#1 Edited by LandonRobinson (113 posts) -

Hi duders!

I spent some time tonight compiling and visualizing data from every Game of the Year Giant Bomb has hosted deliberation podcasts for (2008 to 2017).

While the findings aren't that surprising, I found investigating how much time has been spent debating the nature of notable video games interesting. I hope you do too!

Have a great holiday!

Here's a high res version: https://imgur.com/a/LHKIY

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (15101 posts) -

I liked that. Good work!

#3 Posted by JosephKnows (479 posts) -

heads up

the graph on the left for 2010 and 2011 are the exact same down to the times for each day. i don't think it's supposed to be that way given 2011 is longer!

also, in the daily podcast runtimes graph, 2010 somehow has a day 6???

#4 Posted by GundamGuru (786 posts) -

@landonrobinson: I was initially really confused at how you had runtime data for 2017 already... but then I saw in another thread that Brad tweeted out an image of the runtimes. So don't worry, peeps, you haven't missed anything yet.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
#5 Posted by Redhotchilimist (2963 posts) -

Neat, good job.

#6 Posted by NickM (1169 posts) -

That's really cool, but has it been confirmed that those runtimes are already edited? Half those times could just be Lockdown on repeat, while the staff is away looking for a good burrito.

#7 Posted by dafdiego777 (300 posts) -

@nickm: I assume brad posted the runtime after editing. But don’t like - we all know six hours of lockdown would be great.

#8 Posted by LandonRobinson (113 posts) -

@josephknows: That's correct. 2009 and 2010 had Day 6 deliberations! I've also fixed the 2010/2011 issue you mentioned, thanks!

#9 Edited by LandonRobinson (113 posts) -
#10 Posted by CaptainBlueSky (11 posts) -
#11 Posted by Shindig (4939 posts) -

Looks like there was some serious trench digging on day five. That's almost an entire shift.

#12 Posted by nutter (2137 posts) -

Cool, thanks!

I love the insanity that the GOTY podcasts have evolved to. I look more forward to hearing the knives come out than just about anything in entertainment.

#13 Posted by cchaos420 (3 posts) -

Great job