

Sometimes he has troubles explaining his thoughts. I still really enjoy his presense in the bombcast.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Chop

If you wanna talk awkward, lets talk Matt Rorie. That man is the most awkward human being I've ever seen and god damn if he doesn't completely own it <3

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think he's awkward but I definitely love it when he's around in videos, etc. Him and Patrick are probably my two favorite people here.

davidmerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh God, his Silence of the Lambs reference near the end of last week's cast was one of the funniest things I've heard on the Bombcast in a while.

WesleyWyndam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't noticed any awkwardness.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew is awesome. Although sometimes I wonder if he's just a figment of my imagination. He's into some hardcore nerd stuff, and some incredibly rad stuff. It's like.... he's two people, man.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Drew's a good part of the Bombcast, but he's a better 5th man than a 4th. They need another dude who plays video games in there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490
deactivated-5a4ea8fdbe490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Drew is like, Otacon meets Indiana Jones.